Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
asked by Amazon Customer on November 16, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
J. Whelan answered on February 19, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Appropriate for those ages, definitely not the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Maybe some of the Timohty Zan Star Wars books if they enjoy the movies. Ender's Game is sci-fi but is definitely a good read and appropriate for kids. It is about children as well.
M. Stifler answered on November 17, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Since my original post, my kids have been reading all of Tolkien's other works. They have also read Beowulf and The Odyssey. I am still looking for other works of fantasy or science fiction for them. They are still ages 9 and 12. The need complex, quality fiction with great characters that is appropriate for their ages.
Amazon Customer answered on March 2, 2013

A
Chet Fakir answered on March 11, 2013

A
Late to this thread, but way of kings by Brandon Sanderson. I think they will love it. -- Probably would love all things Brandon Sanderson.
Nathan Cook answered on April 25, 2013

A
Just a thought - In the last few days a lot of Ray Bradbury's books became available on Kindle. I remembered enjoying some of them around that age.
B. Palmer answered on April 30, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product