Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Tom Janetscheck
Tom Janetscheck is a Senior Security Program Manager in Microsoft's Cloud Security Division. He has more than 15 years of experience in designing, building, and monitoring on premises and cloud infrastructure solutions, and a focus on security architecture in the Microsoft cloud, making him a resource on all things Azure and enterprise security.
Tom is a well-known international conference speaker. For his extraordinary community contributions in the area of Microsoft Azure Security, he received the Microsoft MVP Award in the category Microsoft Azure from 2017 to 2020.
In his spare time, Tom is an enthusiastic motorcyclist, scuba diver, guitarist, bass player, drummer, and station officer at a local fire department.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Tom Janetscheck
Get to grips with artificial intelligence and cybersecurity techniques to respond to adversaries and incidents
- Learn how to secure your Azure cloud workloads across applications and networks
- Protect your Azure infrastructure from cyber attacks
- Discover tips and techniques for implementing, deploying, and maintaining secure cloud services using best practices
Security is integrated into every cloud, but this makes users put their guard down as they take cloud security for granted. Although the cloud provides higher security, keeping their resources secure is one of the biggest challenges many organizations face as threats are constantly evolving. Microsoft Azure offers a shared responsibility model that can address any challenge with the right approach.
Revised to cover product updates up to early 2022, this book will help you explore a variety of services and features from Microsoft Azure that can help you overcome challenges in cloud security. You'll start by learning the most important security concepts in Azure, their implementation, and then advance to understanding how to keep resources secure. The book will guide you through the tools available for monitoring Azure security and enforcing security and governance the right way. You'll also explore tools to detect threats before they can do any real damage and those that use machine learning and AI to analyze your security logs and detect anomalies.
By the end of this cloud security book, you'll have understood cybersecurity in the cloud and be able to design secure solutions in Microsoft Azure.
What you will learn
- Become well-versed with cloud security concepts
- Get the hang of managing cloud identities
- Understand the zero-trust approach
- Adopt the Azure security cloud infrastructure
- Protect and encrypt your data
- Grasp Azure network security concepts
- Discover how to keep cloud resources secure
- Implement cloud governance with security policies and rules
Who this book is for
This book is for Azure cloud professionals, Azure architects, and security professionals looking to implement secure cloud services using Azure Security Centre and other Azure security features. A solid understanding of fundamental security concepts and prior exposure to the Azure cloud will help you understand the key concepts covered in the book more effectively.
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to Azure Security
- Governance and Security
- Managing Cloud Identities
- Azure Network Security
- Azure KeyVault
- Data Security
- Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Microsoft Sentinel
- Security Best Practices
Extensively revised for updates through spring 2021 this guide will help you safeguard cloud and hybrid environments at scale. Two Azure Security Center insiders help you apply Microsoft's powerful new components and capabilities to improve protection, detection, and response in key operational scenarios. You'll learn how to secure any workload, respond to new threat vectors, and address issues ranging from policies to risk management.
This edition contains new coverage of all Azure Defender plans for cloud workload protection, security posture management with Secure Score, advanced automation, multi-cloud support, integration with Azure Sentinel, APIs, and more. Throughout, you'll find expert insights, tips, tricks, and optimizations straight from Microsoft's ASC team. They'll help you solve cloud security problems far more effectively—and save hours, days, or even weeks.
Two of Microsoft's leading cloud security experts show how to:
- Understand today's threat landscape, cloud weaponization, cyber kill chains, and the need to “assume breach”
- Integrate Azure Security Center to centralize and improve cloud security, even if you use multiple cloud providers
- Leverage major Azure Policy improvements to deploy, remediate, and protect at scale
- Use Secure Score to prioritize actions for hardening each workload
- Enable Azure Defender plans for different workloads, including Storage, KeyVault, App Service, Kubernetes and more
- Monitor IoT solutions, detect threats, and investigate suspicious activities on IoT devices
- Reduce attack surfaces via just-in-time VM access, file integrity monitoring, and other techniques
- Route Azure Defender alerts to Azure Sentinel or a third-party SIEM for correlation and action
- Access alerts via HTTP, using ASC's REST API and the Microsoft Graph Security API
- Reliably deploy resources at scale, using JSON-based ARM templates
About This Book
For architects, designers, implementers, operations professionals, developers, and security specialists working in Microsoft Azure cloud or hybrid environments
For all IT professionals and decisionmakers concerned with the security of Azure environments