YED Reading Is Fundamental Wish List Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Beauty & Grooming Deals and savings in Woodworking Shop Popular Services _moa _moa _moa  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on July 24, 2013
My 2 year old son is in speech therapy, and this book really coincides with the techniques we are learning from the speech therapist. This is great for me to continue working with my son in our home - the ideas in this book are excellent, with great specific instructions. The introduction is a must read - do not skip!
on February 15, 2014
I am a pediatric Speech- Language Pathologist and find this to be a very good resource for parents. I have recommended this book a number of times.
on December 8, 2015
It's an okay book. My only problem is that I paid money for it? The information is good, but not exhaustive. If I am going to pay for a book - I would like it to provide more in depth information than what I can find in a few hours on the internet, or for the book to concisely digest what many sources would give me after I made an exhaustive study. I really felt that My Toddler Talks did not deliver what I paid for it.
on November 23, 2016
This is a great book for parents of children struggling with speech, but I'd also recommend it for all parents. It has great tips on how to improve your communication with your child and boosting your child's communicative skills. With way it's written, I was easily able to begin implementing tips and seeing results before finishing the book. The activities revolve around play, so this is also a great book for parents who struggle with ways to play with their children.
This book has been helpful to me as I teach young children who have speech and other developmental delays. This book will also be helpful to parents and professionals who work with children ages 0-3 years. The writer describes specific activities that will help toddlers develop language and communication. Each activity includes a list of materials that are needed as well as an outline of steps in order to carry out the activity. This is a very practical and hands-on book that will guide you to help your child or student develop in language and in other areas of development. The writer describes how to work with young children in a patient, sensitive, and loving way in order for each child to develop at their own pace. The writer combines a very strong understanding of child development with practical activities to help your child or students develop language in a fun way.
on February 20, 2015
I brought my toddler talks for my son . In one of the activities, I brought a puppet monkey, I started acting talking to my son , let me me tell you, it was amazing!!!!!!! To hear my son answer the puppet's question. How old are you? My son answers 3* This was the first time he stated his age. This book is well explain and step by step tips.
on September 25, 2014
I absolutely love this book! Kimberly does a great job explaining toddler language development to parents. The exercises are easy and fun! My daughter and I always have a great time when trying out the play routines. my 18 month old daughter's speech has really expanded since we started using this book. Thanks Kimberly!
on July 10, 2016
The ideas and activities in this book are easy to understand and easy to do. My son has really been engaged in all of the activities we've tried out so far. We don't have the supplies/toys for several of the activities, but I think we'll be able to figure out substitutions and improvise a bit. I loved that the play activities are accessible for young toddlers but still fun for older toddlers, too.

This book shares lots of ideas about play activities that will help us be proactive with my son's language skills. This is a great read for parents of all toddlers!
on August 10, 2014
I have been using a few of the "play" techniques and can already tell a difference in my 2 year old daughter's speech!
on November 3, 2015
This book covers a lot of good activities to engage late talkers in. The language is detailed but not pretentious (easily understood by someone with zero formal training in the subject). I found some of the activities were very similar to each other or had already come across a lot of them online. I realize there is a limited number of activities to address this issue but I wasn't wowed by the selection.

I would recommend as a first read for anyone looking to help their little one with their language development.