Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services RestaurantPV RestaurantPV RestaurantPV  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Metallica Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 120 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on May 19, 2008
I,ve waited for so long and it's finally here! The first volume of Tiny Toon Adventures on DVD! I remember Tiny Toon Adventures from my childhood back when I was a young lass. In case you are unfamiliar, Tiny Toons is about a second generation of young Toons who are kid-like versions of Looney Tunes. They attend a school called Acme Looneversity where the original Looney Tune characters are teachers. They teach Buster, Babs and the other Tiny Toons on how to become the 2nd generation of Toons and they earn a diploma of Lunacy when they graduate. If they're not at school, the young toons are out having adventures that are often parodies of popular movies, TV shows, comic books, etc. Tiny Toons like 80s and 90s cartoons and many other classics have true humor and absolutley none of the rotten toilet humor and idiocy that's in the horrible cartoons and animated films of today. Thanks to this and other DVDs, we can now have the classics with us forever. The humor in Tiny Toons is witty and often has parodies of popular TV shows and movies. This is one classic you may want to share with your family.

Tiny Toon Adventures began production when Warner Bros. reinstated its animation studio in 1980. It debuted in 1990 on Fox Kids and ended production in 1995. A major precedent was the success of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Tiny Toon Adventures is a witty show that often contained political and entertainment satire. Caricature versions of celebrities made frequent appearances, though were almost always voiced by imitators, and often appeared under parody names. Tiny Toon Adventures is a series that kids, teens and adults of all ages can enjoy.

This is defintely a recommendation for all DVD libraries.

Here's a list of the episodes per disc.

disc 1

Psychic Fun-Omenon Day
The Wild World of Elmyra
A Ditch in Time
on May 12, 2016
Call me a kid at heart but these were a great addition to my movie collection. I used to watch this as a kid and would be entertained and now it still made me chuckle. My 8 year old who is more of a non- fiction, non- comedy type, like his daddy, watched. He liked it I think because of all the songs and learning they try to impose. For example, one episode teaches about the states, while another tells about Abraham Lincoln. Of course it is more comical than traditional teaching but still it gives the just of the matters. I personally like it
on October 11, 2008
I remember when this series first came out on weekday afternoons. I enjoyed it immensely and found lots of laughs and fun stories. Some of the humor is definitely dated to the early 90s, the culture and personalities of the day, but I think children, youths and adults can still find plenty to enjoy about it. This series was essentially the beginning of a string of animated hits from Warner Brothers during the 90s television animation revival, roughly coinciding with Disney's launch of a high-quality series of television animated programs. The writing and music were great, with some stories and characters more memorable than others. This first volume features some of the most classic episodes that I remember best and most fondly.

However, the transfers on this set are rather poor. Much poorer than those of Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs volumes. They look like transfers from old syndication tapes, the picture being somewhat soft.

Also, during this early period WB was farming out the animation work all over the world. Most of the studios did good to very good work animating these programs. Unfortunately one studio seemed to get a disproportionate amount of the work during these early days and did an absolutely terrible job. Kennedy Cartoons animated and for all intents and purposes ruined large portions of these cartoons and even whole episodes. How can I describe how unappealing their animation was? Basically the guilty parties should be hunted down and punished. How in the world they could receive the model sheets, do their sorry excuse for animation, look at the two in comparison and not see that their product looked like absolute garbage is beyond me. The characters are consistently off model, with stupid "cigar-chewing" mouths, goofy hand posture, shuffling feet, look like they're squatting on the floor all the time, and bouncing incessantly. To see this worthless junk animated over the lavishly painted backgrounds of this series is a bit disconcerting. It's even more egregious, almost criminal, when Kennedy got their dirty mitts on classic characters like Elmer and Bugs for short segments, such as in "Fields of Honey". I remember tuning in for re-runs of this show after school. If I saw it was one of the episodes that looked like trash I'd just turn it off.

Mercifully Warner Bros got fed up with the crap Kennedy consistently produced and finally gave them the boot. Later seasons and later WB series didn't suffer the indignity of being animated by those no-talent hacks. Here's hoping for future volumes of this series that will feature better animated episodes on the whole and have even more fun memories.
on July 31, 2008
As a huge Tiny Toons fan I waited many long years for this in anticipation they would release it with the same high quality and interesting extras and packaging as other Warner Brothers animation. See the Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, Vol. 1-4 series for how good WB can do when they put in the effort. This first Tiny Toons release apparently didn't warrant the same care, which is disappointing for us long-time fans as well as those willing to pay a premium for the 4 disc set.

