Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Tofu 1-2-3 Paperback – September 19, 2006
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Tofu like you've never seen...or tasted!
You've heard all the raves about the wonders of soy: it's low-sodium, low-fat, and cholesterol-free. You want to incorporate it in your diet to improve your lifestyle, but when you see a big brick of tofu sitting in your supermarket, you find yourself asking, "What on earth can I do with it?" Or maybe you already cookwith tofu, but are stumped when it comes to finding new ideas and dishes to try.
Now Tofu 1-2-3 comes to the rescue with 125 classic recipes that show you just how versatile—and tasty—tofu can be. Imagine Blueberry-Buckwheat Pancakes and Sloppy Joes that are just as good as the ones your mom used to make. Discover contemporary flavors in dishes like Beer-Battered Coconut Tofu with Apricot-Dijon Dipping Sauce, Teriyaki Wrap, and Garden Vegetable Chili with Kale and Black Beans. From great-tasting smoothies and creamy soups to super salads, main dishes, and desserts (even Chocolate Mousse!), this book will show you that tofu means more than just stir-fry.
Complete with nutrition information and easy-to-follow advice on buying and cooking with different types of tofu, this guide is a must-have for anyone interested in taking healthy eating to a whole new level.
About the Author
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The first 3 weeks I cut out meat from my diet using recipes only from this book, I dropped 10 pounds without even trying.
2) My family didn't even know I was using tofu and they asked for 2nd's much more often and even when I told them it was tofu, the recipes I used were requested by them again.
3) I get to be adventerous in the kitchen (or at leas I feel that way) My favorite recipe (super hard to pick just one!) is Thai style tofu with Butternut Squash SUPER DUPER YUMMY! You have no idea! I'd never cooked anything with butternut squash before using this book.
4) I've never cooked with tofu before using this book. It has the tofu for dummies (my own title) section in front w/the simple basics PLUS more. Then, multiple sections of foods such as: entree's, desert, soups, etc etc to prepare. The recipes are simple and easy enough to modify to add your own zest (I prefer additional spicy and extra veggies). Every single recipe (at least half of them now and almost all of the entree's) I've used from this book were beyond fantastic.
5) The only thing I recommend, is if you have a question, go check it out online, eg.. I didn't know what 'Nutritional Yeast flakes' were but looked online, went to sprouts and got some and add it to tofu recipes that have it added (most of the time it's optional) as well as add it other things now too. There were only a few similar things in there that I'd never heard of, otherwise, a cookbook for anyone, simple, easy to follow, very very healthy.
6) I really meant it was easy to use - the index in back is great, just look up zuccini and it tells you every recipe in the book that contains zuccinni, as well as listing each one by it's titled recipe name. Most of my cookbooks just have the title of the recipe. This was great last time I had extra zuccini and wasn't sure what to make, found a few recipes that include it and went to town.
7) I really love knowing that I'm putting more healthy, home prepared meals on the table and again can't say entough how easy it is, and even more yummy than you could ever imagine tofu being!!
Great health and happy cooking!
As far as the recipes being too complex - they most certainly are not. Just because a recipe lists several items for a particular sauce - like peanut butter, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, etc etc - this doesn't make it complex - it just makes your sauce taste better.
It really has a host of easy to put together meals. You might have to invest in some key ingredients. I have a whole drawer filled with different spices - that I use all the time so it's easy for me.
Honestly, i haven't tried any of the desserts but I am eager to try more recipes - even after having this book over two years and trying recipes here and there - it's still good enough to pick up - browse through - and give it another go again and again.