Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 102 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 155 reviews
on July 9, 2016
I was so thrilled to find this relic of my childhood available on DVD. I remember I used to watch this 2-3 times a day almost everyday, when I was a kid. Through the years, I have remembered so much of it, and yet when I watched it again recently, I saw many things I had forgotten about (such as, "Sixty-seven bottles of non-alcoholic beverage on the wall, sixty-seven bottles of non-alcoholic beverage...") Oh, good times, good times.

I have noticed that some have complained about the image quality of this, but I had no issues with it. It looks (and sounds) exactly the same as my VHS copy. Kids today would probably like it--they may not get all the jokes or references to early '90s popular figures, but there is still a lot to enjoy. This was one of my favorite videos while growing up, and it has been nice taking this trip back in time.
on May 5, 2016
Just received my copy of Tiny Toons How I Spent My Summer Vacation. Very very pleased with it. I have read several reviews online about this product and the one common complain I continued to read was regarding the quality of the film. This film is NOT claiming to be remastered. So, no, it is not blu ray quality, but that was not what I was expecting. It is dvd quality and I have been watching it on a 65" LG TV with a PS4 and I have no complaints. While reading some of the reviews I questioned wether or not I should have ordered it, and boy am I glad that I did!! My kids are LOVING it and so are my husband and I. Brings you back to the early 90s. If you love this cartoon as much as I do then by all means do not let the reviews of quality stop you from purchasing. I will repurchase this when I do see that it has been digitally remastered if that ever happens (fingers crossed) but until then, we are working on wearing our copy out!
on September 13, 2012
Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation(1992) was one of the best selling direct-to-video movies of 1992. The film got positive to mixed reviews from critics and some people thought it was simply a compilation of Tiny Toons episodes. The film is an underrated cult classic and it's still funny. The students at Acme Looniversity go on summer vacation and they deal with unpleasant road trips, hungry predators, serial killers, theme parks, self-centered movie stars, and more. The writers also poked fun of George Lucas' THX Sound System! Footage from How I Spent My Vacation was recycled on the Tiny Toons TV show(episodes 97-100) with a narrator giving us a recap. An abridged version of How I Spent My Vacation was shown on the Fox Network. Tiny Toons is the "Star Trek The Next Generation" of the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies world. Bugs Bunny is in the show, but more emphasis is put on Buster Bunny, Babs Bunny, Plucky Duck, and the rest. There were Tiny Toons video games for the Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and the Sega Genesis. Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose(1993) was one of the best.
This DVD is a decent package. There's video spots as extras. The video quality is a little fuzzy. I swear some prints of this movie are called "How I Spent My Summer Vacation"! How I Spent My Vacation is packed with sardonic, inspired, gross out humor. It hasn't lost its fun factor in the past two decades.
on April 7, 2013
Since this is my first review of anything relating to Tiny Toon Adventures, I figured I should give you my stance on the show in general. Back in the 90's, this was one of my absolute favorite cartoons out there, and like any Tiny Toons fan back in the day, this movie was a favorite of mine.

Before I start reviewing the movie, I should cover the fact that Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation is an anomaly in both movies based off TV shows and of direct-to-video movies. Movies based off TV shows tend to be inferior to their source material and direct-to-video movies generally aren't any good. However, How I Spent My Vacation is both superior to the TV show source material (which is decent, if a bit aged) and is a direct-to-video movie that's actually good. Now on to the review.

STORY

All the toons at Acme Looniversity are really happy when school lets out for the summer. Buster and Babs Bunny (Charlie Adler and Tress MacNeille, respectively) get into a giant squirt gun fight that results in them floating down a river, embarking on creepy adventures in the rural parts of the country. Plucky Duck goes with Hamton Pig (Joe Alaskey and Don Messick, respectively) and his family on a road trip to Happy World Land, and Plucky soon learns that riding with his family is one of the worst decisions he's ever made. Fifi La Fume (Kath Soucie) yearns to see her favorite movie star, Johnny Pew (Rob Paulsen), and does almost anything to see him and eventually to make him happy. Elmyra Duff (Cree Summer) goes to the zoo in search of a new "kitty witty" (as Elmyra would say), and Fowlmouth (Rob Paulsen) bugs Shirley the Loon (Gail Matthius) to go on a date with her to the movies.

CHARACTERS

The way the characters are portrayed in this movie perfectly matches their personalities on the show. The characters in this movie are done quite well, because aside from matching their original personas on the show, the characters themselves are interesting and enjoyable to watch. Plucky was probably the most humorous and to an extent, the most sympathetic of the characters, as you know he really wants to have as most fun at Happy World Land as possible, and you can easily feel the pain he suffers by being with Hamton's family, who unintentionally keep him miserable through a bunch of antics. Elmyra is probably the most hated character in the roster of Tiny Toons characters, and I can sorta see why when watching the show, but thankfully in the movie, she's not on the screen as much, is less obnoxious, and is actually pretty funny at times. Since Fifi didn't get as much time on the show compared to other characters, it was nice to see the movie give her more attention (and the humorous gags she's in). Last but not least, Buster and Babs were a joy to watch on this movie, since their back-and-fourth antics kept me chuckling throughout.

