Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on January 17, 2002
Well as you can tell I'm very happy with the Ultravection oven.
I would give it 5 stars, however, the cleanup is not easy.
When the grease from meats splatters all over, it takes more than a wet sponge (add some Dawn) to clean it up.
Plus I add a foil to the collection tray to make cleaning that easier.
I think I've used this oven EVERY day since I got it!!

We have made pork chops & filet mignon (frozen from Costco). Delicious!!
The best feature is the frozen pizza option. Today I had a California Pizza Kitchen pizza in 9 minutes!
The kids adore the chicken nuggets (8 min.!) and french fries.
I have even re-heated lasagna and leftover Chinese food. (each on a piece of foil) Each came out better than if I had reheated them in the microwave.
It is so great for lunch - for quick and last minute decisions, as well as, for dinner.
I know - I saw the infomercial and was unsure. And I didn't tell my husband I ordered it until it was on the counter.
But now he thinks it is great!
I'm so glad I got this. (Plus it saves so much time and energy so I don't have to turn on the oven.)
on August 29, 2002
I did pork loin and potato. Sliced the loin and potato and cooked together. Meat was tender and juicy, potato brown. Half frozen fish was delicious in about 12 min. Odor did not transfer into house. Texture and taste great. I seasoned meats and brushed with olive oil. Clean up takes a few minutes and it takes a while to cool so I do it the several hours later. Just brush the basket using dishwashing liquid. A paper towel sprayed with orange clean gets drips from bottom of oven. Then wipe with damp paper towel. Not bad. This is great for one or two people who hate heating the big oven.
on August 2, 2002
I thought at first I would not use it much..you have to be careful at first to not cook things too long. (You finally learn how long everything takes..or can stop and test before finish). I tend to put frozen items in microwave first for a minute because it will sometimes cook outside before inside. This has been for pizza and corndogs. But most every thing else is fine. Despite that, I use it a lot. It keeps my oven from use, and crisps nicely. Yes, steaks are especially good. I think I will always use for steaks. Very quick and easy and good.
on December 20, 2002
I love this oven,have now had it for over 6 weeks,It works great on just about everything,have not found anything yet that I could not use it for. French Fries,frozen pizza,fish,crab cakes,Steaks(they stay extra juicy),tuna melts,breakfast sausage, pork tenderloin,chicken breast to name just a few of the things I have used it for.Easy to clean, basket and drip tray go right in dishwasher. My only complaint is exterior of unit gets very hot,could not use in enclosed space need at least 4-6 inches clearance all directions. But if you have the clearance I am sure you will not be disappointed with this unit.
on July 5, 2001
I feel that this is poorly designed in comparison to other Toastmaster convection ovens. It provides little temperature control. It is an open bottom oven. I am not sure what specifications Toastmaster was designing to; but, someone missed the boat. Please take note; this is according to my criteria. If I would have had more details on the product, I would never have ordered it.
on June 25, 2003
This is a fantastic oven. It's every bit as good as the informercial claims to be. I used it to cook steak, pizza, and french fries right out of the freezer and find them better tasting than most restaurants. Not kidding. It seals the juice inside so it's not too dry on the inside but crispy on the outside. The only drawback is the clean-up. At this price, it's a great steal.
on December 31, 2003
This oven may not be the prettiest appliance on your countertop but it is well worth the money. I got one last year for Christmas and now I rarely use my regular oven. It is ideal for a single person. I gave one as a gift this Christmas and my friend just loved it. At $50.00 you can't go wrong. Anything you put in it cooks twice as fast as a regular oven. I never use my microwave anymore because food cooks much better in this oven, and certainly tastes better.
on June 30, 2004
HARD TO CLEAN AND MAKES MORE NOISE THAN OTHER COOKERS. THE FAN STARTED TO CREATE VIBRATION AND EVENTUALLY STALLED. OTHER THAN THE ABOVE, THE COOKER IS REALLY NICE. JUST THINK THAT IT SHOULD HAVE STOOD UP BETTER.
on July 27, 2002
i cannot wait to get my oven, ordered it today. i have seen this oven used at my friends house, she cooked steaks and bugers in it while i was visiting her, did an excellent job!then again when i visited her she made frozen chicken patties and tater tots and showed me how pizza also turns out. i was simpy amazed at the the way food turns out, very good and moist not dried out at all, much nicer than a microvave, no comparison what so ever! a must buy item. she has definitely got all her friends wanting one. im glad she informed us about this great product!
on November 22, 2003
I was initially very please with the product. I thought it worked well for the price. The problem is with the design and quality control. The black coating chips off the basket tray slides because its metal against metal. Also after 4 months of moderate use, a defect in the convection motor made a horrible knocking noise whenever used, and needed to be repaired. This would be a better product if it was more solidly built, and perhaps a bit more expensive.