Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tivax MiTraveler 7D8C 7-Inch 8 GB Tablet (Black)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on December 10, 2013
This is a nice size Tablet, review is for 8" in case Amazon lumps them together. It is my second Tablet (I have a first gen Kindle Fire) but I am also an IT professional with a background of PC repair and networking, so

Picture: (10/10) Nice resolution and color is excellent. Watched videos from Netflix and added my favorite android games I was using on my phone. They looked great. Added the Kindle app also.

Sound: (8/10) Most tablets are not known for their speaker output and this is similar to the Kindle first generation sound. Also it only has one speaker so if you want that stereo sound, use the headphones. The ones I have sounded excellent.

Book/Reading: (9/10) The Kindle fire app does the job and the pages look great. Would rate this about where the Kindle fire looks but not the book reading Kindle. Still a great job and no problems here. Same as other tablets for reading in bright sunlight, not very well

Web Browsing: (9/10) This one has flash capabilities and uses Opera and Google Chrome. Some issues with clicking on small print and where you click is not always what you get. I have not seen where you can calibrate this but I would give my Kindle Fire an 8.

App Availability: (8/10) So far I cannot seem to get my Amazon app store and Android has fewer apps than the IPad, but there are plenty to choose from and seem to be more free apps than the IPhone/IPad.

Look/Feel: (10/10) Light, thin, sleek. What you would expect from a high end tablet

The accessories are the power charger, a usb connector which does a trickle charge, and a mini to usb port adapter to connect a usb memory stick or external hard drive.

Overall: (54/60).

Note: Getting some errors with updating and error with google apps out of the box. Hopefully their support will help with these issues. Lots of potential in this tablet.
66 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2014
I bought this for a friend who wanted a tablet below $200. When it arrived I had it for 2 days to download the apps he wanted and test it out.
I have Samsung Tab 2, but this one here is very fast and easy to use. The screen is very good HD. The battery lasted a while and the wifi seemed fast with my internet.

The only BAD THING if there is one, I went to the Google Play store and went download a number of apps and had a big list waiting to download. I left it on and went out thinking when I came back it would be finished but I came home 2 hours later and it had not downloaded anything while I was gone. It seemed like when it turned the screen off and locked it's self it stopped downloading everything. Very weird.

But for a cheap tablet to use for going on the internet and play games and music etc then this is great. If you want a high tech tablet to do more and use for work then go for the Samsung tablets. - Hope this helps anyone thinking of buying this.
on January 8, 2014
I purchased this item for only $99 on Prime, looking for a tablet for use in college. I saw the Ipad Mini in Best Buy, and I loved the form factor,but I didn't want to spend $300. However, I am very familiar with the Android System (Droid Razr Maxx phone) and wanted a "pure Android" device. So this tablet seemed to have what I was looking for: Sleek Style, An updated (& stable) version of Android, and an awesome price.

CASE: B00CF1ITJ6
(Fits perfectly! This device matches the Archos 80, so those cases work)

PROS:
Display-True HD, can't really be seen on the home screen or app drawer, but more in movies, youtube, and browsing
Design- Ipad Mini, simply beautiful
System- Android 4.2 with Google Play. Every App I have tested works well.
Battery- Lasts maybe 4 hours with constant use, great standby time (days with no use)
Bluetooth- Can be used with a bluetooth speaker or keyboard

CONS:
Security Lock- Missing from the settings menu, however it can be set! Using an app called QuickShortCutMaker (Settings/ Unlock Selection)
I noticed a slight lag while downloading many apps, and running another app.

Suggestions:
Go to settings, then developer options and
-Force GPU rendering-Check mark
-Window Animation Scale- Animation off
-Transition Animation Scale-Animation off

For school:
I convert powerpoint presentations to PDF Files (using an app) and then open using Adobe Reader. Then I can write and take notes on powerpoint

Overall, this tablet is excellent! Even better if you are familiar with the Android System, I suggest watching Youtube videos on Android 4.2. I can do everything on this tablet.
on February 24, 2014
The visible screws holding this tablet together give it a cheap look but unfortunately that is only part of the problem. The screen had a spot that would do the wave when holding the device. I sent it back for replacement and the next tablet had the exact same issue. It just doesn't feel good in the hand, not ergonomic. Do not buy
on December 30, 2013
I bought this at Office Max and the sd card slot was broke so I contacted the company and they just said I'm not doing it write.
If they look at it they have to charge me. Office max was told about the problem and let me return it.
on July 29, 2014
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative for something like an iPad mini.. look elsewhere. If you want a small tablet for reading apps, a few games and even email and Facebook etc.. this is a good choice. My only real beef about it is that while it states that you can add a micro-sd card, you cannot actually install anything to run from it.. I have yet to figure out what the real use of it is at this point, so that was a big disappointment for me. The internal storage isn't that huge, so if you are someone who HAS to keep everything on your tablet all the time instead of deleting something for awhile to make room for something else, you will be disappointed in this. When I finish books, I delete them. I also delete games I haven't played in awhile to make room for other games I like better. This tablet has served the purpose for which I purchased it., which was mainly for reading.
on January 28, 2014
When I opened this I thought "Wow, what a nicely built tablet." It looks great, feels great.
I purchased as a Christmas gift for my son. I had started to preload it with some fun games.
After 15 minutes the screen just died. White line right across the screen and it wouldn't go
away. I have to say Amazon was awesome about taking it back. They sent a return label
immediately and credited me for the full purchase as soon as the item was picked up.
A very smooth buying experience. Too bad it didn't pan out.
on February 3, 2014
We purchased this tablet and had to promptly return because the screen became distorted. We replaced it for a new one, which seemed to be working fine. But within a few days, it would not turn on at all. This tablet promises but fails to deliver.
on July 20, 2014
Pure garbage. Save your money, time and sanity. My mom bought this brand new thinking she was getting iPad quality at a discount; boy was she mistaken. Apps are constantly freezing, so forget about playing Words or be prepared to wait and wait and wait for your Twitter to load. Streaming audio is virtually impossible unless you're about a foot away from your router and I never ever did get any video to stream. Web pages take forever to load - if they load at all. I don't understand it; our phones, computers and Samsung tablet do not have these problems. About the only operations this piece of junk can handle are playing movies, audio, or photo slideshows that have been loaded onto your memory stick... and who needs that? I'm so disappointed in this but mostly I'm upset that my non-techie mother -who couldn't have known any better- threw away hard-earned money on this stupid thing. The manufacturer should be ashamed to put out such a terrible product.
on December 4, 2013
This is nice product, looks like an iPad mini. It responds pretty fast.
I called the support hotline for video/picture format issues. The lady was pretty nice and professional and she knows the product very well.

I got a protective case in the local store and bring the tablet with me wherever I go.