Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on January 6, 2013
I've been using grippy type socks for a few years now and have tried different brands including some of the others sold on Amazon, like Gaiam. ToeSox puts the most fabric into their socks which causes them to keep their shape and to buffer the soles of my feet from the little grippy nubbles. The Gaiam sock looks pretty, but has a fabric that is too thin and therefore causes the little grippy nubbles to press too hard on the soles of my feet. In contrast, the TOESOX stays comfortable even if I wear them all day. They wash well even in hot water and the dryer. I find the support band useful for my one flattish foot. I recommend them not only for Yoga, but just to wear around the house on my hardwood floors. They are awesomely comfortable for daily wear. I also recommend them for offices with hard floors to give your feet some exercise time but still be covered.
on March 27, 2011
I've tried these on variety of surfaces -- standard "sticky" yoga mat, wood floor, and carpet (both low and high pile). They seem to slide the worst on the wood floor. They work well on the sticky mat and both types of carpeting, but my toes/feet tend to slip a bit inside of them. I notice the worst slipping in Warrior I and II poses on the back foot. Sox slipping in downward dog isn't as bad. I ordered the Small size (I wear a size 7 shoe) and washed them inside out before trying them out. They do help to keep toes warm if you are in a cooler room. I only use them about half the time I do yoga. I can imagine they would be especially useful for practice at a club/gym if you are using someone else's mat, but the slipping on the foot may be too annoying for some to ignore.
on May 27, 2014
I had to purchase this particular brand for a fitness class I am taking so I really had no choice however if you do I would probably suggest buying a pair in person that you can inspect first or maybe a different brand altogether. They're cheaply made is the bottom line. I just received and tried them on today and there were already threads unraveling on the toes before I even put them on. My guess is they will last about 4 classes and I will need to buy another pair. Seems like the company spent all the money on the grip part and not much on the actual construction of the sock.
on March 3, 2009
They work wonderfully for working out on slippery services, but hey they even work for just puttin' around the house in your socks (especially when you have little carpet indoors like my house). Besides the non-slip bottom which makes them ideal for working out, as well as running up and down hardwood floor stairs, they're nice and warm too. Must be that organic cotton with the nice tight weave that keeps your feet warm even on cold floor, while still allowing them to breathe.

I love mine so much I'm going to buy a couple pairs without the non-slip bottom as well, for wearing inside shoes and such.

Oh and just FYI, pay attention to the reviews and comments out here about sizing, and review the sizing chart which should be here or at toesox.com. Basically a woman's size 8 should go with a size Small. (That's me so I can vouch for that size exactly. LOL)
on May 29, 2013
I use these for Pure Barre. I have tried gaiam sticky socks as well as the ones with the Pure Barre logo on them (not sure what brand they are?). These toe socks are by far my favorite. They remain sticky even after many washes and the sticky stuff hasn't worn off like it had with my Gaiam socks. They are a little more expensive, but worth the price in my opinion. I am a size 7, I ordered a small, and they fit fine.
on April 15, 2013
I wear these when teaching Qigong. I needed a bit of a grip and even more warmth for these early spring mornings and this product did the trick. I teach . The outline of my foot helps my students follow my foot movement when teaching.
Occasionally, the toes twist and constrict a bit if not put on exactly right but it just takes a bit of adjustment and the movement goes on. These are warm and out of organic cotton which is a plus. I was surprised that they maintained shape and size with washing, cannot honestly remember if I dried in dryer or hung up. I will order more pairs.
on April 22, 2013
My feet constantly sweat when I am in yoga and about half way through a class I have to wipe my feet off after each pose so that I can hold the poses. These socks help me hold my posses through an entire class. The downside for me is I have tiny feet and wear a 51/2 or 6 shoe and the toes are long. This causes the socks to slide into my toes and pinch them. This doesn't happen in every class but when it does it is uncomfortable. However, the ability to finish a class without wiping my feet was amazing since I can now keep up with the class.
on January 8, 2014
I wear a size 8.5 shoe, and ended up ordering the size down (small) due to previous reviews. I'm glad I did! While the smalls are pretty tight on me, they work great! My feet don't slide around in them at all, and I don't have to worry about my toes coming out of the socks in downward dog! So if you are borderline on sizing, I would size down so they don't slide around at all.
on June 24, 2010
I ordered the size small, and my feet tend to be size 8 or 8.5; in running shoes I'm an 8.5. The small is very snug, but if they weren't snug, they'd certainly slip and skid around on my feet. I couldn't imagine doing yoga or pilates without these. It would be like spinning without bike shorts. My only regret is that they probably will need to be replaced in 6 months of 1-2/week use; I had hoped they'd last a full year, but then again, I'm overweight, so you may wear yours out in less time!
on April 19, 2012
I was previously doing pilates bare footed and felt it was a bit unsanitary. I saw someone with the giliam socks and started researching on Amazon. My search took me to toesox. Although a bit pricey, I really like these socks. They fit nicely and give me added grip for jumpboard class. It takes a little practice putting my toes into their designated slots though. I like them so much that I bought a 2nd pair.