Titleist AVX Golf Balls (One Dozen)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Remarkable Distance and Penetrating Flight
- Very Low Long Game and Iron Spin
- Exceptionally Soft Feel
- Premium Scoring Control
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Compare with similar items
Titleist Pro V1x Golf Balls ( One Dozen )
Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls
Callaway Golf Supersoft Golf Balls
Titleist Velocity Golf Balls
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||7.48 x 5.04 x 1.97 inches||7.50 x 2.00 x 5.50 inches||16.50 x 15.00 x 8.50 inches||7.87 x 7.87 x 3.94 inches||16.50 x 15.00 x 8.50 inches|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
She played in a Major Junior Golf Championship yesterday against boys and girls, and she shot her best score of 7 under par in one round. She shot 2 eagles and 3 Birdies. She said that since she was using shorter clubs to get the same spin and distance as her Prov1, she was able to get the ball closer to the Pin on her approach shots, leading to several one-putts. On some shots, she used the same club but since it goes further, she just swung it with more control and let it roll a little more to get up the tiered greens.
1. Softer feel on the course- You can really hear and feel the difference. The Prov1 has a distinct click when you hit it, this one has the sound similar to hitting a Callaway Supersoft. It is very quiet off the face.
2. Softer feel from the putter - It is very similar to the Prov1 off the putter face in terms of control, but there is a slight reduction of force at impact. She loves how it feels from the putter but just as good as the Prov1.
3. Lower spin across all clubs - On the Skytrak, we could see a dramatic reduction of her Drive backspin. Since she is playing with the Ladies Ping G LE driver which is supposed to be high launching with slightly more spin, the Prov1 can spin an average of 3800 RPM. With the AVX, her driver backspin average is now 2700 RPM. Sometimes it goes down to 2100, but the Average is 2700 RPM.
4. Lower Launch Angle - Her driver launch angle would go from 15-18 degrees with the Prov1. With the AVX it now launches at her ideal launch angle of 12-13 degrees. Giving her about 28 yards more on the average on the Skytrak. The amount of reduction of the launch angle goes down as the clubs get shorter. so you won't notice any difference at all when you get to the wedges.
5. Greater distance - So we are noticing a 10% increase in distance with her driver, but as I said, it goes down as the clubs get shorter. So for example When she hits a 6 iron with her Prov1, it will have the same distance and amount of backspin if she hits the AVX with her 7 iron. So now, she can use her shorter, more accurate clubs to get the same distance and spin as the longer club. People are worried about their irons when buying the AVX because it has less spin than the Prov1. But what they did not consider is that you can use a shorter more accurate club to get the same distance and spin like what she notices on the course and on the Skytrak Simulator.
6. Beautiful in yellow - We both loves how it looks in yellow. Finally, they came out with a yellow premium ball. It is easier to see the ball in flight.
1. NOT FOR slow swing speeds - I swing my driver 80 mph on a good day. I do not launch it high enough or spin it enough to keep the ball in the air. I lost about 15 yards from my average drive. I will stick to the Prov1. My daughter can have the AVX.
I think these balls are meant to be used by players with higher swing speeds, more of you have a very high launch angle and spin. This will give you a penetrating drive if that is your goal. This is the ideal ball for people with High swing speeds that want to lower their launch angle a little and bring down their backspin. This will give them more distance and less spin. This will allow them to use a shorter, more accurate club to get the same distance as the longer club. Her 2 Eagles and 3 birdies are a testament to the improvement in her game.
I purchased for a trip to Ireland/Scotland to reduce ball hight in the wind. I couldn't notice any discernible reduction in the height of my shots. That being said I did hit them straight and my putting was very solid on quick greens.
A bit overpriced at $50 a dozen. Will probably stick to velocity and prior gen NXT Tour for the time being but all in all a quality golf ball.
Now my go to ball.
I'm 63, 24 handicap, and an 85mph swing speed for reference. (Handicap is coming down btw :-) )