Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tiny Love Musical Nature Stroll Toy Bar
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on March 8, 2011
I purchased this stroller activity toy bar for my active baby boy when he was 3 months old. He took to it immediately, and within a minute or so started pulling on the little strawberry-shaped pull that activates the spinning propeller. The spinning propeller has decals on both sides so it's interesting from either side. He loved looking through the Lion "Prism", he'd look through and smile and laugh. He loved spinning the Parrot spinner, at 3 months, it was totally his skill level so it always gave him something active to do to distract him from being frustrated. At the beginning, I set aside the little musical mirror that hangs from the Lion Prism, mainly because the music is on the loud side, it activates itself when it hits something, or you press it, and without fail, it was always went off once the baby fell asleep. There's no way to adjust the volume level or even turn it off. Now at 14 months, we enjoy playing with the musical mirror, just not on the stroller....

How does it fit onto the strollers? Place the little blue clamps onto a spot on each side of your carseat/carriage. Turn the orange twist knobs, they tighten down the clamps. The whole thing has four bend points across the arch (after each toy) so that it can be moved and adjusted into a number of shapes.

Strollers: I used this for six months on my Graco Snugride carseat/Graco Snugrider stroller combo, it tightens on fine. Then I moved it to my Peg Perego Pliko P3, where it also fits fine. On the Graco it was useful because it forms a frame so that I can drape a nursing cover over the existing sunshade and the Toy Bar to extend the sun shade like a little tent over him so that he was completely out of the sun and could sleep in peace.
We still use it at 14 months on the Peg Perego to do the same thing, and it forms a little tent in from of him (desert sun....) but he can still look out to the side as he's falling asleep, so the Toy Bar prevents him from losing his entire view....

Travel: This was useful to have on our carseat on the plane when we took quite a few long flights.

Compare to Tiny Love Sunny Stroll Toy Bar: It's much better than Tiny Love Sunny Stroll Toy Bar (which we also own): If you're deciding between the Musical Nature Stroll and the Sunny Stroll Toy Bar, then definitely buy the Musical Nature Stroll (even if it's more expensive...) A few reasons:
1. The Strawberry-shaped pull that activates the spinning propeller is much easier for a young baby (3-4 months) to grasp vs. the Sunny Stroll rattly-birdy shaped ball. On the Sunny Stroll, he almost never pulled the propeller, on the Musical Nature, he was always playing with it.
2. Musical Nature Stroll includes the little hanging mirror that is also musical, which we still have fun with today (although as a minus, there's no way to shut it off....see above). The Sunny Stroll mirror isn't musical. The mirrors are plastic on both, he never really looks in them as mirrors.
3. The little Lion "Prism" on the Musical Nature Stroll was always captivating for my baby, I think he likes Lions. He never showed the same interest in the little Sun Prism, the shape or the colors just aren't as eye-catching.
4. The Musical Nature's Parrot Spinner, again, is just that bit more interesting. The little butterfly hangs from it. On the Sunny Stroll, there's a Butterfly Spinner, and then a butterfly hanging from it, and it always strikes me as being a bit boring, because it's a butterfly with a butterfly, i.e. the concept is duplicated.

Overall, the Musical Nature Stroll was one of the best purchases we made. It's very adjustable and versatile and we still use it on the stroller in conjunction with a cover to keep the sun off the baby.
22 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2010
This is a really cute toy. My 5 1/2 month old daughter seemed interested in it when I took it out of the package. Unfortunately it didn't fit on my carseat (Britax Boulevard - carseat sides too wide) or stroller (UppaBaby G-Luxe - bad angle). I had to return it.
on October 28, 2009
We bought this for our son mainly to use on long car rides. The item is well made, the colors are perfect, and we love being able to pretty much bend it any way we want. When we first got it, he was about 11 weeks old so we just attached it in the most upright position and he would just stare at it. Now that he's older, we set it a little lower so he can grab the attachments and use his feet to play with it. He grabs and chews on the butterfly and the rubber strawberry. Pulling on the little strawberry makes the fan spin. He also kicks at the mirror in the middle. If he kicks it hard enough, it plays a little tune. You have to hit it pretty hard to get the music to play though so it's something for younger babies to grow with. I like that it has two rattles, one inside the bird and the other inside the back of the mirror. So, when we're driving he always has some noise keeping his attention even if he's not actively playing with the toy. It's also great for getting his attention when he's being fussy about being placed in the car seat. Once I place it over the car seat, he instantly quiets down and starts playing with his toy. He loves it and we do too!
on June 24, 2011
Encouraged by the positive reviews I purchased this activity arch for my son when he was 6 weeks old. He was quite alert baby from the beginning and he loved staring at the colorful toys attached to the bar, especially at the spinning propeller. Now he is almost 4 months old and I think now he can fully appreciate the versatility of this wonderful toy! I do not want to repeat the detailed description of the toy bar as it was already depicted beautifully in other reviews. Let me just say my son loves grabbing the hanging music mirror, squeezing the rustling butterfly and staring and touching lion prism, pull the propeller rope. This is a really great product!

Before purchase when reading the reviews for this product I was seeking the information on names of stroller and car seat brands that actually fit this toy bar. So for a reference I list the products we use that fit:
- chicco keyfit30 stroller
- chicco keyfit30 newborn car seat
- graco play 'n pack
on September 15, 2013
There are a few things we didn't love about this toy. One is that the music is not really what we expected. It only plays a super short tune when you press one toy. My baby is now 4 months and just started to get the motor skills of pulling, touching, grabbing, and even caring about toys. Before she would just look at the toys hanging over her head and I had to move them around to get her interested. Now she loves it but I wish there was more music playing and she could spin the ball herself because otherwise it is just to look at but too high for baby to reach.
on December 5, 2013
My daughter loves her stroll toy! It perks her up instantly if she begins to get fussy, with the little mirror on the sun, and it catches her attention well. However, upon receiving it, the batteries inside the sun were dead, so we had to purchase new ones to hear the music. There was also the fact that I've only been able to get it to play one song, not the 3 that the product description or the packaging advertises.
on December 28, 2013
I have tried many of these as I already have an older daughter and they are usually difficult to attach or they hang on the wrong side. This toy is phantastic, the attachment method is really thought well, easy and you can attach it anywhere. My 2 month old son already loves it as despite not being huge it has many things to entertain him. And the best of all is once you detach it you can fold it easily making it smaller so you can put it in the bottom part of your stroller. Great buy !!!
on December 25, 2012
For the price this is a great option to add entertainment to bouncer. It would be great on stroller too.
on June 5, 2014
I bought this despite some reviewers saying it didn't fit well on their Britax carseat. But desperate times call for desperate measures!! My six month old son screamed every time I put him into a carsat. I was willing to try almost anything to distract him and give us some peace.

This toy bar only sort of fit on my Britax B-safe carseat. Well enough that he could sort of play a bit, but he does put it too close to his face as he plays with it.

He likes the crinkles on the lion's head. The rattles in the parrot drive me insane in the car on the way to/from work. I'm not a fan. He really likes the strawberry teething ring thing. The musical sun thing quit playing after a day or two, but that was a blessing in my mind.

We have had the most fun with this using it as a distraction device on the shopping cart in the grocery store.
on February 27, 2013
We originally purchased to go along with the Baby Bjorn Baby Sitter Bouncer (which is another highly recommended purchase). But you can use this thing everywhere...Bouncer, infant carrier or car seat, stroller, changing table.. It is so versatile we are purchasing another style just to add some variety.