Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

"Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition" PS4 version runs at 60FPS! The XBone version only at 30FPS.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 23, 2014 3:15:49 AM PST
Killbin says:
"Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition" PS4 version runs at 60FPS! The XBone version only at 30FPS.

Link: http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/634579-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-ps4-version-runs-at-60-fps-xbox-one-at-30-fps

So thanks to the stronger hardware of the PS4,
this game runs at 60 frames-per-second.

Kind Regards

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 9:13:50 PM PST
Gadget says:
Really? And I thought my Prius was the best.

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 11:27:25 AM PST
Brandon Loyd says:
sigh.....Killbin. Please wait til digital Foundry. The X1 is above 40 fps often and dips into 30s during action. The Ps4 dips into the 40s when theirs action

there truly is only 15 fps difference at all times if not less. Just like your killzone shadowfall that claimed 60 fps but is always in 40s

Posted on Jan 26, 2014 12:20:29 PM PST
A. C. NELSON says:
Microsoft Defense Force Unite!!!!!

People need to get over the fact that the Multi plat games this generation are going to look better on the PS4.

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 7:16:30 AM PST
ChomskyKnows says:
Is there any evidence in the world that frames per second actually make a game "look" better? I remember this 60fps crap when ID brought RAGE out and the game still sucked anyway...

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 7:31:19 AM PST
D. Snow says:
If Tomb Raider isn't proof positive that PS4 is much more powerful than XBone, than I don't know what is! 60fps vs 30fps, it's clear as day! And PS4 Tomb Raider has better effects and eye candy too...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2014 7:34:30 AM PST
Or you shut it and let people buy whatever they choose instead of trying to constantly start flame wars over marginal differences in graphics. After all, the world knows graphics make a game, not the actual mechanics or story, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2014 8:06:54 AM PST
D. Snow says:
If games were just 'mechanics and story', then why pay 500 bucks for the XBone? Why not just keep playing on XBox360 or PS3? Graphics are very important, that's what sells next-gen consoles!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2014 4:40:46 PM PST
Gio-man says:
if games were just about graphics everyone would just get a pc and all these console wars would be over... and no not everything is about graphics, i have a high end home build pc and though my pc gets way more fps and better quality on games that are multiplatform i still end up buying consoles, why you ask? because games don't need fancy graphics or high fps rate to be good. the story and mechanics are what makes a game good, i know it's hard to believe but it's true! i end up buying the wiiu even if it's the lowest powered next gen console, why? because they are "fun", the GRAPHICS seem outdated but if you see some of the best pc games have OUTDATED graphics... tf2 became popular years ago and they use a freaking old engine for it. so games are not all about them graphics but how they play, the end. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2014 5:44:39 PM PST
D. Snow says:
>if games were just about graphics everyone would just get a pc and all these console wars would be over

You know that's not true. For the average gamer, PC's are too expensive, too complicated, and require too much maintenance.

>i end up buying the wiiu even if it's the lowest powered next gen console, why? because they are "fun"

The Wii-U is worth owning because it's from Nintendo and the control tablet is a totally new feature for a console. Too bad Wii-U games are taking a long time to come out...

The truth is that if Sony and Microsoft want people to buy the next-gen consoles, they have to offer a big improvement over the PS3 & XBox360, both of which are still great consoles with tons of good games.

XBone can't even handle 1080p consistently, and the Kinect camera is clumsy and buggy and offers very little advantage over a good Harmony remote control. After the novelty of "XBox On" and "Watch ESPN" wears off, the Kinect offers very little. But every XBone buyer is forced to pay $100 for it!

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 6:23:09 PM PST
Gio-man says:
it all comes down to money and if you want to spent that money on games i guess. i'm not bothered by it cause all consoles have at least one exclusive that makes the console a solid purchase for me. xbox one having killer instinct (yea only bought it for that one game atm...) and it might have titanfall but i'll leave that one for my pc (doesn't have splitscreen so why even bother with it on xbox one). wiiu has those the mario games and hidden gems. and ps4 i haven't tried yet but later this year ;). and not supporting or hating any console but they all have their negatives and positives. no console is perfect and superior, and that goes for pc also. (lacks offline coop most of the time so no friend over to play unless they have a pc and we lane but that is rare around here)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jan 23, 2014
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about