Other Sellers on Amazon
3-Year GPS Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
TomTom GO 600 Portable Vehicle GPS
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- TomTom Traffic - Drive with world-class traffic information - Lifetime Via Smartphone
- 3D Maps - See buildings and landmarks in stunning 3D
- Internal memory - 8 GB; SD slot - microSD
- Interactive Maps - Put the world at your fingertips
- Lifetime North America Map Updates - Always drive with the latest map. 6.0" Capacitive Touch Screen. Please note: This product is battery operated.
- There are regular PND updates that the user needs to do by connecting the device to their computer. This is recommended once every three months. Upon purchase the customer should be registering their device, upon registration the user will then receive notifications on any and all updates and will be prompted to perform updates upon connecting to their PC. (Voice control instructions can be found in the user manual on page 78)
- 6 inch (15 cm) touch screen
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Make the smartest driving decisions by knowing precisely what is going on around you and what lies ahead. Experience a new world of navigation.
From the Manufacturer
TomTom GO 600
TOMTOM GETS YOU THERE FASTER
The all new TomTom GO has been completely re-designed to put you in control of your device. Make the smartest driving decisions by knowing precisely what is going on around you and what lies ahead with the world at your fingertips. The TomTom GO 600 comes with TomTom Traffic to get you to your destination faster and know exactly where you are with buildings and landmarks in stunning 3D.
Lifetime TomTom Traffic via Smartphone
TomTom traffic creates a vivid picture of traffic conditions as they evolve. Drive with world-class traffic information for the life of your device via your smartphone*. Get to your destination faster with precise and accurate, real-time information. TomTom Traffic covers more roads than any other GPS brand and pinpoints exactly where delays start and end so you always know your fastest route.
*Your smartphone needs to be compatible and come with a data plan. Extra costs may apply, check tomtom.com/connect for more information.
EXPERIENCE A NEW WORLD OF NAVIGATION — HIGHLIGHTS
Pinch to Zoom
Click here for a larger image
Click here for a larger image
Lifetime TomTom Traffic —
Click here for a larger image
Simply zoom in and out to find and explore places on the map with your fingertips. Tap on the map to get an instant route to your destination.
Pinch to Zoom
Simply Pinch to Zoom on the interactive map to find places and explore more of the world around you. Zoom in to find a point of interest on the map and zoom out to see what lies up ahead.
Tap & Go
Use Tap & Go to instantly get a route to your destination. Save time and get moving faster.
See buildings and landmarks in stunning 3D. With 3D Maps, you'll always know exactly where you are.
Essential traffic and travel information at a glance. The Route Bar shows precise traffic information on the road ahead.
Find your destination faster with intuitive search results. Quick Search starts to find your destination as soon you start typing.
See your favorite locations on the map. Personalize your map with My Places so you can easily find and navigate to your favorite locations again and again.
Lifetime TomTom Traffic — Smartphone Connected
Drive with world-class traffic information for the life of your device*. Get to your destination faster with precise and accurate, real-time information. TomTom Traffic pinpoints exactly where delays start and end so you always know your fastest route.
*Lifetime is the useful life of the device, so means the period of time that TomTom continues to support your device with software updates, services, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its life when none of these are available any more.
Map-making is in TomTom’s DNA; we’ve been making world-class maps for more than 25 years. We combine state-of-the-art technologies with real-time updates from the more than 21 million drivers in our Map Share community to create the most accurate and up-to-date maps available.
Our road network changes regularly. We work tirelessly to make sure you always have the most up-to-date map. With Lifetime Maps you can download the most recent map at least 4 times each year, for the life of your device.
Always drive with the latest map. Get to your destination faster with Lifetime Maps. For the life of your product, you can download 4 or more full updates of the map on your device every year. You receive all updates to the road network, addresses and Points of Interest.
The world’s largest database of real travel times gives you the fastest routes and the most accurate arrival times – it’s genius!
Benefit from free daily map changes, reported by the Map Share Community, and get to your destination without unwanted surprises.
DESIGNED FOR SMART NAVIGATION
6" Capacitive Touch Screen
See your next instruction better on our biggest and sharpest screen yet. With bigger menus and buttons on the extra-large 6″ screen, navigation is safe and easy.
Advanced Lane Guidance
Clearly shows which lane to take at junctions so you don't miss your turn. On the most difficult highway intersections, realistic 3D representation of the junction keeps you relaxed and safe.
Spoken Street Names
Helping you to keep your eyes on the road, spoken instructions now include street names, to make turns even clearer.
