Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on August 1, 2017
Ah yes, yet another edition to the ever growing Tomb Raider franchise. I own this on the Wii, and while it seems like an unconventional platform, it was quite fun on the console. During the Steam summer sale (and the Amazon sale), I saw the game or $1.79, and I thought there would be no waste of money.
The game itself is very fun, putting aside the fact that the graphics are from 2007. The controls are smooth and clean, even with me mapping them to a controller. The storyline itself is very stable, but there are a few glitches if you are playing on a Windows 10 64-bit. I did notice that there is a black line going across the screen every so often, similar to on an old TV. But overall, the game runs fine.
on January 8, 2013
Usually when I play a remake of a game, I assume it's not going to be as great as the original (think Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, although that wasn't technically a remake so much as a re-imagining.) However, Tomb Raider: Anniversary was actually pretty good. The controls took me a lot of getting used to (I mainly play WoW on my PC) and sure, there are a few glitches that made me cuss at my computer and consider punching my monitor, but those can be fixed with a simple Google search. (You'll likely die 4 or 5 times before you bother to look the glitch up.) I'm giving it 5 stars because it was a great game, I had a great time, and you can tell through the details that the developers worked really hard on this.
on November 4, 2013
I have never written game review before. I am an older guy who plays PC Games on occasions just for the heck of it. Tomb Raider has great graphics, a super storyline, lots of challenges and a whole bunch of action. I just finished it (it's not short) and can't wait to have another go at it! Try it, you'll like it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2012
If you like the old Tomb Raiders and Legend you're going to love this game. This is basically Legend 2, and Legend was a true gem

If you like Underworld and Guardian of Light, you might still like this game but it's less like those two.

Gameplay/Graphics/Sound - 10/10

Gameplay is classic Tomb Raider. Puzzles and shooting the occasional T-Rex. Graphics I actually turned down a few notches just to save wear on my GPU and it was still awesome. Sound gave a nice ambient effect and gave you hints at what was going to happen. Very integrated and enjoyable.

Story - I don't really watch the story much in these games, you could probably find that elsewhere. That's not why I play these. I like to solve things.

Bad - It was too short for me. I probably got 20 hours in my first run, though that was not finding every artifact and have yet to do a replay. I also have Lara's manor to go through.

Overall it was well worth the 10 bucks I paid. Pick it up, you won't regret it.
on August 5, 2013
I bought this game for my brother. I've never palyed it before, and I was not so curious about it since I knew that the first one was really great. But I was surprised when I realise this one is a really good game too.
4 out of 5 for making me play LC:TR again after so many years.
on November 20, 2016
fun game and fast moving
on January 3, 2017
GREAT
on July 18, 2013
Sure I can .. but I can't play it ... this is a remake of the older version but Amazon's Steam Involvement is not so easy to do .... keep getting a message "need a vailid Email." and I have three that are receiving emails from others...
on January 4, 2013
I love the Tom Raider series and went back to it over the holidays for this new game. I debated whether I should buy the cd-rom, but there was a special listed on Amazon for the download game code and I like a bargain. However, it required using Steam, an online gaming play site. The registration process and instructions were so bad that I had to call Amazon technical help twice - both for registering and then again for getting the download to work. My other Tomb Raider games on cd-rom just had to be run and always worked. Even the tech help (a really nice and helpful technician) had to check with his colleagues in order to find the screen where I had to enter my client code. If you just go to the main Steamer site, there is no place to enter the code - only a long list of games to buy. Amazon really needs to revise its instructions for the download and connection to Steam. As for the game, the kids' version on play station for the same game is easier to play than this download version for PC. I am still at the beginning, where the grapple does not work with the instruction to press jump (space bar) and the letter q. How do I get off this ledge? If the controls do not work at this stage, what do I do later? I would love to be able to go back to the simpler "Tomb Raider 1 - controls always worked although Lara did not run or work as smoothly. Aldso, Steam shuts down slowly -- it is the last to close when I shut down my computer.
on January 17, 2015
I absolutely love this game...never played it on a computer before....but think its great!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.