Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on September 22, 2016
I was a huge fan of this game in the 90s. I loved the puzzles and how you really had to think your way through the problems. I was really hoping that I would love the reboot too, and I do!
Laura's new origin story is awesome. It's fun to play her and to see her develop her mad Maverick skills.
The animation is fantastic and I absolutely love the visual effects in the game. The scenes in the forest, the tombs, the mountains and other areas in the game are gorgeous! And some of them a scary, and kind of freak me out! lol
This is an action packed game, and there is so much more going on in this one than in the original ones from the 90s. I love the depth that they gave all of the characters, and I can't say enough good things about this game. I just love it and I'm so happy with it. It's so much fun to play! It's exciting and delivers an insane adrenaline rush.
Oh and another aspect that I love about this game is that it's fun for people to watch. When I play it, my boyfriend is usually with me, and he'll shout, "NO!" or "hurry, hurry...go go go!!!" when he's watching the action and adventure unfold as I play.
There's so much to love about this game. Did I already say that? Anyways, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 17, 2016
I have played many Tomb Raider games in many consoles throught the years (PC, PS1, Wii) so I have been able to experience some great games, but none of those previous games comes close to the MASTERPIECE that this game is.

About a year ago, I bought my PS4 and some games, including Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. I did not have my hopes too high because I have read some mixed reviews on this game, so when I started to play the game I was completely overwhelmed by how good it is. I am going to divide my review in parts so that I can explain each aspect in a much more detailed way. I want to clarify that the game has a multiplayer mode but I have not played it because I am not really fond of those.

STORY/PLOT (No spoilers):
The story is amazing; you get in it right from the start. The more you play the game, the more you sympathize with Lara. You do not start with your complete equipment right from the start, so you really feel like a survivor when you have to hunt and craft your weapons or upgrades. The story is long and it has some interesting plot-twists that players will love.

GRAPHICS:
The game looks incredible; the graphics are top-notch. Everything looks very good; I have seen some comparison videos of the PS3 and PS4 versions and you can clearly see that it has improved a lot. Lara Croft looks very real, throughout the game her clothes react to the way you play (i.e: if they shoot you, the blood will remain in her shirt). The other characters and the environments look very good as well. There were some missions in which it was raining and the water drops reflected the light from the thunders up above.

GAMEPLAY:
Now, this is one of the most important facts of a game. In this case, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition has a great gameplay because it is easy to learn but difficult to master. The controls are very intuitive, but if you do not like them, you can always change them later in options. The game is very cleverly made because in almost all missions you can choose to sneak and attack enemies one by one or you can go against all of them head-on (but you have to be careful because ammo is not infinite and you have to be very wise regarding it).

All in all, I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants to play a game with a great plot, graphics and gameplay and a high replay value. It is an amazing game that will remain in your mind long after you finish it.
on April 11, 2017
The game is phenomenal.
Story: This is the reboot of the series, we are playing the origin of Lara Corft. (Don't wanna say what she and crew are trying to find cause it's pretty interesting.

Gameplay: The shooting mechanics aren't terrible, but you need to get learn how to use the arrow properly. You can use guns, but I prefer to use bow and arrows since it's usually a one hit kill if you're able to shoot the enemies around the upper body. I think there are two bosses, but really aren't that hard. The first boss pretty much require constant shooting with guns, the other you have to learn it's pattern and actually find the weakness. Sadly, the enemies aren't that smart. There are three types of enemy: swords, gunners / arrow, and demolation. As the game progress, some enemies will be wearing armor. There are checkpoints where you can upgrade your guns and skills. Overall, gameplay is great.

Overall: There is mutiplayer, but I haven't played since there isn't anyone on it at this time. But for a single player experience, it's a definite purchase. The biggest con to this, and it's not that bad, is the orgin story. For a reboot, there are plot holes that i think fans of the series would already know. For Example: Who is Lara Croft's Dad? Now of course you can search it up and know. But, to mention his name mutiple times and not give enough backstory for him in the game is a shame. Clearly, in the story something about Lara Croft father's is what made Lara insprie to to explore myths.

