Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on September 11, 2017
I have been using various products from Tommy Hilfiger for a long time. Based on the experience and satisfaction with other products from Tommy, I decided to buy this watch as a gift for a friend. Everything seemed perfect at first: the price was reasonable, the face was great, and it had all the features I expected from a watch. When I received the watch, that beautiful image of a Tommy product faded. First, I found that it says “China Movement” which is kind of odd for watches; I have seen watches with Swiss or Japan movement and this is the first time I see Chinese movement. Second, the watch did not come with a warranty, neither the manufacturer’s (10-year warranty) nor the Amazon’s (2-year warranty provided by Asurion, LLC). Third, the band was also somehow stiff and hard to bend which I thought could get more malleable after being used for a while. With all these, I decided to return the item. However, upon returning I accepted Amazon’s suggestion to replace the item with another one at least with a warranty (I already explained the reason for return as not having the warranty). A couple of days later, when I received the replaced one, I still found no warranty. Instead, I got a watch with a scratched band and no face sticker! It seemed to me that I received a used one. I even checked Tommy’s website to see whether the serial number given for the watch is working for product registration and quite astonishingly found that the watch is not listed among the ones manufactured by Tommy, or at least I could not see it. So, with all my enthusiasm to Tommy’s products especially the jeans and perfumes, I will not recommend buying this watch. I think this is a waste of money.
8 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 1, 2015
First I want to say that I love this watch and have from the moment it came out of the box. I was concerned, reading some of the reviews, that I'd get a refurbished or used watch, but that was not the case. This was brand new. I also spent a lot of time (more than I probably should have) in choosing this watch from the hundreds available in many brands. For me, Tommy Hilfiger and Skagen offered much of the look I like.

I was torn between 4 or 5 stars, but settled on 4 because the watch does not seem to have a way to set the actual day of the week other than to spin the hour and minute until you get to the actual day of the week. If you keep in mind "30 days has September, April, June and November" you'll be doing this five times a year when you need to skip from 30 to 1...and more on February. I spoke to MOVADO's customer service (they service Tommy Hilfiger's watches) and that was the outcome. I find it strange that you can directly change everything else BUT the day of the week, but, so it is. Customer service, by the way, was superb both at Hilfiger and Movado. She did mention there are other watches that have this way of functioning.

The watch itself is really nice. It may be too big for some of you but for me, compared to Invicta's watches which are huge, this one was just fine. It also depends on your size. If you're a 6' 5" guy, go with large. If you're 5' 8" go smaller. Amazon shows the different sizes in the image and this may or may not be helpful, but if you have any doubts, I would suggest this for some idea:

Regular sized watches for men: 34-36 mm
Large (common these days): 44-48 mm
Big Ben gigantic (the watch will be pretty much wearing you): 50-54 mm

This Tommy Hilfiger watch is 44mm, so it is just at the low-large range.

I was originally concerned that I would not be able to see the minute and hour hands well, as all the stainless steel seemed to mesh in the image, but in real life, everything stands out great. I wanted a watch that I could use in casual settings without it looking like I was going skydiving or mountain climbing (or joining the military cast of Alien!), and this watch did it. It could almost go dressy, but I go with Skagen for that unless you want to spend more, in which case I'd recommend Hamilton watches. I have had a Hamilton for 22 years and they are superb, classic watches (and automatic).

The actual leather band is dark brown, almost black, so this is great if you want to use the watch with clothing and shoes that go either way. I usually prefer a black leather band because it goes with anything, but this one works, too. To put to rest a review comment I saw in here, the band is NOT reversible. Also, someone commented the band was cheap. It is not but eventually, as with all leather bands, it will wear out. You can just replace it. The band width is 22 mm. You can replace it at anytime by buying another one that size if you have the tools to do it yourself (I'd suggest you get some, also to change watch batteries with ease and save you time and money)...or go to a jewelry store that sells and replaces watch bands.
7 people found this helpful
review image
9 people found this helpful
on January 12, 2017
I bought this watch for me husband for Christmas. He LOVES it and it looks
really good on his wrist.
The watch looks so much better in person then the picture.
Highly recommend!!
One person found this helpful
on February 9, 2017
This watch is truly very beautiful. I've had it for around a month now and it holds time really accurately. The leather band is very comfortable and the watch is down right gorgeous. The one small issue is that the second hand clicks slightly off center, but I strongly encourage you to not let that stop you from getting this watch. At least for me, that wasn't an issue that bothered me. Would definitely recommend!
One person found this helpful
on July 29, 2013
Not all of us watch collectors are going to purchase $1000 watches. This watch is a GREAT size for a man and doesn't look small on your wrist at all. Second, the watch absolutely looks great, works very well, and I enjoy wearing it. I have had multiple positive comments on the watch, on how great it looked. I am very glad I purchased this watch, it just looks like its so much more expensive and does not have any cheap feel.

It just looks amazingly classy and I am so happy to have it in my collection.
on April 25, 2018
I bought it for my brother as a gift and he loved it! Everything is perfect as it goes with both blue, brown and black color combination.
on July 22, 2016
Good watch, looks great and elegant.
2 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2016
Bought this as a gift. He loves it and hasn't taken it off since. The strap gives a lot of options for sizing. The adjustments weren't difficult to figure out either, but came with instructions anyway.