BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 9, 2012
At the same time that Dr. Mary Neal was drowning in a river in Chile, her husband, Bill, appeared to me in a dream. Bill is an old friend of mine from high school. We had shared many adventures and confidences over the years, but neither he nor any other friend had ever stared at me in a dream and woke me up. I shook it off at the time, only to learn a few days or weeks later why I had seen him.

The story of her experiences from the drowning, through the repeated revivals and her ultimate survival are the events upon which this book is anchored. But the meat and meaning of it are in the unfolding of her life as guided and protected by her God. I'm obviously no disinterested party. Skeptics can be reassured by my report that if it came from Mary's pen, it will be the truth and the whole truth. I doubt, however, that her or anyone's personal account can penetrate fully into the modern psyche. That is, into those who think that they need proof of what we call God. As an account of a brush with the Hereafter, here have been many others similar to it, and they're well enough known to be used as shorthand in bad films.

What Mary and those like her have experienced are gifts from somewhere, given not just to them. She gives it back to us disguised as a simple offering. She doesn't baffle the reader with melodrama, hyperbole, fantasy, or excessive adjectives. She tells her story in a concise & detailed way, with a voice of eloquent and unadorned sincerity. In this way, it's easy to read and difficult to put down, vividly descriptive and completely convincing, humbling and inspiring.

Fortunately for us, she kept waking up in the middle of the night until she couldn't keep from writing it down for us. The reason to read this remarkable account is witness, which is one of the few ways that we have left to hack a little hole in our jungle of unbelief.
5150+ comments| 1,101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2017
Dr. Mary Neal has lived a seemingly good life. That is until the day she died and then came back. The fact that she is alive is nothing short of a miracle. In her book she talks about the experience and of her conversations with an angel and what God expects of her as a Christian. The book is inspirational and I’m glad I read it. It gives me insight into God’s love for all of us.
on October 16, 2017
This book was an easy and great read. I not of this doctor's faith, but I still feel this book to be well written, organized and kept my interest. Wonderful book on her life's journey. Looking forward to reading the follow up book next.
on October 15, 2017
I found this book to be full of hope. Dr. Neal did a wonderful job of relating her experience. Her Faith was never ending. I loved her book.
on October 14, 2017
As I read this book, I felt an awareness come to me that my doubts about God and my loss of my 17 yr old grandson have a purpose. Also a comfort that he is truly is happy now.
on October 15, 2017
Found Dr. Mark's book very interesting and informative. Look forward to reading her next book "The Seven Lessons Learned in Heaven."
on October 13, 2017
Reading this account will touch you with the ways God has shown up in your life all along. We are so loved.
on August 30, 2012
I have to admit, that I really wanted to get to the part of the book where she experienced Heaven, so I read ahead, but then realized that it's probably best to start from the beginning.

Although, as some other reviewers have noted, that most of the book is about her other life experiences it also details other struggles, tragedies and potential life threatening situations where God had a hand in helping her. As for the leftist political affiliations, I just ignore that part and if she honestly only wrote about her Heaven experience and visits with angels (or as she felt, Jesus) then it wouldn't be long enough for a book (in my opinion). And maybe some of it was added to honor her son.

I personally will always find it amazing how when some people are faced with tragedy, then can still walk away feeling that there is a God who is watching over them and it's all just part of a greater plan.
on May 31, 2017
very interesting and great story
on October 15, 2017
Lame book and movie that could of been done much better.