For it's price currently, I think it's a steal. GO BUY IT!
on March 21, 2017
I beat Rise of the Tomb Raider before I played this, because my homie claimed I should play that one first, but after beating the game, and playing this one I realized I probably should've played Definitive first, because on the back on the cover it even says "Lara's FIRST mission" on well. Anyways, I guess it really doesn't matter, because both games are pretty much stand-alone. However, when I started playing this game I've noticed she had none of her weapons, and not even the axe for climbing, or the bow and arrow. Anyways, this game is amazing, action packed, and most definitely frightening at times, because you just don't know what to except.
on May 16, 2015
I had a lot of fun playing this game. I guess I got about 25 hours of playing time from it. I agree with other comments that say the games re-playability factor isn't very high because of not having a New Game + feature. I understand the reasoning because the game is structured to give you access to new weapons at certain points in the game so as not to make it too easy. But, they could have handled that the way they did it in the game 'The Last Of Us' where when you do get the new weapon it is upgraded to what is was when you finished the last game. For what I paid for the game (about $25) it was worth the money. The one thing I don't like is that a lot of the trophies can only be gotten in multiplayer games and to do multiplayer you have to have a Playstation Plus account, which up to now I haven't decided to pay for that service!
on March 23, 2016
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game. This is the first tomb raider that 100% grabbed my attention from start to finish. The gameplay is fluid and fun, the story is immersive and engaging, and the graphics are gritty and realistic. This was in my top 3 ps4 games before it stopped working. This game was amazing (only beaten out by the last of us which had one of the single greatest storytelling experiences of all gaming history) in how highly I enjoyed it. I can't wait to play the next in the lineup - please let it be like going from uncharted to uncharted 2......
on July 5, 2015
It came on the first day it was scheduled mon-Friday and it came on Monday. I love this game and to get for only $22.00 is amazing and I'm glad I did. I have TR for ps3 but I wanted it for PS4 in hi-def. The only problem was that the way it got delivered, I grabbed the package and heard rattling, the CD was moving around inside the sealed game case. So when I opened it (took all the plastic off) the Game kinda flew up in the air falling down on my desk. And everyone who buys this game you should all know there is a corruption issue when you are playing the story mode. During the helicopter scene at night my saved data crashed and I had to restart the campaign on saved files 2 and 3 because file 1 is corrupt and CANNOT be overwritten at ALL!!! So just a Warning out there for all you people it's square enix fault but just make sure when you are playing to save your data on atleast 2 save slots because if you don't and your file corrupts you gotta start all over.
on March 28, 2016
This game is my first entry to the Tomb Raider franchise and to be honest I've never been interested because I found the games unexpiring...but...I found the more dark- toned direction a better suit for the series, rather than making the same mistakes again. TRD has really crisp graphics and its really polished;however, I would've liked more animal types in the wilderness since only wild wolves seem to attack you(so cheap). The combat is great even thought you only face a couple of foes at once. There are multiple ways to take- on enemies; you can storm them with bullets or you can use stealth. I find the stealthy option to be unpolished because you can easily get caught and more ways to kill would have been nice. The story is crappy,unexpiring but and It wont win any awards ,but I've seen worse. The characters in this game could have been more like Nathan Drake and Victor sullivan because they look lame and they talk lame!

Overall I find this TRD to be badass! It's not a perfect title ,despite that I enjoy the combat, the weapons modifications,graphics, and the dark theme. I recommend this game for the newbies and for the TRD veterans alike so If you like action/puzzle games this one is a keeper.
on February 28, 2014
Lara goes through hell in this game. She gets punctured by a stalagmite, attacked by wolves, tumbles down multiple cliff sides, and is punched, stabbed, blown up, and shot by a variety of enemies. All of this is done with extreme realism. When she pulls the stalagmite out of her side, you feel it. Afterward, Lara limps along, clutching her side which visibly shows the bleeding wound. Because she's not just a caricature, these moments have greater impact. She goes through more punishment here than any character I've ever seen in a video game. This new re-imagining is not for the faint of heart. It's not without purpose either, as it's one of the most viscerally thrilling games I've ever played. The mysterious, nightmarish island that Lara gets stranded on is full of wildlife to hunt, treasures to uncover, and of course, tombs to raid. You gain currency and xp as you go to upgrade weapons and skills. It's not open-world, but the large areas are designed to be re-explored. There's multiplayer that's fun enough, but getting disconnected after every match and struggling to find enough players is discouraging. This PS4 "Definitive Edition" includes subtle graphical upgrades, 1080p resolution, and 50-60fps over the 30fps on PS3. Lara begins her journey unsure and scared, and emerges at the end as strong and capable. As an action-adventure about her fight for survival, this is one helluva game.

--- 5 STARS ---
on June 30, 2016
This is a excellent re-master of Tomb Raider. I never played the original PS3 edition and my laptop cannot run the PC version well so I appreciated a low cost PS4 version.
Story: Game is well paced with a very linear on the rails plot but allows for easy exploring for crafting and collectables on the side without disrupting the main story. It's a well contained origin story an was entertaining. I did flinch a lot when it came to Laura getting injured over and over. I understand they wanted to create a sense of vulnerability you don't see in the action-adventure genre (I'm looking at you Uncharted) but it was gratuitous at times.
Graphics: The visuals hold up pretty well with a nice constant 60fps with medium details. I was impressed that they managed so many of the water details for damp clothes and rain on the PS4. It's obviously on medium details but it is visually stunning and one of the best looking games I've played on console.
Sound: Not a stand out here. The soundtrack was appropriately eery but often faded to the background and the climatic moments were generic as far as music goes. The background noise and sound effects were very good. I especially appreciated the immersive reverb of a taunt bowstring from my controller audio and my TV speakers.
Gameplay: Gameplay is addicting and exciting. Whether it's in 30-60 minutes bursts or hour slogs the gameplay will keep you riveted. I enjoyed the pacing of abilities that made the beginning of the game tens (though not difficult). The platforming is a mix of older style puzzles and moving around the map with various tools like ziplines and climbing gear. The combat is a bit clunky and lends itself heavily to stealth but by midgame there were some shooting sequences that I would describe as thrilling. Don't go expecting an amazing shooter or melee combat. Upgrades and crafting were basic and comparable to Uncharted and other games in the genre.

**shipped very quickly with no damage. Does not contain instruction manual but is not a problem. The in-game tutorial is fine.**

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.