Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 9, 2012
At the same time that Dr. Mary Neal was drowning in a river in Chile, her husband, Bill, appeared to me in a dream. Bill is an old friend of mine from high school. We had shared many adventures and confidences over the years, but neither he nor any other friend had ever stared at me in a dream and woke me up. I shook it off at the time, only to learn a few days or weeks later why I had seen him.

The story of her experiences from the drowning, through the repeated revivals and her ultimate survival are the events upon which this book is anchored. But the meat and meaning of it are in the unfolding of her life as guided and protected by her God. I'm obviously no disinterested party. Skeptics can be reassured by my report that if it came from Mary's pen, it will be the truth and the whole truth. I doubt, however, that her or anyone's personal account can penetrate fully into the modern psyche. That is, into those who think that they need proof of what we call God. As an account of a brush with the Hereafter, here have been many others similar to it, and they're well enough known to be used as shorthand in bad films.

What Mary and those like her have experienced are gifts from somewhere, given not just to them. She gives it back to us disguised as a simple offering. She doesn't baffle the reader with melodrama, hyperbole, fantasy, or excessive adjectives. She tells her story in a concise & detailed way, with a voice of eloquent and unadorned sincerity. In this way, it's easy to read and difficult to put down, vividly descriptive and completely convincing, humbling and inspiring.

Fortunately for us, she kept waking up in the middle of the night until she couldn't keep from writing it down for us. The reason to read this remarkable account is witness, which is one of the few ways that we have left to hack a little hole in our jungle of unbelief.
5150+ comments| 1,104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2017
I enjoyed reading about someone who has actually experienced at least a little bit of heaven. Reading stories of near-death experiences always gives my faith walk a boost. I’m thankful she shared this faith booster with us. Can’t wait to meet Willie.
on February 21, 2015
I very much enjoyed the approach the author gave to her NDE and visit to heaven focusing on the wisdom imparted to her. If was very different from other books that were more descriptive of heaven. Although her experience was unique to her it was very believable and inspiring to again check the scriptures and see if it rang true. It made me rethink some things I believe and clarify some that were obscure.
I gave 4 stars as I wanted to know more of what insights were given to her.
A great t read as it kept me glued to the book until I had to put t it down until the next day.
on December 7, 2014
I was disappointed. It seemed simply an autobiography of her religious convictions and how they ruled her life. She claimed there was a change but since she was already so virtuous it was difficult to determine exactly how. I read the entire book nevertheless. She had an angel tell her the future when she was recovering from her near death experience. It seemed a time when she was hullucinating from confusion after injury mixed with medication. I'm not even a critic of near death experiences. But this didn't seem to be a story of one except for a brief reference to a vague dream.
on October 19, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It was such a well-written real story that I felt as if I were there. The details given could not have been made up and certainly coincide with other's experience as well as my own. I had no trouble believing your account. Thank you for sharing.
on July 21, 2014
When purchasing this book i had hoped for a description of a near death experience. Instead i got about 1% near death experience and 99% life story which isnt a bad thing in general only marketed completly wrong.
on October 16, 2017
This book was an easy and great read. I not of this doctor's faith, but I still feel this book to be well written, organized and kept my interest. Wonderful book on her life's journey. Looking forward to reading the follow up book next.
on June 26, 2017
I knew of the author. She gives a believable and laudible recollection of her experience.
I read it a few yrs ago but bought it for my daughter when we discussed this topic. She loved it
on October 15, 2017
I found this book to be full of hope. Dr. Neal did a wonderful job of relating her experience. Her Faith was never ending. I loved her book.
on March 2, 2013
I had read "Proof of Heaven" by Dr. Eben Alexander first and came away feeling a bit "sterile". Mary Neal's book,however, was the total opposite. Perhaps it was because Mary already was strong in her faith in our Lord. She didn't need to use "medical speak" to get her point across or speak to the rest us as though we were idiots. As I read Mary's book it felt as if she and I were having a cup of coffee and she was telling me this incredible story, even to the point of "jumping" around a little as we all do when we talk to a friend. Even though I originally bought this book for my Kindle Fire, I am going to buy the hard copy in order to share it with others. God Bless You Mary, and thanks for sharing your experience. I know a lot of my questions have been answered.