Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 388 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 469 reviews
on August 22, 2013
I have no problem saying that this is the best Splinter Cell game to date. Customization and (except for some forced sequences) the choice to tackle a problem however you want is refreshing when compared to most games out there in circulation right now. The only issue I had with the customization was that it requires you to purchase weapons and equipment in order instead of picking and purchasing what is available.

That being said, my only true problem has nothing to do with game play mechanics but with the voice acting. This is the first Splinter Cell where Micheal Ironside does not voice the protagonist Sam Fisher. Eric Johnson does a fine job on his own but his voice is nowhere near that of Ironside's. The whole time I couldn't shake the feeling that I was playing as someone else besides the Sam Fisher fan's of the series know and love and even when listening to the game I still tried my best to imagine Ironside's voice instead.

Great game, I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the stealth/action genre of gaming.

Next time Ubisoft bring back Ironside for the voice (let someone else motion capture, technology can do it) and you'll have absolutely one of the best games of the year.
44 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2014
This game basically fused everything long time fans of Splinter cell and newer fans like about the series, and put them into a game...except Michael Ironside's voice. The new voice for Sam Fisher is good, but youthful, and it takes some getting used to. If anything, the main character shouldn't have been Sam, but a new character made around the new voice actor, but what's done is done. Briggs and Charlie are great though.

The gamemodes are plenty and the customization is deep. Get a buddy, and play co-op! Takes me back to the Chaos Theory days, my 2nd favorite SC game. The story is good as you'd expect from a Tom Clancy game, the voice acting is spot on, and if you're a long time fan like I am, or a newcomer, this game is for you.

Controls, gameplay, graphics, sound, it's all exemplary.
on January 1, 2014
I won't go into a very long form review, breaking down the game by section (the rest of the net and this section have enough on that). But I will say that I own every Splinter Cell game in the series, and this might be one of the best with at least offering you options. The main difference is the Play Style that you can achieve in each level. It offers different points for evading, staying hidden, silent kills, combat kills, etc. This adds a dimension to the game that you can do it your own way.

The "Ghost" style is the most rewarded, as it should be, but if you go run and gun through the level you will probably be ok too. Weapons and ammo are plentiful if you don't care if the weapon is silenced, and it is nice to know that quickly clearing an area without too much fear of being caught makes the game pace a little quicker.

I like the side missions to the game, the only weird part is that you can completely disrupt the main story line with them. In your launch screen you see the "time" to the next terrorist attack, maybe a couple days. However, you could theoretically do every side mission between two main missions, taking you all the way across the world and back, without any penalty or change in that main mission clock. While I do appreiciate the freedom to choose, it takes some of the feeling or urgency out of the story line.

So that's it mostly. Great Splinter Cell title, great gadgets and weapons, and pretty fantastic graphics on the 360. One last thing, no Michael Ironside. He IS Sam Fisher in my opinion. Bummer, since there are a lot of cool cut scenes and Sam Fisher actually talks quite a bit. Deeper in the game you stop noticing, but for the first couple missions, I honestly felt like something was off/wrong!
on September 16, 2015
In this game you've patched things up with the government. You work for the government in this game. You are Sam Fisher and your job is to stop a major Terrorist attack called the Blacklist or millions of American lives will be lost.
In this game you have a team but the single player missions are done solo and side missions can be done alone or with a friend. In this game you have everything at your disposal. Any type of gun or gadget that you could possibly want is in this game. Oh, and I forgot to mention several different types of body armor are available! But, you have to have the money and upgrades to your plane necessary to get these items. Luckily you get cash for every main and side mission you complete.
You have three styles you can carry out your mission with: Ghost, Panther, and Assault. Ghost is using non lethal methods to take out your enemies. Panther is killing your enemies lethally but silently and strategically as a panther. Assault is plain and simple, you go in guns blazing. I played mostly the panther style. There is a level where you have to play Ghost style. One level was so hard I played mostly Assault Style. To me Panther style was the best and the most fun way to play. Just a little friendly tip, you get more points and cash if you play the Ghost or Panther style. Ghost is actually worth the most points and cash.
The plot and story line is great. The missions are not terribly hard but, some of the Charlie side missions are hard and the final main mission in single player is extremely tough. Lots of bad guys and laser grids to go through. If you get detected by a laser grid the mission automatically aborts in some cases. I was definitely yelling and cussing alot on the last mission. It was very difficult and frustrating.
Overall excellent game. It gets five stars. Best Splinter Cell game yet! I will definitely consider buying the next Splinter Cell game if one ever comes out on the next generation consoles.
on November 25, 2015
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Blacklist is a solid addition to the Splinter Cell Series. Much has been made of the change in voice actor for Sam Fisher. I noticed the difference, and while I agree the original guy was better the new one is not so bad that it significantly detracts from the enjoy ability of the game. There are some fun new toys to use in stealth mode both in the campaign and co-op, most notably the tri rotor and cross bow. Both can deploy electronic and gas warfare and are fun to use. The co-op missions are fun though the Charlie Cole missions don't bear must resemblance to classic splinter cell play. The Grim missions are very challenging and depending on how well you play in true stealth can take MANY hours to complete. The story itself is ok, world wide terrorist organization launches world wide attack, only Sam Fisher and 4th Echelon can stop it...you've played Splinter Cell before you know the story.

