Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Titanic
Format: DVD|Change

on March 9, 2017
Far from great, but not awful. The familiar big story told through smaller, more personal ones.

Production values were high, but the camera did not dwell up on the large picture.

Some in comments mention the the annoying repeats shown from previous episodes. Actually these were not "repeats" -- but a covering of previously shown events form a different perspective. Quite clever story telling IMO. But perhaps they worked better when the episodes were seen on different nights -- not one following the other as I, and I expect many others did, when viewing these discs.

Overall I was glad to see this. No truly "new" ground covered, but the Titanic disaster still makes for powerful drama.
on January 19, 2017
I don't know why everyone disliked this series. It has no more characters than a Dickens novel, and it tells the story of a lot of the famous people on board. It covered a lot of small details, which I really appreciated. Attention to class snobbery, costume, White Star Line standards, definitely a good watch for a Titanic fan!
on April 27, 2017
I have many books, videos on the Titanic disaster. I found this to be almost as good as James Cameron's film. I think the dialogue was better written. The special effects were good, too, but the personal stories throughout this series made it worth watching. Well done.
on May 15, 2015
I personally think this edition is better than the one with leo dicaprio. I didn't like that one because of the sappy love story took over the whole movie. I like to just see the people as many rather than just two. this is a good movie for a television based movie. its very good.
on August 27, 2016
Bought this to fill the time between Downton Abbey episodes. It's no masterpiece, but it's definitely good! I found myself drawn in and engaged. Very interesting melodrama.
on December 7, 2017
got the wrong one. The front of the box makes it look like the newest titanic, and I bought the wrong one.
on March 3, 2016
Great show but the flash backs at the start of each episode made it difficult to keep up. For me it wasn't that much of a stretch to go back and forth since I knew the history of the disaster but for someone watching it for the first time and not knowing the history it would be hard to follow.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 23, 2014
I can really tell that this was written by the same mind behind Downton Abbey (which I love). The only complaint I had is that the story jumps all over the place.
on September 4, 2017
Wanted it for my Titanic collection.
on June 25, 2017
Good product and fast delivery