HUMOR

One of the weaker links to the original Tiny Toons TV show was the fact that there were a good deal of jokes and gags that jabbed at early 90's pop culture, which usually didn't age well. Thankfully, these types of jokes aren't as prominent in this movie, though there are a few gags that do show their age (such as Roseanne falling on Fifi as she's singing, and of Babs falling into the river and bumping into a bunch of characters parodying The Little Mermaid).

Like the classic Looney Tunes, most of the jokes and gags on this movie are more universal, and therefore, age much better. Some of my favorite jokes and gags are when Buster rescues Babs with a life saver, and she says "Who can think about candy at a time like this?," when Plucky gets drooled on by Hamton's Uncle Stinky and quickly gets disgusted when he sees where that "refreshing shower" came from, when Buster, Babs, and Bryon run into Eliot and ET in the moonlight, and when the psychotic hitchhiker loses his mind and tries to attack Plucky when Hamton's family drop him off.

APPEARANCE

The animation and artwork for this is really good. Thankfully, when Warner Bros. had this movie made, they got Tokyo Movie Shinsa (one of the outsourced animation studios that made TTA episodes) to animate this movie, since that studio's quality of animation and artwork was the best of the studios ordered to make TTA animations. It's also interesting to note that Tokyo Movie Shinsa was the same studio that animated Akira.

The art styles and color pallet perfectly match the TV show, and create a fun atmosphere that's perfect for this type of movie.

SOUNDTRACK

The soundtrack for this movie fits the style of movie really well, though I do admit that the background music could be a little more memorable.

THE DVD ITSELF

Tiny Toons fans have waited for many, many years for this movie to come out on DVD, and Warner Bros. honestly could have made a better DVD release for this. I wasn't expecting much in the way of bonus features, but they could have at least touched up the picture quality a little and made a better-looking DVD menu, as the picture quality is a bit grainy and the menu looks like something a 15-year old whipped up on DVD-burning software on his laptop in a hurry.

FINAL WORD

Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation is certainly a gem in early 90's animated films, and if you're a Tiny Toons fan, you owe it to yourself to get a copy of this movie ASAP.
on September 11, 2012
I have been waiting forever for this to finally come out on DVD. I had to resist the urge to just watch the readily available version online (that WB doesn't even seem to object to, as it has over a million views). When I finally got my DVD, I was disappointed by the ugly box art (they colored Babs' tooth red like they thought it was her lips or something), and they even spelled Hamton's name wrong on the back of the case multiple times (HamPton). But I figured I could overlook those things because I really just wanted to watch the movie. Well the movie looks like someone at WB bought a used VHS that some kid had watched 100s of times, and they made the DVD transfer with that. Seriously, it is significantly below VHS quality - very disappointing. I watched the online version afterwards, and it is much clearer. Still, I'm glad I bought it, because I want WB to know that there are still TTA fans out there and they need to release the rest of the series for us - maybe even with some bonus features and alternate retake footage that is missing from some of the season one episodes.
on January 26, 2014
I used to watch this movie every week as a kid. Growing up, I absolutely adored watching Buster and Babs float along some vaguely Mississippi-esque river and watching Plucky face everything under the sun for a chance to go to Happy World Land. My VHS copy long-since wore out and I don't have a VHS player anyway. I was always disappointed to see that this classic hadn't made the jump to DVD or digital yet.

And then, it did. And oh, was it glorious. Yeah, it still looks like a 90s cartoon. No, there aren't any special features. But you get to watch Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation. You get to hold your breath through the tunnel and dream about large-scale water gun fights. I'm holding on to this DVD so that I can hopefully watch it with my kids one day.

This is an endearing cartoon story with enough double entendre for the grown ups in the room and enough heart for the kids (even the grown up ones).
on April 21, 2014
This first feature-length film of the popular cartoon "Tiny Toon Adventures" should've warranted some time on the big screen. The film, subtitled "How I Spent My Vacation," chronicles several of the characters adventures during summer vacation, all with hilarious and unforgettable results. Buster and Babs Bunny find themselves inadvertently sailing down the river where they encounter a bunch of redneck alligators and a country bumpkin opossum. Plucky Duck thinks he's in for a treat when he's invited to go to a major theme park with Hampton Pig and his family but it turns out to be a cross-country trip from Hell as Hampton and his family become the most insufferable people imaginable. They make Chevy Chase's cross-country trip in "Vacation" feel like a stroll through a rose garden. Other characters get involved in hijinks too throughout, each with their own hilarious results. The film doesn't lack the punch, sarcasm and pop culture quips that the show offered, which makes it all the more enjoyable.
on June 22, 2016
It's perfect. Just what I remember watching when I was a kid. And that makes all the better while I share it with my kids since I get a little tired of cartoons now days. Things like this are a life saver since watching some of the shows that my kids watch make me want to beat my head. Also I've noticed that since they've watched this they seem to have more of interest in the world since they want to understand the old references. It's really rather neat.
on June 26, 2017
One of the best animated films out there that is also one of the best ensemble films you will ever be lucky enough to view. The DVD doesn't have much in terms of special features, but the animation still looks fantastic, and the jokes are still just as funny as there were over 20 years ago.
on March 21, 2017