Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 11, 2016
First, let me say, I think I keep Amazon in business with all of the things I buy on here! I am rarely moved to write a review. This play mat has been one of the best (of many) purchases that I've made! We had another play mat, but it was a smaller one and I wasn't happy with the quality of the mat or the toys. The mat was just a mat, whereas this mat has a crinkly ear for the elephant, flowers that are raised up for her to grab, and some other fun tag like things for my baby to experience and keep her interested. The toys are also really nice quality, and hang down low enough for her to interact with them without getting frustrated. Plus lights and music! Another huge plus for me is that it folds closed very easily and has snaps to keep it closed. Because you know you've battled with those foam arches if you've ever owned a playmat! Very well designed, and will keep my baby busy and happy for a while!
on March 8, 2015
This was recommended by a good friend who used it for her child, so I registered for it for my baby shower. My child loved it to pieces and used it in various configurations for over a year! She's now almost two and still sometimes wants to pull out the little animals. As a newborn, she layed on her back or tummy, listened to the music and loved the bright colors. As she got older, she started to grab for the animals and kicked at the little rattle. As she started to sit up, again, she grabbed for the animals, could start kicking to get the music started, and could even start to move the switch to turn the music on. The bars on this were actually the first thing she used to pull up on! It's amazing, I would recommend this to anyone, and have already bought it as a gift for two friends who asked what activity mat they should register for. Also, it is really easy to unsnap and fold up if you need the space, and very easy to take the music element out and wash the cover if your child spits up or has an accident. Highly recommend!!
on June 16, 2015
I LOVE this little gym for my little one. I am so glad that I got rid of the Baby Einstein one that I had for my first child and went with a different one. This has made the biggest difference for play time.

Pros:
- Easy to set up
- Has a music box with two different kinds of music and lights.
- Snaps together for folding
- Takes up little space when folded together
- Bars snap off so you can wash the play mat
- High bars; you can put a boppy underneath, or your little one can be sitting under and not get smacked in the face with low toys
- The toys slide around, the clips on the actual bar move up and down and you can position them anywhere that you want.
- Lots of great toys that are included
- Colorful toys and mat
- Big mirror that stays in place with a loop at the bottom of the mat and a velcro tag.

Cons:
- Music can be a little loud
- Would be nice if there were extra empty spots for additional toys

Overall, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this play mat. It has high bars and all of the clips move around. I've had to wash it and this snaps apart so easily and when you are putting it back together it goes together in a snap. My little one can play under this toy for quite a while and not get bored. I'm able to move the toys and positioning around to keep her entertained. I've added my own toys to switch it out for her and she loves everything about this. I've even taken this to friends houses because it folds flat and isn't bulky to travel with.

