Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Tom McHale
For Tom, learning is only half the fun - the other half is sharing his experiences with readers using his trademark "half-cocked but right on target" style.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Starting from the very beginning, The Practical Guide to Reloading Ammunition will help readers understand the gear they need - and what can wait. Chapter by chapter, the book explains the entire process from brass cleaning to final inspection. Loaded with pictures and illustrations, the process is made simple and clear. With this book, readers will be reloading their own cost-effective ammunition quickly and safely.
The Practical Guide to Reloading ammunition focuses on the “how-to” aspects of reloading. Author Tom McHale explains.
“Think of reloading manuals as sheet music. And this book as Mrs. Clutterbuck’s piano lessons. If one develops a sudden urge to play Carnegie Hall, or even Bodean’s Wet Whistle Bar and Bait Shop, they could just order sheet music from the Internet. But it probably wouldn’t be the most direct path to ivory key success. Take some lessons first, then order the sheet music.”
Although the author believes reading this book will be a far more pleasant experience than weekly lessons in Mrs. Clutterbuck’s den, the idea is the same. The guide will teach aspiring reloaders how to get started.
• Why take up reloading?
• Is reloading right for you?
• What equipment do you need?
• Cleaning and processing brass.
• The reloading process: step by step.
• Pistol caliber reloading.
• Rifle caliber reloading.
• Buying reloading components.
• Advanced equipment options - how gear can speed up the process.
• Introduction to advanced topics.
The Practical Guide To Guns and Shooting, Handgun Edition will make you comfortable, safe, and knowledgeable in no time.
If you’re thinking about buying a gun, or maybe you recently got one, then you need this book. We’ll teach you what you need to know and with a bit of fun.
- Safe gun handling
- Different types of guns
- How to choose the right gun
- Lights, lasers, and accessories
- All about ammunition
- Basic shooting techniques
- How to become a great shooter
- How to practice at home - safely
- How to clean and maintain your gun
- Storing your guns safely
- Getting involved in competition
- Legal tips and resources
The Practical Guide to the United States Constitution offers an accurate but entertaining look at the founding documents. It covers the how's, what's, and why's of the United States Constitution, but with a side of fun.
The mission is simple: to make the Constitution so easy to understand that even a career politician can grasp it.
This Practical Guide covers the underlying concepts of natural rights and consent-based government. Hint: it's not to subpoena and investigate each other. The book also clarifies how each of the three primary founding documents, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, work together to define the goals, theory, and mechanics of the American system.
The heart of this constitutional owners’ manual is a simplified walk through the contents and meaning of the founding documents. If you’ve ever wanted to know what the Constitution really says, this book is for you.
Let’s face it. Choosing the best way to carry a gun can be a daunting task. Whether you’re new to guns or have been shooting since you were a wee tot, this book can help you understand concealed carry methods, how to carry a gun safely, and the relative pros and cons of over 120 specific holster models. We’ll even teach you several ways to carry a gun in your underwear.
This book will help you make the right choice - saving you time and money - while offering a dose of humor while you learn.
Why do you need a book to choose and buy a holster? A few reasons really.
- At last count, there are 4,187,237 different holsters on the market. Well, that might be an estimate, but there are a lot. If you had a dollar for each of those holsters, you could almost cover the Kardashians’ weekly clothing budget. So how do you choose the right holster with all those choices?
- Hardly any stores carry a wide selection of holsters. Sure they might carry a couple of brands, but will they have a brand right for you and the model specific to your gun? It’s kind of like trying to find just the right shade of Morning Tropical Ocean Breeze Sunrise interior house paint at your local convenience store. It’s just not likely to happen. And that leaves you the option of having to search and buy from… the internet. And we all know that you can’t always believe everything you read on the internet. Well, except Youtube comments. Those are almost always true and insightful.
- You can’t really try holsters out before you buy. Especially those underwear holsters. Gun store sales staff tend to get a little cranky when you start shedding clothes next to the ammunition aisle.
- There are many different styles of concealed carry. Every day, innovative gun folks are inventing new ways to safely and discreetly carry guns. The variety of options is great, but how do you know which style of carry is right for you?
The editors at MyGunCulture.com have painstakingly documented all the holsters we’ve tried over the years and provided helpful commentary about pros and cons of different holster styles. In other words, we’ve tried just about everything. We’ve had great successes. We’ve experienced colossal failures. We’ve listened to so many gun show huckster sales pitches that the late Billy Mays would be impressed. And the result? The Practical Guide to Gun Holsters for Concealed Carry.
- A brief and entertaining history of holsters.
- Weighing concealment versus accessibility
- Open or concealed carry? How to start an enthusiastic argument.
- Ladies only holster solutions.
- Belt carry holsters - inside, outside and underneath?
- Body carry solutions. Undershirts, belly bands, and harnesses.
- Ankle holsters. You think your ankles were swollen before?
- Pocket holsters. Why some work and others don't.
- You too can carry a gun in your underwear!
- Stashing guns in your clothing. Pants, shirts, and jackets.
- Off premises parking. Ways to carry a gun not attached to your body.
- Home, office and car holster options.
- Magazine carriers and pouches. Ways to easily carry spare ammunition.
Loaded with pictures and the occasional comedic illustration, this book will tell you just about everything you need to know regarding styles of carry and the pros and cons of dozens and dozens of holsters from numerous manufacturers.
Holsters are expensive.
In insanely practical fashion, we cover everything you need to know about the Springfield Amory XD-S pocket pistol family. Whether 9mm, .45 CP or the new 4.0 model - we show you how to safely use, maintain and accessorize your Springfield Armory XD-S.
Using light-hearted and plain English style, we provide easy to understand tips and advice. This book includes:
• A guided tour of the Springfield Armory XD-S
• How to shoot your XD-S
• Step by step cleaning and lubrication instructions
• Holster options
• Lasers, lights and sights
• Ammunition for your XD-S 9mm or .45 ACP
• Practical tips and tricks
• And more!