Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on May 15, 2016
This watch checked all of the right boxes for me: sapphire crystal, detailed skeleton case back, nicely sized at ~39mm, unassuming design. The only drawback is the strap, which is quite stiff still after a week of daily wearing. It may soften up over time, but I will be replacing it with a NATO strap to dress down the style a little bit.

Accuracy is good, +2 minutes after a week. A screw down back would have been nice, as it would make it easier to remove the back and adjust. If I tried to get at it with a case knife, I'd end up scratching something, and its close enough to not worry about it.
on December 31, 2015
I first purchased a Tissot in the 1960’s while in Geneva. That was before Swatch acquired so many of the Swiss watch companies and Tissots were sold at Omega shops. Back then Tissot was to Omega what Tudor was, and is, to Rolex – a lower priced version from a Swiss manufacturer.
Both Omega and Tissot have succumbed to including quartz movements in some models. Nevertheless, they still offer automatic timepieces with that mechanical personality watch lovers gravitate toward.
I spotted this watch on a friend’s wrist several months ago and finally succumbed to buying one for myself through Amazon. After a month I am totally satisfied. When the watch is not on my wrist it is on a watchwinder, as are all my automatics. With that in mind, it keeps perfect time.
Other reviewers have noted that the hatching on the face is more noticeable than in the picture. That’s true. And since this watch is offered by other sellers on the internet, perhaps a potential buyer might surf around to get other images. Suffice it to say, to my eye this feature adds to the watch’s personality and in no way makes it resemble something cheap.
With the black band this watch is suitable for anything from black tie to casual daily wear. The case size is consistent with the newer styles – bigger than older models but not so large as to look like a sport watch.
There has been some criticism of the deployment clasp. To begin with, deployment clasps preserve the life of a leather band over a standard buckle that quickly abrades the finish. Nevertheless, if a buckle is what you want, the stainless steel clasp can be replaced with a buckle without even buying a new band, so long as you have access to a buckle from an old band. There are several kinds of deployment clasps. This one does not use a trigger/button to open which makes it a bit harder to open but also more secure on your wrist. Even a good pickpocket wouldn’t likely get this watch from you. The deployment clasp has two snap-in hinges, both of which need to be released to comfortably get the watch on or off your wrist.
This watch has an ETA caliber, which is a mid-range movement. It has a see-through, nicely tooled back. The components are visible and not highly polished, nor should you expect such in a watch that costs less than $2,000 – $3,000. The date complication is understated and for a watch of this style a cyclops is appropriately absent.
Overall, I think this wristwatch is a real bargain. It is Swiss made and has components you would expect in a mid-priced automatic. For those who don’t appreciate mechanical movements, Tissot makes a few similar quartz movement watches that resemble this one for a couple of hundred bucks less.
on June 7, 2017
Really a bad experience, I received the watch when still in NY and tried immediately seeing it apparently working fine. Then one week after I realize there is a plastic piece in the back of the watch with a barcode stamped, so I decided to retire this protective plastic. To my surprise there is no crystal on the caseback, so the inner mechanisms are totally opened and it is actually possible to touch the wheels and rotators. This exposes the pieces to dust and water and obviously to a possible damage. Now I am on travel outside the US, and returning the timepiece to the US will cost me more than US$100. This is something you don’t expect from an apparently quality brand. It is disappointing.
review image
on July 9, 2016
I think I'd rate it a 4 1/2. It's a beautiful watch. The detail on the face is just plain gorgeous. The box and books that come with it are a marketing genius but what I want is an impressive watch at a great price and I believe I found it. I sold a Rolex to further my watch collection and I love how the second hand mimics the Rolex.

I do NOT like the band. I'm a pretty smart individual but it took two YouTube videos and about thirty-five minutes to figure it out. Hey, Swiss, just make a simple band. More moving parts = more wear and tear.

Otherwise it's a beaut.
on January 6, 2017
This watch is a great addition to my watch collection. Very affordable automatic piece and very well made. Keeps great time (+6 seconds daily) and I think it will be closer to zero deviation once the movement settles. I have the Tissot Visodate, extremely happy with it, and it leads me to purchase this watch. The product arrived in a brand new condition, which even includes the watch in its factory plastic wrapping. It feels very comfortable on the wrist since the leather strap is flexible and very well made. Another great product from Tissot!
on September 4, 2016
My first mechanic watch. As a student, this watch fits me perfectly given limited budget. Keeps accurate time +5 second 24h. Very classic and elegant appearance; the 39 mm size matches you better than 42 mm if you are not a muscular guy. I actually don't like the buckle design that much, feels redundant. Absolutely recommend to everyone.
on June 14, 2017
Excellent watch. I love it very much! Great deal and I recommend more buyer purchase from this seller. Thank you!
on May 23, 2013
I am a watch enthusiest and over the years I have realized that "watch appeal" is very subjective. My father's 60th birthday was coming up and he's one of those hard to shop for people. After years of the obligatory shirt and tie gifts he's now got a closet full!

My mother said that he had mentioned wanting a nice, simple watch with a black leather band. Not much to go on and I'd never really seen him wear a watch in the past so I took to Amazon as if I was looking to buy a watch with these guidlines for myself.

Long story short, I ended up purchasing this watch for him. Upon opening it at his birthday party, he was ecstatic!

The box it comes in is amazing, packed full of compartments that hold different booklets and feels very sturdy. The watch itself is beautiful in it's simplistic face and the back of the watch is incredibly ornate, the deployment clasp is a very nice touch as well.

I am now considering this watch for myself except in a steel band instead of leather (just personal preference)
on January 26, 2016
This watch is absolutely beautiful. Bought it for my father as a gift, he loves it. The band is a little stiff, and isn't made of the best leather, but it loosens up with use.
on May 7, 2017
A Swiss automatic movement for less than $400. I have four watches and all are Tissot. My oldest Tissot is a Sea Star automatic purchased
in 1973 at Sheve & Company Jewelers in San Francisco. 44 years later it's still going strong. A watch of this quality at this price is always a
good deal.