Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 29, 2017
At first, I was having a real hard time with this book, especially after reading several other books on near death experiences. It's a bit of a slog through the first half. She spent a lot of time talking about her family, her job, and her experiences as a Christian. It wasn't until she finally talked about her near death in South America, that things got interesting. There isn't a lot of memory for her concerning her visitation to heaven...but there is a lot about what this visit did to change her life. Dr. Neal talks about her continuing talks with either an angel or God about why things happened, and what she should do. She apparently was comforted when her own son passed away after her own accident.

This book really doesn't spend a lot of time with information about heaven, if that's what you are looking for. But if you want a book that adds to your own understanding about our relationship with God, this book is a good read. She writes well, and the last half of the book made it worth it for me. One takeaway from this book, is our Heavenly Father is very aware of us as individuals, and that He cares about us. I think right now with everything that is happening in the world people need to understand this...but you need to make the first step.
on February 9, 2012
At the same time that Dr. Mary Neal was drowning in a river in Chile, her husband, Bill, appeared to me in a dream. Bill is an old friend of mine from high school. We had shared many adventures and confidences over the years, but neither he nor any other friend had ever stared at me in a dream and woke me up. I shook it off at the time, only to learn a few days or weeks later why I had seen him.

The story of her experiences from the drowning, through the repeated revivals and her ultimate survival are the events upon which this book is anchored. But the meat and meaning of it are in the unfolding of her life as guided and protected by her God. I'm obviously no disinterested party. Skeptics can be reassured by my report that if it came from Mary's pen, it will be the truth and the whole truth. I doubt, however, that her or anyone's personal account can penetrate fully into the modern psyche. That is, into those who think that they need proof of what we call God. As an account of a brush with the Hereafter, here have been many others similar to it, and they're well enough known to be used as shorthand in bad films.

What Mary and those like her have experienced are gifts from somewhere, given not just to them. She gives it back to us disguised as a simple offering. She doesn't baffle the reader with melodrama, hyperbole, fantasy, or excessive adjectives. She tells her story in a concise & detailed way, with a voice of eloquent and unadorned sincerity. In this way, it's easy to read and difficult to put down, vividly descriptive and completely convincing, humbling and inspiring.

Fortunately for us, she kept waking up in the middle of the night until she couldn't keep from writing it down for us. The reason to read this remarkable account is witness, which is one of the few ways that we have left to hack a little hole in our jungle of unbelief.
5150+ comments| 1,111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 16, 2017
I have read many NDE book, this is one of the best I have read. It changed my view and fear about death, I am Christian and always believe there is eternal life after life on earth, but ready a fellow humankind to describe it from an earthly perspective give me so much comfort that even the during the moment of transition from the mortal to the spiritual being has nothing to be anxious about.
on November 2, 2017
I like the way she writes. I believe in God but have a hard time defending my faith in objective ways. Others don't believe that I can know without seeing. Dr. Neal says to look at major events in your life and detail the "coincidences that just happened" that brought that event to life. After that happens over and over and over, you can see God's hand in your life and have faith.
on December 10, 2017
This was an amazing book. I couldn’t stop reading until it was finished. You can feel God’s Love as you read. I’d highly recommend it.
on October 26, 2017
This book is a must for anyone ... spiritual or not. It surpassed my expectations and will forever change my own journey of faith.
on October 15, 2017
Found Dr. Mark's book very interesting and informative. Look forward to reading her next book "The Seven Lessons Learned in Heaven."
on December 1, 2016
I have been reading afterlife books for over 20 years. This is one of the worst books I have read on this topic. If you are expecting a glimpse of the afterlife, you will be sadly disappointed. The title is horribly misleading. To Heaven and Back? A normal person would assume this book would reveal a few secrets of Heaven. Not so. The author claimed to visit Heaven and the angels say, it's not your time. Then she goes back. That's IT! Then she writes a book on her ‘experience.’ What experience?

That would be like flying to Africa, landing, and taking the next flight home 30 minutes later. Then writing a book entitled, ’My Journey to Africa.’ That's basically what this author did. Highly fraudulent.

The book is horribly boring. It's mostly Bible Filler. Another reviewer said the same thing -- ‘too much filler.’ Another wrote, ‘Little to do with Heaven.’ Another said, she wrote ‘almost nothing about Heaven.’ Another said -- ‘The author promised much, delivered little.’

If you really want a glimpse of Heaven, there are far better books out there. Start with Betty Eadie's book, ‘Embraced by the Light.’ A masterpiece. Then read George Ritchie's book ‘Return from Tomorrow.’ It's an eternal classic. I read this once a year, and I am on the edge of my seat each time. Then read, Dannion Brinkley's book, ‘Saved by the Light.’ Brinkley has three books. They are all great!. I love that guy.

Then read, ‘The Soul's Remembrance’ by Roy Mills. Not many know about this book. A spiritual masterpiece. Roy writes about the Prayer Room in Heaven -- where ALL prayers are heard and evaluated. This is the only book I know of that discusses the Prayer Room. One other great book is ‘I Saw Heaven.’ by Arthur E. Yensen. This book is all heart and soul. It's about his spiritual experience that happened in 1932. As Arthur wrote, ‘Heaven is the Real Life -- and worry is the most foolish thing you can do! Don't worry about what happens to you while on earth, but concentrate on how you live and develop spiritually.’ The book is an eternal treasure. Hard to find.

You read these books, and you will get a great idea of what Heaven is like. God bless you.
66 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 18, 2017
This book was well written and inspirational with hope in the midst of tragedy.
on December 18, 2017
Was dissatisfied. Comparatively, Dr. Parif's book re: NDE is much better.