Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,093 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,501 reviews
on February 9, 2012
At the same time that Dr. Mary Neal was drowning in a river in Chile, her husband, Bill, appeared to me in a dream. Bill is an old friend of mine from high school. We had shared many adventures and confidences over the years, but neither he nor any other friend had ever stared at me in a dream and woke me up. I shook it off at the time, only to learn a few days or weeks later why I had seen him.

The story of her experiences from the drowning, through the repeated revivals and her ultimate survival are the events upon which this book is anchored. But the meat and meaning of it are in the unfolding of her life as guided and protected by her God. I'm obviously no disinterested party. Skeptics can be reassured by my report that if it came from Mary's pen, it will be the truth and the whole truth. I doubt, however, that her or anyone's personal account can penetrate fully into the modern psyche. That is, into those who think that they need proof of what we call God. As an account of a brush with the Hereafter, here have been many others similar to it, and they're well enough known to be used as shorthand in bad films.

What Mary and those like her have experienced are gifts from somewhere, given not just to them. She gives it back to us disguised as a simple offering. She doesn't baffle the reader with melodrama, hyperbole, fantasy, or excessive adjectives. She tells her story in a concise & detailed way, with a voice of eloquent and unadorned sincerity. In this way, it's easy to read and difficult to put down, vividly descriptive and completely convincing, humbling and inspiring.

Fortunately for us, she kept waking up in the middle of the night until she couldn't keep from writing it down for us. The reason to read this remarkable account is witness, which is one of the few ways that we have left to hack a little hole in our jungle of unbelief.
5150+ comments| 1,080 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2013
I have read this book and encountered some of the same spiritual experiences that happened to Mary. Though I did not die, but deeply saddened because of a divorce. What spiritual experiences I encountered during that marriage and after it is still fresh in my mind. Everything on earth seemed to change for me then. I wanted to learn more about it. I found Mary's book very honest in similar experiences. Though it is true about the "forks in the road". In a way it's like leaving "Paradise" when you take the wrong fork. I believe what she wrote about is very true. Angels and guides are real! So is heaven!!
on January 25, 2013
I have experienced NDE three times and met one other person. "Sherry P” who knew that I had one, without learning it from me.

I did not share my experience with anyone that could have told Sherry.
Her experience was long before mine and by far more intense.
Sherry P, I learned from Dr. Neal is an Angel.

Sherry’s appearance taught me that I was stable that what I experienced was not a fever-induced hallucination.

The last NDE was March 2012 after radical Denture surgery and the prescribed pain medication I witnessed what my Satan looks like.

I am in my opinion a most Blessed man because I was truly protected by God in that spiritual encounter I felt and feel no fear.

This happened by a true life Angel, my daughter. She fought Satan's spiritual magnetism using her spiritual magnetism from God. God's Angel prevailed. I was in the arms of an Angel.

During my recovery from the issues that triggered the NDE, I learned from a FOX News interview featuring Doctor Neal about her Book. Her "witnessing.” I placed my first of several orders with Amazon.

Her works led me to more solid clarity about the Angels and Demons that are among us at all times.

I have given or sent her inspiring works to several people some I have never met but learned about through people who were in retrospect more Demonic than Angelic, I do not Judge. I have suggested Dr. Neal’s Book on FB. to commenters I feel need guided introspection

Dr. Alexander's {Also an Angel} Witnessing including his subsequent practices of meditation instructed me on how to pursue my purpose, as I believe God Intends.

My mission I believe is to reach out to Gods prized Earthly creations, “Humans” to teach them to learn their path to self-enlighten., God’s purpose for them.

Most importantly, I learned not to judge, who to reach out to, in that
God created us in his own image; therefore, the spirit of God resides in every person. A spirit that simply needs an awaking an epiphany.

Gods “will” be done unto them as it was to me. We are each free without condemnation to choose.
on July 6, 2017
This book really changed my life. I hadn't felt that god loved me or I couldn't grasp how much. This book has helped me to see and acknowledge his love. Will read over and over.
on December 29, 2012
My husband has been fighting stage 4 lung cancer for three months and my faith has been severely challenged but this book has given me the knowledge that I need to begin rejoicing in the challenges that God has put in front of my husband and I. Even though I pray for my husband's remission, I know that if it is God's will that remission will happen. If remission is not God's will then we will accept what his plan is for us and pray, pray and pray.
on January 10, 2013
I love these kinds of books - real people living a life that has great setbacks and difficulty - yet, they find ways to inspire and give hope to others. Dr. Mary Neal's life experiences are well worth sharing. I was pleased that she wrote the book that gives her readers hope in their own lives. I read the book very quickly - could not put it down. I saw great love in her personal story even though it came at a high price to the author.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for meaning in their lives.