There are precious few extras, disappointing for a series made in the heyday of the Amblin studio. The DVDs menus are just straight "click here" links - no animation, no sound effects - again, disappointing for such a thoughtfully animated and written series.

Last, the cartoons themselves. The DVD video transfer is amongst the worst I've seen for animation and in my DVD collection I have lots of examples for comparison. Dirt, weak color and a low-quality transfer make this really hard to watch, particularly when I have such fond memories of the series. The sound mix is good and the great classic cartoon orchestrations and sound effects come through well.

All in all, I hope this freshman effort has a stronger follow-on in subsequent entries in the series.
77 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2008
I was waiting for the Tiny Toons Adventure release and when finally the day came i order it, and the delivery was fast, and of course i just saw all the episodes, i love it, i cant wait to get the season 2, the product that i receive was new, that's what i like from amazon.
on January 8, 2015
I'm glad they finally release the main Tiny Toon series on dvd. I hope they release the remaining 2 specials on dvd someday. I grew up with the family watching Tiny Toons when I was young and it was a show we all as a family love. The only thing we could really rely on watching these amazing cartoons again at the time is by holding on to tapes recording the broadcasts. Now I am relieved this is finally on dvd. However, Warner Bros. waited just slightly too long to put it on dvd. Someone really close to me whom I love dearly passed away sadly within little over a mere year before Tiny Toons season 1 volume 1 came to be on dvd igniting the rest of the volume's releases. So the Tiny Toons dvds would get 5 stars but the inexcusable long wait on preserving this show into digital knocks it down 1. Too bad my close friend missed the release by a year because of her passing away. Please release Night Ghoulery and Spring Break on dvd before it's too late for the people who want to watch it completed, Warner Bros.
on October 15, 2008
I remember when this cartoon used to come on in the afternoons. I would rush home from school and catch every episode before doing my homework. Everything is exactly as I remembered. I definitely recommend this to everyone who still has love for toons.
on April 13, 2008
Fantastic! Tiny Toon fans have been waiting for years to see this out on DVD.
For those not as familiar, Tiny Toon Adventures (TTA) was a weekday cartoon that came out in the early 1990s. It's animation and story lines were wonderful, contrasted with the majority of poorer quality animated shows of the time.
The "next generation" of Looney Tunes (not baby versions of the originals), TTA kept what made toons fun, while leaving most of the old overdone formulas behind. While enjoyable for kids, it also had a lot of jokes and references that made the show as much fun for adults as well. In fact most of the people I knew who watched TTA were young adults, including myself. But don't bother trying to convince the marketing people of that. Fortunately the writers and animators knew their audience.
I've seen some box art for this elsewhere, and have to say I think they could significantly improve it, if going to be more appealing to its fans. But don't let it dissuade you from checking the show out.
Overall one of my favorite cartoon series, and as much fun for us big kids as for the young ones. I'm looking forward to having it on DVD!
on March 23, 2010
Just recieved my copy this morning and I was highly disappoited in the Packaging for Tiny Toons. Looks like hardly any effort was put into it. The set is not in a DVD boxset but in a single DVD case. Instead of overlapped discs, the discs are in thier own case, so you have to flip to get to them. The boxart is nothing special, something you could easily do in Photoshop. I'm certainly not a fan of flip side discs like for disc 4. It would have been better if they had just added a disc 5. There is also no artwork on disc 4 which means it will probably get easily scratched if you don't take care of it. There're these weird circular things on the front and back inside the DVD. Not sure what the point of that was for. For a great show, it definiely deserves better treatment and should've recieve the same treatment that Animaniacs had gotten.

On a good note, the episodes are unedited! The picture quality is still bright and colorful. Though there is still some grainy-blurry spots on them.

Besides the packaging, I'm super happy that it's finally out on DVD. It's been so long since I had last seen Tiny Toons. I don't think I will buy Season 1 Volume 2. Again, the packaging is just awful. I think I'll wait for a complete season 1 boxset and hope for better treatment.

5 stars for the show, 2 stars for the packaging.
on July 11, 2015
This cartoon was produced very well, but the DVD is a bargain-bin release for sure. It's a relatively careless transfer from analog sources, so it's got all those fantastic problems you remember from good old NTSC television. Even the logos have serious dot-crawl all over them. The DVD encoding looks bad to begin with, and is only exacerbated by the analog problems in the source material. If you've ever plugged a VCR into your HDTV, you know what this will look like.