I knocked off a star because the interactions with the team on Paladin were cheesy to unbearable, especially Charlie Cole. Over dramatization to the point that it's distracting from the enjoyment of the game. Sometimes you can just tell when a developer is trying too hard to force a weak story, that applies here.
on September 18, 2015
Splinter Cell Blacklist is a great cross between the stealth oriented gameplay of the previous titles, and the action oriented gameplay of Conviction. You can play this game how you want. You can sneak past everyone and not bother or kill a single guard, or you can go in guns a blazing and kill everyone. The game allows you to customize Sam Fisher to cater to your playing style and the added side missions and whole Paladin ship menu is pretty awesome. It's almost similar to the Mass Effect games. I can't really say much about the online multiplayer, but I'm glad to see Spies vs Mercs return. The added side missions are cool and I especially like how they had them kind of play off the story, but not change anything. Co-op missions are accessed through these side missions and they are pretty great, but I wouldn't say they are as good as the Co-op missions in Chaos Theory or even Conviction, but they're still pretty good. The added Easter Eggs like intel dead drops and HVT within missions are great and encourage exploration. To sum up this review, I feel like this is a great way that the series has gone back to its roots while still catering to players who started the series with Conviction. If you're a fan of the series at all, I think you'll enjoy this game (as long as you can get past the fact that Ironsides doesn't do Sam Fisher's voice anymore).
on May 7, 2014
Black List is one of the better games I have ever played. This one builds of Convictions gameplay, but brings back the fun and difficulty of Chaos Theory. I was a little concerned about the direction of the franchise after Double Agent and Conviction, but I have rediscovered my love for these titles. The original and Chaos Theory were two of the better games I have ever played and I can add Blacklist to the group!

Blacklist offers a surprisingly diverse number of routes to complete a single check point area. Combine that with the three very different play styles and three difficulty levels, and you have super high replay value and a ridiculous number of ways to complete the game. You will quickly fall into your preferred playing style but I found myself constantly trying to complete tasks in other styles to gain points and challenge myself.

There is a great combination of action and stealth and you can focus on either whenever you like. Completing an check point without being detected is always a fun challenge and will have you pausing and restarting frequently, not from frustration, but from a desire to perfect your route, attacks, and movements. I would say there is a perfect amount of difficulty for all skill levels and play styles once you tweak the settings.

I don’t love the pelican level up aspect of the game because I would rather jump into the action as quickly as possible. Cut scenes are well done and you feel like you are part of the action and you have choices even when you are completing the single player story. I have not ventured into the multiplayers arena which could be fun, but is a great testament how solid the single player really is.

Great buy and an excellent representation of the 360’s power! If you liked any of the Splinter Cells, you absolutely must pick this up.
on April 4, 2014
Splinter Cell and Hitman are my favorite game franchises, so I've been looking forward to another SC for years. My Xbox got ripped off, just got another, so Blacklist was the first game I purchased for my new machine. Graphics, storyline, missions and massive size/scope of the missions were incredible. I did miss Michael Ironside's voice, but after the initial scenes, you really don't notice it anymore. Only thing that really bugged me was on the non-stealth missions(Grimm's missions) how the AI had super human reactions, but that doesn't take away from how amazing this game is. Pick it up, stealth fan or not, you won't regret it.
on October 7, 2015
I am a big fan of the Splinter Cell series, to start with. While I was disappointed with the removal of most of the stealth setups for the last game, Conviction, I really enjoyed the story and the gameplay was fun. When I started this game, they changed the controls yet again which I felt worked very well for Conviction and should not have been messed with. They also tried to add stealth elements back into this game more but I didn't feel they worked very well and was very disappointed with that. The story is it's own and does not have anything to do with any of the previous games. It was a good story though and there were a couple of really fun missions. The visuals were really nice compared to previous games in the series. Overall though, this is my least favorite of the series I think. If they had left the controls and setups they came up with for Conviction it would have been much better I think. I wouldn't pay more than $10-15 for this.
on December 6, 2013
I have been playing splinter cell from the beginning and this was by far my favorite splinter cell of the series. While the game may have been lacking Michael Ironside's voice it more than made up for it with the best gameplay of the franchise. Blacklist gameplay combines all the best elements of the old splinter cell games with some of the more fast paced action and execute abilities of Conviction. Upgrading your plane and gear was a little too easy and by the time I was half way through the campaigned I had every piece of gear and upgrade available. I hope going into future games they learn from this and make upgrading a slightly slower process. Multiplayer is a revitalization of the old spies vs mercs angle but with improved gameplay and balance creating a very addictive and fun experience. I would really give this game a lot more stars if I could. This is a game I will be playing for years to come.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.