Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Tokico DSP-10 D-Spec 16-Way Shock for Subaru WRX

on October 5, 2012
I'll start by saying these shocks are a bargain at this price, just do your research. Depending on your vehicle, make sure to buy the Extenders for adjusting the dampening on the fly, rather than digging around to get to the tophats.

Now, for the dissapointing part. These are bought through Amazon and I am not sure if these are kicked around their warehouse, or if the kicking is done in transit, but my shocks came fairly beat up due to terrible packaging. There is a decent amount of cardboard in there separating, but nowhere near enough to keep these from moving around. As such, the shocks bounce all over and smash through the cardboard barriers separating them (and in my case tearing the barriers) and the next thing they can hit is...you guessed it, each other! most fo the damage is cosmetic but there is some bending around the brake line runner and hub bolt holes.

Still, these are worth it at this price.
on August 1, 2012
The Tokico D-Spec offers and extremely wide range of adjust-ability to suit just about any aftermarket springs, although I would recommend staying away from springs that lower the car too much. It will actually make the car handle worse, and move the strut out of its ideal travel range. But, get a nice set of springs, and these struts rock. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a adjustable suspension alternative to coil overs.
on September 16, 2012
When I bought these I was a bit worried about fitment on my 02 WRX. When they arrived I looked up part #'s and they are perfect. The only reason I am giving a 4 star is the packaging did not protect the struts very well. The cardboard allowed the struts to move a bit and 2 of them have small chips in the Powdercoat. Not a big deal, no issues with functionality, just something I had to prime and paint. These struts are amazing compared to OEM or replacement. The adjust-ability allows for having 2 sets of springs and never worrying about underdampened or blowing stock with to high a spring rate. Install was simple, get a spring compressor and PB Blaster for sure. If you have a 04-07 WRX, call TiC and get a set of 921 spacers and these will work for you too. Great price on a great product.
on March 30, 2013
These are my second set of the dspec struts on my 06 wrx. I got 100k miles out of the first set and they are perfect.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question