If you found this book of interest you might also want to read these two books that I found worthy of sharing:

"Divine Moments: Ordinary People having Spiritually Transformative Experiences" by Nancy Clark

Divine Moments; Ordinary People Having Spiritually Transformative Experiences

"Voyage Of Purpose: Spiritual Wisdom from Near-Death back to Life" by David bennett and Cindy Griffith-Bennett[

Voyage of Purpose: Spiritual Wisdom from Near-Death back to Life
on August 4, 2012
To Heaven and Back: A Doctor's Extraordinary Account of Her Death, Heaven, Angels, and Life Again: A True Story

Dr. Neal's brave sharing touches my heart because I think I can appreciate how very difficult it must be to experience something the rest of the world only wonders about and then to try to put that experience into words for the telling of it. No wonder Jesus spoke to us in parables. He must have known quite well that we lacked ears to hear, and so he tried to make it as understandable as possible, perhaps. You are, Dr. Neal, authentic and gifted in your telling. We are, the readers, so fortunate that you had the courage to share, perhaps more courage than it would have taken to escape the drowning, if that had been possible. Thank you for writing down your very precious experience. I especially treasured the part about feeling held with loving arms, and welcomed. To know again that all the lights are on for us, to be reminded that loved ones will meet and greet us, that Heaven will explode with joy over each one of our "rescues" is to be reassured in this world of the good news Jesus has promised and its reality, no matter what. Thank you. Elizabeth Roth, author and artist.
on August 14, 2012
I am no stranger to having an open mind about life, "death" and everything in between so when I heard about her story I knew I'd probably be getting her book. I was so surprised to read some of the negative reviews here. People actually urging others not to read it, saying they had to throw it in the garbage... Wow. This book must have really challenged their beliefs. This is a personal experience and is about her life. One person went so far as to call her story narcissistic. Do people not realize that personal stories usually revolve around the person writing it? *chuckle snort*

The book was pretty much as I expected. She talks about when she was a child, her experiences growing up, beliefs, her family, her death and how everything was woven together. For people that don't pay attention to coincidences and signs along the road of their lives, maybe this book won't make sense to you. And that's okay because whenever you're ready to let that kind of magic in it will appear and it will make sense, sometimes, Only To You!

The whole book was easy to read and very interesting to me, but one part really puzzled me. The author, on page 205, decided to lump pop-rocks & coke, JFK assassination and AIDS being man-made in to a short poo-pooing paragraph as urban myths/conspiracy theories, wondering how so many can latch onto and believe that kind of stuff and totally write off the thousands of stories thru time of people's experience with near death and afterlife.

Mary, obviously you haven't looked much into the JFK assassination or that AIDS could possibly be man-made. While there is a lot of good in this world there are also plenty of twisted people that want to rid the world of positive, influential souls and people in power that make diseases to be released into the population. I understand that what you said is your belief right now but when you are presenting such a story as yours, you might want to keep from going backwards by not writing off other people's beliefs while hoping they accept yours.

I HAD to say that or else it would nag at me. Even though I do not share all of the author's beliefs I can easily say that I will be recommending this book and I know that For Some who are trying to understand this confusing life, this story will be of comfort.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2016
A first hand account of a truly beautiful and wonderful and enriching experience. However, for myself, I would have preferred to have read more about the uplifting and life-changing experience Mary had in the presence of Jesus. Most of the book is her life story, interspersed with spiritual experiences, which while are interesting, I would like to read about the spiritual experiences in Heaven.
on September 22, 2014
It provided me peace, comfort and joy as I just lost my Beloved Husband, Richard to a heart attack while swimming in our pool resulting in his drowning. I found him floating face down and tried to perform CPR but very sadly to know avail.

Thankfully I have strong Christian Faith to sustain me and now have a hunger and thirst to understand the afterlife and what he may be experiencing.

Your book helped to increase and fortify my faith and hope and brought the much needed Joy to my heart which has been so sad and broken as I miss and love my Richard tremendously.

In Him,