TomTom GO 40S Portable Vehicle GPS
|Are Batteries Included||Yes|
|Screen Size||4.3 Inches|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||0.93 x 4.93 x 3.25 inches|
|Map Type||City Tour, North-america, Street|
|Battery Life||2.5 Hours|
|Memory Storage Capacity||8 GB|
About this item
- TomTom Traffic - Drive with world-class traffic information - Lifetime Via Smartphone
- 3D Maps - See buildings and landmarks in stunning 3D
- Lifetime North America Map Updates - Always drive with the latest map
- 4.3" Touch Screen
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Make the smartest driving decisions by knowing precisely what is going on around you and what lies ahead. Experience a new world of navigation.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
To correct this, use a different USB cable that only keeps the battery charged and is NOT for data transfer. I had several ones available, but only 2 out of 6 cords kept the display bright.
Overall, I am very pleased with it.
A few comments:
I cranked the type size up to maximum in the preferences. Makes directions more visible as you're driving.
The color scheme is more muted than the older versions. It's nice when you get used to it.
The "My Places" function is a little buried in the menu system. It would be nice if it was a little more immediately accessible.
I love the way it automatically turns on and off when you start the car. Makes it like it is part of the car's built in system.
The 6" screen is really nice.
The search function in this unit is very different from the older version. Usually works well. It's more like doing a Google search. Some times it doesn't find what you're after and then you have to be very specific with the address. But it always locks on once you spell it out correctly.
The voice is nice. Calling out the street names is really nice.
And the unit looks great on my dash. Very modern.
By RALPH on August 21, 2017
* The maps are clear and concise.
* The display is vibrant and colorful.
* The menu system is more user-friendly than earlier TomTom devices.
* The unlimited updates are well worth it.
* Battery life is pretty good.
* The most obvious flaw is the maximum volume. It is way too low and hard to hear, even under normal driving conditions with the radio off. I hope that TomTom addresses this problem with a firmware update.
* The screen size (6 inches) is pretty large. Mounting it on a dash or window does take up a significant amount of space and may be a distraction, depending on your vehicle. I probably should have got my wife the 5 inch model and she would have been just as happy.
* As with most TomTom devices, the English verbiage takes some time to getting used to.