Other Sellers on Amazon
Titanium Smart Fast 16 Bay Ni-MH AA/AAA Battery Charger AC 100-240V + DC Adapters MD-1600L
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Genius Battery Protection -beyond smart charging:
- Negative Delta V (-∆V) Voltage Charge Termination
- Fail Safe Timer & Thermal Protection Charge Termination
- Short Circuit & Input Voltage Detection/Protection
- Reverse Polarity, Alkaline Battery & Defective Battery Detection/Protection
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Titanium MD-1600L Ni-MH AA/AAA Smart Fast Battery Charger:
The Titanium MD-1600L is the ultimate battery charging station. Now you can charge sixteen Ni-MH AA or AAA batteries at the same time!
This elegant charger has a clean design and though it charges 16 batteries, it is still compact enough to thrown in your suitcase or bag when
Integrated USB ports help unclutter your digital life; now you can plug in your portable MP3 players, phones, iPods and iPhones into the charger's
USB ports. Charge on the go using the include 12V car plug adapter.
State of the Art Features:
Backlit LCD indicates charge level Integrated Battery Conditioning; discharge and charges your batteries at the press of a button restoring your
batteries to their optimal condition and eliminating any memory effect. Micro Pulse Charging ensures the fastest, coolest and most efficient possible
charge enhancing battery life.
Sixteen Independent Charge Channels:
The MD-1600L is a sixteen channel charger, so each bay has a circuit dedicated to monitoring the battery it charges. The smart circuitry will detect
when the battery is charged and automatically switches to a trickle charge. This intelligence keeps your batteries from getting overheated while
charging, which maximizes the life of your cells. This also allows you to charge a mixture of batteries at the same time, from AAs to AAAs, all of which
can have a different charge state.
LCD Charge Status Display:
Have you ever used a charger that had LEDs to indicate the charge status? If so, then you know how frustrating it can be figuring out what it means
when the light is solid, blinking, red, or green. The MD-1600L has easy to-read LCD screens with indigo backlights that show you a battery icon for
each cell. Each channel is represented by its own battery icon made up 4 "bars" that indicate charge percentage (25/50/75/100%).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I like that this one holds 16 batteries, double any other competitor. It does have a solid feel and is not even as wide as a standard 14" laptop. It discharges and charges exceptionally well as I have seen an improvement in some of my older batteries that were on their way to the trash (even with the Maha charger). I have charged/discharged 2000 mAh Eneloops, 1800 mAh Energizers, 2000 and 2450 mAh Duracells and 2700 mAh PowerEx with no issues. I like the display as I feel it is informative. If you are looking for an ultra fast charger, this isn't it. It uses pulse charging so the batteries never get hot. The current in is a nice DC 2.1A that supplies 400mA for AA and 180mA for the AAA. I included charging times from the manual. I first saw this on Battery Junction, but no reviews. After getting this MD-1600L Smart charger and liking it considerably, I will not be so hesitant about ordering another or the M-8800 Titanium 8 Cell smart charger. Hopefully I can find that here at Battery Junction, but if not I will go to their site directly. Hope this review helps those who were hesitant like I was.
Capacity Type Ni-Mh 1-16 Cells
850 mAh AAA Approximately 4.7 Hours
1000 mAh AAA Approximately 5.6 Hours
2000 mAh AA Approximately 5 Hours
2500 mAh AA Approximately 6.3 Hours
2700 mAh AA Approximately 6.8 Hours
I ordered it, put 16 NiMH batteries in it and started them charging. Within a few minutes the device smelled really hot, like melting plastic, inside. While it did charge the batteries, one of the 4 displays overheated and spilled a sort of black ink all over the outside of the case and my batteries.
I figured it was just a defective unit, so I returned it and bought a second one. This one overheated also, not to the point of the display burning out but one of the 4 displays was hot and was turning dark so I shut it off.
I would love to have a charger just like this, but now I have had two of these units fail within the first 2 days of use.
Update: I tried a third unit, and it has worked great and is reliable. Upgrading from 1 star.
Again, I can only speak for charging eneloop XX batteries (I use the for professional photography), but this charger does the job great. I agree that the display could be a tiny bit better, but as far as I'm concerned, for the price, capacity (16 batteries) and efficient design, it is well deserving of 5 stars. Especially, when comparing it to other chargers on the market.
- This charger is for Ni-MH batteries ONLY.
- When charging, one bar on the battery icon blinks to show it is going up to the next level (or down if you are discharging), but when fully charged, the full battery icon is displayed *without* any blinking (so it is obvious when your battery is done charging).
- The instructions say it will take about 4.7 hours to fully charge an 850 mAh AAA battery and 6.8 hours to charge a 2700 mAh AA battery. However, the charging times were either much faster than this or it sometimes takes a bit of time for the unit to register the actual level of charge in the batteries. I think the latter explanation is more likely because I ordered three packages of brand new eneloop batteries that were all supposed to be pre-charged. When I put them in the charger, they registered only on the bottom bar for the first few minutes (<25% charge), but within 20 minutes they were all the way to the top bar (>75% charge). I also charged some older Energizer rechargeable Ni-MH batteries; two just kept blinking the 'full battery' signal (which indicates the battery is either bad or old), so I went ahead and threw them out (they hadn't been holding a charge very long when I had been using them anyway). The others charged quickly and got warmer than the eneloops (though never too hot to touch), and the charger seemed to identify the charge level of the Energizers more quickly than the eneloops. None of the batteries took more than an hour to show a full charge, including the Energizers I already knew were mostly depleted prior to charging.
Again, I love this charger. It is so easy to read, it detected my significantly weakened/old batteries as defective, it charged each battery independently (no need for 'pairs' to be put in the charger for it to work), it looks great, and it seems pretty much fool proof.
Most recent customer reviews
After the first use, one of the chargers 4 LCD's began to light up constantly while the others were...Read more