Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 29, 2011
Great experience with Amazon and so far with the watch (have owned a week so far). Wanted to highlight a few things for potential buyers:

1) Watch Size - This watch is rather large and about 30%-40% thicker than say an Ironman. For those with smaller wrists, this may be an issue and given the size it makes titanium a must, in my opinion. Once on your wrist, the size becomes much less noticible than you would think from holding it in your hand, so really not a big deal. I really think the silicone band weighs more than the watch though.

2) Band Sizing - Ordered with the black rubber/silicone watch band, which I think looks great. In order to size the band, you are making a permanent decision because it involves cutting it with scissors. I made the mistake of cutting it exactly to size and now am worried I didn't leave enough wiggle room for if my wrist gets slightly bigger in the summer. What I noticed afterwards is that you should cut the band one length too long and then there are three connection options on the clasp (side with the top of the clasp) that you can use to tighten or loosen in size increments up to one section length. If you cut too small, there is no way to fix it. Looks like replacement straps are available through online dealers for about $90 without the clasp (not cheap, but not the end of the world).

3) Expert vs. Previous Version - expert is about 30% larger than the original, but has two major advantages - a backlight on the digital readout and is actually waterproof. If you are already going to spend over $525 on a watch, might as well spend another $70 to get these functions.

Amazon was great and everything else was as advertised. Mine did come with the correct instruction book where others stated included manual was for older version. Also, althought not covered by manufacturers warranty, Amazon does provide a 2 year warranty on this watch. I think the price differential makes it more than worth the risk. Enjoy.
on October 25, 2010
Tissot 1st popped up on my radar due to their involvement with motorcycle racing. After researching the brand, I bought my 1st Tissot about 3 yrs ago (the V8, still running strong). I love that watch for it's styling and quality.

Shortly after buying that watch, I learned about the T-touch. I will admit that I have liked this watch for many yrs before purchasing the T-Touch Expert III, so I may be a little bias.

This watch combines a masculine stylish watch with a ton of features that will bring the boy out in us all. The Titanium finish is beautiful and lightweight (only watch I have lighter is the Luminox 8802). The band is more comfortable than expected and easy to size.

Features
This is my humble opinion on all the features I have figured out/ used so far.

The Touch crystal is very cool. Mine has worked flawless for about 6 months so far.

The Compass worked well in a recent trip to Germany. I was concerned about going through an x-ray machine, thinking that may mess with the compass calibration, it did not. Works well, before and after the trip.

The Alarm works well, wakes me up every time.

The Barometer is pretty cool, simple and easy to use. One side-clear day, the other side- possible rain. Seems pretty accurate so far.

The Thermotermer seems to be spot on, of course your wrist will through off, but when off your wrist seems very accurate.

The Altimeter is interesting to use when hiking or driving to see how much your altitude varies.

Awesome watch- whether you are a watch nerd, outdoors men, tech geek, or looking for a rugged looking dress watch (titanium band if you want it to look dressy.

Amazon direct purchase does warranty the watch through Amazon, not directly through Tissot.
44 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 5, 2013
As a Pilot and a Tech Fan The Touch screen is an innovation that will be every pilots best friend. Compass, Altitude, Barometer, Timer, Temperature, Chrono & Alarms are a finger tap away. Plus the outer ring in degrees is a real plus when being told to turn to a degree by ATC in a busy cabin.
The only heads up is cutting the strap to fit your wrist. This is something that needs to be done one cut at a time instead of eyeball judgement. The clasp also can be used to adjust the size because it has three adjustment holes. The rubber band can cost as much $100.00 to replace if over cut! In addition the watch isn't one of those huge size monsters that bang into everything.
If you decide to pull the trigger on this watch you won't be disappointed!
on March 29, 2017
Initial reaction was this is too large and I'd have to send it back. Had wanted one for a number of years cause it just sounded cool. After fooling around with it for awhile it is not too large and it is very cool. Plus it was a real deal, so i will be hanging on to it. Wrist band is kinda weird to size - measure twice ..... Will probably looking for another before long.
on October 30, 2011
I bought this watch with mountaineering in mind, but also to be used in a daily office basis. It has fulfilled my expectations.

It has a very nice frame, and you can use it with a suit and a tie. It's a big watch but not bigger than others of its class, and its very light. Im a small person (167cm) with thin wrists, and it certainly looks big on my arm, but not dispropotionate.
The functions work perfectly fine (compared the results in a mountain trip with the readings of my friends suuntos and casios, and they were almost the same).
Take in mind that ALL watches must be calibrated from time to time, and that altimeter functions are based on barometric measures, then dont expect accurate readings from ANY product if the weather is weird.
One of the charms of this watch its that its mainly "analog" (it has hands, and a small display). It makes it one of the better looking of its class, but also don't expect fancy things like lengthy logs that you can browse later in your computer or anything like that.

For all the good things in this watch, I have one complain:

1) You can't operate it with gloves, muddy hands or just wet hands.

Finally, the amazon's price is great. In my local store it's the double.
on July 10, 2011
I have always been a watch admirer. When I saw the watch my first thought was what a great idea to get all these functions in a touch face. Kind of like the new computer tablets. All this has been true as advertised. I have owned the watch for about a month now & the leading benefit I can say without question is it's accuracy! I have a Breitling watch that costs twice as much and isn't near as accurate. The next best feature is the touch face. It is really cool to get all the info so easily.The only negative I can give is that it is not easy to recalibrate the altimeter and compass functions. The manual is on line in both pdf form & video. Trust me it is still not easy to understand. That said I still give the watch 5 stars!!
on July 18, 2017
goooodd
on October 26, 2017
This is one of the hardest watches ive every had to operate. I figured that being touch sreen it would be ok, but its just a pain. id trade it for an analog in a heartbeat!
on March 4, 2017
Was leary because of the price, but have had the watch for a couple of months now. It's an every day watch and all the functions work as normal. Very happy with the purchase.
review image
on April 6, 2011
WOW! The functionality of this product is fantastic. I love all the features it has and really will not go into details of each since you really should not be getting all the details from reviews. My gripes are with the altimeter feature. It just did not seem to be accurate when compared to the pro devices. I tested it while skydiving and it failed miserably. Still I would not have put all my faith on this device doing that type of activity anyway but it was a slight let down. I did not realize how convenient a perpetual calendar was till we got to the end of Feb and I had to do nothing on the watch to have the accurate day. Not just the end of Feb, the end of each month really. My only gripe is the titanium on this (which is widely reported all over the web and reviews here on Amazon) scratches too easily. When you spend this much on a watch you really want it looking pristine for as long as possible and I have babied it as it deserves. I will have to go to a mall and see how much more the steel version weighs in person to see what I missed out on cause the titanium version sure is light. All in all it would have gotten 5 stars if the metal did not scratch which is no fault of the Tissot itself. Oh yeah, it does get more comments than I anticipated.