If you are looking for a play mat I would HIGHLY recommend this one. It may not look as fancy as the Fisher Price one but it is incredible. I debated for a long time between this one and the fisher price one and I am glad that I picked this one.
on April 21, 2014
So many baby items come in pastel colors that are hard for babies to see as their brains and eyes develop. Bright contrasting colors are actually the best and this play mat is just perfect for that! Our little girls used it until recently and that's mostly because now we want to enourage her to sit up instead of laying down and playing with the hanging toys. The toys that come with it are all interesting and feature different things to keep babies entertained: there are the green all-plastic keys, the bird with crinkly material in its wings, the giraffe with the rattle inside, etc. So, there are different things for different interests at each stage of development as well as just changing things up for the sake of boredom! The music is a bit annoying to us and we don't use it often, preferring to turn on music from another source. However, it's a nice feature to have. We've washed the mat several times when we feel like it has been covered in one-too-many instances of spit up. It's easy to watch and the colors have remained bright; it looks like it's still in the same condition as when we bought it. The other big winner with this is the large mirror. It's a good size--bigger than on any other play mat I have seen--and perfect for development and entertainment. I am so glad that we bought this mat instead of one of the others that might look prettier to our adult eyes but wouldn't be a great for our baby.
on September 13, 2015
The absolute best part about this mat doesn't even show in the product photos. In the product photos, you see holes at intervals along the bars, which limits where you can place toys. Now, there are clips that slide along the bars. These are far superior and other manufacturers need to take note. It's such an excellent feature to be able to slide several toys within my baby's reach or to set them at various heights to be easy or challenging to reach. I would not hesitate to buy this again. The crinkle parrot rocks and the giraffe is my baby's favorite thing to grab for. The monkey is just okay, and the rest of the hanging toys go ignored. Baby also likes the mirror on the corner and for some reason, even though she's still on her back, loves to crunch the elephant ear. She doesn't seem to care one way or the other for the music, but we shall see once she starts lifting up on her stomach and crawling. I imagine it will be more fun then. The mat folds up easily and very flat. It is pretty thin, but we have ours sitting on a foam play area. As for now, she just loves sitting under the bars with three toys all within reach and she laughs and laughs. Easily one of the best purchases I've made.
on October 5, 2014
I am having my fifth child in a week and just pulled out our activity mats. I have owned four mats and this one is hands down the most popular in terms of infant interest. I am not sure why, but all my infants have preferred this mat and the matching toys to any other. On their bellies, they are very interested in the black and white zebra and play with his mane. On their backs, they enjoy the hanging toys much more than other gym toys. All my infants have pulled the elephant down ahead of schedule and love his crinkly ears. I like that you can adjust the links conveniently in many different positions, always challenging your baby to reach a little more or look a little further. The only parenting complaint I had about this mat is if you have a child prone to spitting up or overfilling a diaper, this mat is not so easy to launder. It has a little music and lights board that comes out for laundering. It's a bit of a hassle, and though this mat is on year 8 of use, the music board really starting going down hill around baby 3- it didn't matter how much I changed the batteries, it sounded sick. So I don't use the music portion anymore, but the mat is still the most captivating.
on December 30, 2014
We all disliked it and returned it. Yes it comes with a lot of toys, but they are a low quality. The fabric and stitching seamed cheap and everything smelled like plastic. The mat was a scratchy polyester type material that did not feel comfortable on my face, so I can't imagine it would have felt great on baby skin. We ended up purchasing the skip hop giraffe activity gym and the toys and fabric were all much better quality. Skip hop has less toys and was less flashy, but was a lot nicer. It lasted to 6 months interest wise and the toys that it came with are still played with at 10 months.
on November 13, 2014
We chose this gym after researching tons of other popular gyms(Infantino, Fisher price). We got this for our son's 2nd month B'Day , he just turned 6 months and still enjoys it! This is one of those toys that grows with your child.This is one of the few gyms with bigger mats.I have machine washed the mat a few times , it has totally retained it's color and quality. The mat has decent padding so you can place it directly on the carpeted floor(I have never placed it on wooden floor). The arches can be removed completely or can be laid down during tummy time.It does come with nice colorful toys which make different sounds, I also hang few of this favorite rattlers and teethers using the links (Bright Starts Lots of Links- Solid Colors).

This gym keeps him engaged for 15-30 mins easily .Initially he would just stare at the colorful toys hanging above, then he started to bat at them...After few weeks , he started to grasp them and started enjoying the sound the bead rattlers and the birds wings made. After he started to roll over, he started exploring the lighting flowers, elephants ear and different textures and pictures on the mat! The mat is now a little small for him , I plan to remove the arches and place this on a bigger mat. This gym is a winner..Totally worth the money!
on September 3, 2014
I bought this mat when my little one was only a month old and I was looking for ways to keep her entertained when she is awake. I really love how this mat keeps her active (her arms flailing & her legs kicking & wiggling) and mentally stimulated. She spends most of her play time on it when she is awake, and now at almost 3 months old, it can keep her happily entertained for more than an hour at a time. To keep her engaged, I change her position on the mat & also switch the 4 toys around. I also supplement with other toys to add some music and/or variety to her experience. I find giving her not more than one or 2 of the toys at a time to play with, is most effective with her at this stage - any more & she seems to get overwhelmed & fussy. She is already rolling over from her back to her side & I have been really awestruck watchingher interactions with the toys change over time as she has gotten older.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 16, 2012
I don't have a lot of experience with other playmats, but we enjoy this one so far. There are plenty of spots to hang little toys and they can be replaced with anything with a hook (if you want to hang toys other than the ones that come with the mat). It's durable enough to travel around with. When we just want to move it from one room to another I can just grab the hanging rods in the middle and carry it around. There are interesting little things all over the mat like a honking horn, a crinkly sound inside some of the pieces, the mirror, and pieces that are furry and fold over. I suspect this toy won't be very amusing once the little guy is crawling, but until then it's a sanity-saver as he plays for 30 minutes or more.

The only thing not really that great is the music. There are only 2 settings - Mozart and Nursery Tunes. They sound like a synthesizer and I cringe when they hit some notes. But I have several old ipods laying around or we can turn on music from a laptop instead so I don't have to use their music.

UPDATE 12/13/12:

We've now had the mat for a couple months and it's just about near its end as far as entertainment for our baby. He enjoyed it while it lasted and he'll probably use it for another month or so, but not as much as he has the last couple months when he wasn't so mobile.

Check out my other comments on baby products we like or find useful. And let me know if you find them helpful!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.