BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 29, 2014
Huge box.. not too much in it. Not many sticks but tons of connectors. The picture is right in retrospect. Cant build a decent thing with this set... buyer beware.
on May 4, 2015
This set is big enough that when my 3 year old granddaughter got it for her birthday we took the set and divided it so she'd have some at her house and some at mine. Although you can't build what the pattern that comes with the set with just half the set my toddler still uses her imagination and puts the pieces together and calls it whatever she dreams up. My special needs teenage son also has enjoyed building with these. He has bad fine motor skills but these aren't so small that he can't manipulate them. (He can no longer play with regular sizes Lego's they are to small for him) So if you have a child (or even an adult) that needs something to help with mind activity and has trouble with their hands try this set of Tinkertoys This summer we will be ordering more sets for birthdays so we can built whatever my family imagines.
on September 29, 2015
These are not the tinker toys from when I grew up in the 70s. I found these hard to use and I stored them away for when he's closer to 5-6. I found the plastic flimsy and longed for the wooden ones.
on February 14, 2014
It's amusingly wasteful that the pieces in the box actually fill only about 1/6 of the box. I assume it's to fool people who are shopping in person? I bought this for my grandsons, knowing how many pieces we were getting, and begrudgingly paying the price, but I'm surprised they haven't gotten on the green bandwagon. (However, it's recyclable, for those that won't be as amused as I am by the fraudulent packaging.)
on April 4, 2015
My husband and son (5) are currently on the den floor building space ships and aliens with this Tinkertoy set. It's not the wooden set from our youth (ah those golden years) but my son doesn't care and is loving playing and building with it.

I do think this set is a bit limited but I did purposely go with a cheaper set initially to see if my kiddo would have an interest in playing with it. Since he is really enjoying it (and because they're starting to argue over pieces), I think I will order an expansion set.

**edited** my son is now building Ninja weapons with the tinker toys and using them to attack his pillows. I think this was an inevitable outcome - but be forewarned.
on December 30, 2013
My kids are having fun with them and they seem very solid. Only complaint I have is they came in a box that was easily 3 times as big as it needed to be.
on December 1, 2015
These are great. My 5 year old and 3 year year old both love these. We've had them over a year now and they are holding up all the hours and hours of play very well.
on January 31, 2016
I bought two for my grandson who asked for it after playing with TinkerToys in his classroom during indoor recess, free time and after-care. He is 7 years old and in 1st grade. He LOVES this toy and has built some very creative objects with it. His sister who will turn 4 soon also LOVES it. I was concerned about getting a plastic version but the flexibilty of the dowel pieces allows for much more creativity: helmets, tiaras, etc. I intend to buy more to increase their abilities to create more and perhaps larger structures.
on June 21, 2015
I don't remember using tinker toys as a child but I know they have been a popular toy for many years. I decided to get these for my very mechanically minded four year old son after a trip to the children's museum- where he spent much of his time playing with this toy. He loved them and we had to drag him away! He now sits and plays with them at home and mom can catch a little break-- to do laundry, of course.

It comes with a little "how to" booklet which was fun. Only complaint was it didn't seem like a lot of pieces once we got them all out. Definitely purchasing a bigger set!
on October 28, 2016
I had these as a kid and loved them. They were nothing like the ones they make today. Mine were wooden, these are plastic. Still a great toy. Fun for the whole family! They give you examples of toys you can build which is fun. You can also let your imagination run wild and build whatever you want. Easy to pull apart. My daughter is 8 and still plays with these. Also great for younger kids.