Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3-Year GPS Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
TomTom VIA 1515M 5-Inch GPS with Lifetime Map Updates
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY: 5-Inch Touchscreen Display with Split Screen Junction View
- FREE LIFETIME MAP UPDATES: Enjoy at least 4 full map updates per year at no extra cost for your navigation device
- IQ ROUTES: Using the world's biggest database of real travel times, the TomTom VIA GPS navigation devices will give you the fastest routes and most accurate arrival times
- CLEAR AND EASY NAVIGATION: Never miss a turn again with Advanced Lane Guidance. Get extra clarity when navigating complex junctions.
- EXPANSIVE MAP COVERAGE: Ready to navigate with the latest maps of the US, Canada, and Mexico already installed.
- EASYPORT CAR MOUNT: Travel in style with the new, slim design and integrated Fold and Go EasyPort mount.Lifetime Maps (US, Canada, Mexico)
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The VIA 1515M
Explore a new way of navigation—with the TomTom VIA.
The VIA 1515M comes with Free Lifetime Map Updates and a 5 inch screen for a better view of the road ahead. We’re here to ensure your journey is smooth, from start to finish.
This device is easy-to-use and includes TomTom Maps with IQ Routes and Map Share technology. Stay up-to-date with dynamic road changes on a daily basis, with maps that cover the US, Canada and Mexico.
Free Lifetime Map Updates
Always drive with the latest map. For the life of your product, you can download 4 or more full updates of the map on your device every year. You receive all updates to the road network, addresses and Points of Interest.
Split Screen Junction View
See two views at once and never miss an exit. In one glance, see a view of road signs with arrows indicating which exit to take.
With a bigger 5 inch screen, you can see your TomTom maps clearer than ever. Our touchscreen technology makes it easy to plug in a new destination, pull up a point of interest, or get extra information. So you can sit back and enjoy the ride, knowing that you've got the world's best navigation at your fingertips.
Some things change overnight and can delay your journey. Map Share helps you deal with the more frequent road changes. Daily Map changes include dynamic updates like new speed limit and blocked roads. Avoid detours and get to your destination even faster.
The world's biggest database of real travel times is built into every TomTom device. Which means you'll get the fastest routes and most accurate arrival times.
Points of Interest
Your pre-installed map has over 10 million POI's, from gas stations to hotels, so you're sure to find what you want. Local information - at your fingertips.
Your device comes with the latest maps of the US, Canada and Mexico installed already, so you are ready to navigate.
Spoken Street Names
Keep your eyes on the road with spoken instructions now include street names, to make turnings even clearer.
Our touchscreen technology makes it easy to plug in a new destination, pull up a point of interest, or get extra information. So you can sit back and enjoy the ride, knowing that you've got the world's best navigation at your fingertips.
Your device has a folding mount on the back, so it attaches easily to your windshield; use the optional disk to attach it to your dashboard.
5 inch (13 cm) 16:9 Resistive screen.
Screen resolution of 480 x 272 pixels.
What's in the box?
TomTom VIA 1515M device with prel-oaded maps.
The VIA 1515M is perfect for anyone who wants to travel throughout the US, Canada and Mexico. It also comes with Free Lifetime Map Updates, so your maps change when the roads do, for the life of your VIA. Every device in this series includes our TomTom Maps with IQ Routes and Map Share technology. These devices keep you up-to-date with dynamic road changes on a daily basis, with maps that cover the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What I liked:
- free lifetime updates for North America map. Full map coverage includes all 50 US States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands.
- has 3D map view and real time traffic updates
- has split screen junction view (2 views at once)
- has big 5’’ touchscreen
- slim design
- dual mounting system
- Over 10 mln point of interests (POI)
- has well working Text-to-Speech, Lane Assist, Voice Command and Turn-by-turn guidance
- uses USB for charging. Its very convenient as you can get now USB charger for cars with 4 ports and may easily connect not only your GPS but a phone or 2 to charge simultaneously
- has micro SD card slot for other / more maps
- has pedestrian mode
- covered with 1 year limited manufacture warranty
What I did not like:
- This GPS works slower than my old TomTom GO730. It takes it longer to plan routes and reroute. The RAM is smaller. If planning on big trips it can have some effect because of the time needed to wait for getting new routes.
- easyport mount is not removable from TomTom device. Its more convenient to be able to separate it from the device thus no need to stick it on window every time.
- does not have Bluetooth
- does not have voice recognition, no WAAS and no MP3 playback
- short battery life (3 hours)
- Height 5.38’’ in (13.66 cm)
- Width 3.75’’ in (9.52 cm)
- Depth 1.38’’ in (3.5 cm)
- Weight 0.481 pounds (218.17 gr)
- Tom Tom VIA 1515M device
- Easyport windshield mount
- Car charger
- USB cable for computer
- Free lifetime maps
- Adhesive disk
- Owner’s manual
This video review is for the TomTom portable GPS VIA 1515M model # 1EN5.052.08
I have paid full price for the TomTom VIA 1515M 5.0" GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps. I am not affiliate with TomTom or the seller of TomTom GPSs. If you found this review to be helpful, please click the "Yes" button below. Thanks!
Right out of the gate I was surprised and pleased with the online updating interface. Magellan's protocol was always clunky, and Tom Tom has perfected the process. It's literally plug-and-play (I use a Mac), and while not necessarily speedy (I guess it took about 10-12 minutes), it was really pretty easy.
The thing that one has to wrap their head around is that no GPS is perfect. I did experience some of the complaints that other users have mentioned in their own comments. Some of the criticisms I thought were valid, others didn't bother me. For instance, someone wrote that the device is slow to announce a road or freeway entrance, and that it doesn't happen until you're already making the turn. This is sadly true in many (but not all) instances. If you're a fast driver who likes to ride other people's bumpers (you know who you are), then this device will probably react too slowly for you. I, on the other hand, am one of those conservative, right-lane drivers who doesn't drive fast. Consequently, I was nearly always able to hear the name of the road or exit in time.
Another complaint is that the sound control isn't available on the main screen; you have to press a button each time to find it. I did find this to be true. However, you only have to press once and the sound display (including mute) is large and easy to operate quickly. In fact, I like that you don't have to un-mute it to re-start the sound again. Instead, you just press once and the sound comes back immediately.
I do find the Points of Interest feature to be somewhat clunky. Magellan's categories were much more robust (i.e. "grocery", "pharmacy," etc.), and Tom Tom has fewer, and also uses a few terms that are somewhat vague or unclear. That said, we were still able to find nearly everything we were looking for in the few times that we used it. Thankfully for the most part, we almost always either knew the address and/or the name of the business.
I do recommend that you go into settings and un-check the option for it to read entire overhead road signs for all state road and interstate designations. It got to be a mouthful to hear when you're in a major metropolitan area, and usually all you want to know is the primary highway name. It was great about saying "stay left" or "stay right" when you had an upcoming highway intersection or fork.
For the money, this is a really good unit. It isn't perfect, but you just have to remember that NONE of them are.
We had no problems with it at all and found the features to be very handy. The pictures make your route extremely clear and the color choices available make the screens easy to see no matter whether it's day or night. We previously had a TomTom for about 6 years and when that started having issues we replaced it with a Garmin that we did not like at all.
If you need a great, easy to understand GPS with a lot of features, this is the one for you.