- Item Weight: 12.6 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 13.1 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B000FK63LK
- Item model number: 859116
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (394 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #156,310 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta, Penne, 16 Ounce (Pack of 12)
- Whole-grain pasta that's wheat and gluten free
- Kosher certified
- Cooks up to a perfect al dente texture with award winning taste
- Made with rice
- Cholesterol free
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Flavor: Penne | Size: 16 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Brown rice, rice bran and water.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
The other night, I tried cooking it the alternate way (it's on the package) because I am temporarily using a kitchen with only one small gas burner, and several electric appliances. I really wanted pasta, so I boiled the water, added the spirals, let boil for a couple of minutes (stirred a few times) then took it off the heat and let it sit COVERED for about 20 mins while I sauteed veggies and made a sauce. It worked! YAY! energy-efficient food! I love it!
When the sauce was ready, we drained the pasta...yup...cooked thru...and dumped it in the saucepan. We let it sit while we did some other things, and it's texture was still great!
I agree with the above poster that it needs less cook time than stated on the package.
It's a large bag of pasta, which will make enough for at least 8 people (with heeping plates full). But once bag is opened, you have to store in plastic or glass container to keep fresh - so not convenient unless you're using entire bag at once.
I've cooked it traditionally, boiling and then cooling - and also the way it suggests on bag, boil quickly and cool longer. Both work fine.
Again, my favorite thing about this pasta is the texture. When I add a small amount of olive oil it melts in my mouth. The flavor is bland (which it's supposed to be - it's pasta!) and it goes well with an assortment of cheeses.
They're a little more expensive than other brands, but worth it to me for taste.
Love to mix it with vegetables. Enjoy!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
- These were a bit more expensive than the grocery, but the only grocery which sells them is a 20 to 25 minute drive from my home, AND these were packed in such a way that **almost... Read morePublished 11 days ago by K. M. Krieger
Gluten free pasta is sometimes "off" in its texture so I was excited to find this brand. It was great. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Heather T
this really is the best gluten free pasta I've tried ( I haven't tried all of them) - I always cook it the "energy efficient way" and find that it comes out best with that... Read morePublished 4 months ago by jtilton
Excellent product. Very reasonable private and came before it was promised packed nicely.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Best Gluten free pasta brand! These particular spiral noodles are great because they stay a little more firm so we like them for macaroni dishes.Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
I'm not GF however I'm trying to watch my carb intake and this seemed healthier than semolina pasta. It's pretty much the only pasta I use now. Read morePublished 8 months ago by SheSween