Click & Go Mount
Includes a USB car charger and cable. Magnetic mounting for fast and effortless one hand docking.
Find nearby parking with the aid of your TomTom device. Since Parking Assist is available throughout your journey, you can choose to navigate directly to the nearest parking garage when planning your route, or find parking en route — either near your destination or close to your current location.
WHICH TOMTOM GPS IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
|GO 50||GO 50 S||GO 500|
|GO 60||GO 60 S||GO 600|
| || || |
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. I feel that the user interface is just awful compared to every other TomTom I have owned. It seems little thought has gone into functionality and how users interact with GPS devices.
Here are a few examples: to navigate to your home (or any other saved place) requires at least 5 presses/swipes of the screen - why should it be that hard? It used to be much simpler in the older (and much better) TomTom units.
Another annoyance is that only 4 menu items are displayed on the screen when there is plenty of space to put 8... so you end up having to repeatedly swipe to find the menu item you want. Also, the menu ordering makes no sense - saved places are at the back, whereas the function to report a traffic camera is at the front - my guess is that you want to go places more often than report a traffic camera, so why not prioritize the menu accordingly?
Another annoyance is that the screen is nice and large but to open the menu you have to deftly target a little area at the bottom left of the screen... why make it so unnecessarily hard to open the menu?
2. Voice control simply does not work. It is completely useless, even after doing everything suggested by TomTom support. My guess is that the marketing guys absolutely needed this as a selling point and don't really care if it worked or not.
3. Android app. The app is always and and always in your notification bar. To disable this, you have to disable notifications for the app. Another annoyance.
4. Searching for points of interest along your route simply does not work - points of interest completely off your route are displayed (like half way across the state!), including those you passed an hour ago on a long trip. Why? This feature used to work quite nicely in older TomTom units, I'm disappointed that it's useless now.
I could go on and on. Let's just say I am disappointed simply by comparison to previous TomTom units. It's a shame because the display is huge and the moving map is very nice.
1. I still can't believe how big of a backwards step this GPS is. First, I cannot remember my old TomTom GPS' taking me to the wrong place but this one has done it 3 times already. See attached photo. Instead of taking me TO THE ADDRESS, it tried to take me to a point on a HIGHWAY close to the destination I chose from points of interest. Ridiculous. USE THE ADDRESS, NOT A GPS COORDINATE. YOU MAY NOT STOP ON AN INTERSTATE HIGHWAY, TOMTOM. This is simply not acceptable, especially as cheaper and older units would not have done that. (See photo. The star is my intended destination, but the GPS tried to route me onto the interstate)
2. Find a point along the route: Older TomTom's you could enter the NAME of a place along the route (e.g. Burger King), and it would find those names along the route. This version you have to search by category - for example, "Restaurants". Well, that's of no use to anyone as there are tens of thousands of restaurants along many routes.
3. The update software is clunky: Even when your phone is connected to the GPS it won't tell you that updates are available. To find that out you have to log in to your TomTom account on your PC. And then it only says you have updates available, it doesn't tell you WHAT the updates are so you can prioritize. I don't care about speeding camera updates so please don't waste my time with making me connect my GPS and downloading the updated to see what they are.
What a sad mess of a GPS. Poorly thought through.
- When routing, and based on traffic its coming up with a faster way, it doesn't give you the option to ignore the traffic. This is especially nice when the accident is a long way away and by the time you get there it could be gone anyway. Was nice to have the option. Especially nice when going through major cities (or not) where the detour around via an outer loop can add many miles. Also, nice for places like Long Island where there are several ways to get somewhere.
- The fact you can't turn off the My Places on the map is really bizarre. It covers up the map and makes it much less useful. Not sure what they were thinking. I know you can manually zoom into places, but the fewer times I have to do anything other than driving is safer.
- In the "Find POI along route" - the XXL would show you how far off the route the location was. Sometimes the location was right on the route, and sometimes OK to take a bit more of a detour.
- On the XXL you could hit the traffic bar and it would show you where the issues were and you could get more details and pick minimize delays to see if a faster route was available.
- Us geeks like to have extras on the display - why not the altitude? I live in the the Western US and it's nice to know your altitude. With my XXL I had installed a little program that displayed altitude in the lower-right and it was amazingly accurate (+/- 50' or so) and was quite nice. Would be nice to be able to display such details in the corners.
All the above could be solved with software updates. Hope someone at TomTom is listening as these details are what people want to pay the money for a dedicated GPS rather than a Smart phone. If they don't work to stay ahead they are going to continue to lose market share.