Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tommy Hilfiger Men's Leather Cambridge Passcase Wallet
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on September 26, 2014
High quality leather, perfect size and it comes in a really nice box.. I love it
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2012
I recently purchased the Tommy Hilfiger Mens Cambridge Passcase wallet in brown leather and overall I'm satisfied with this product.

Pros:

- Aesthetically the wallet is smooth and sleek, the brown leather is a nice appropriate color with a little shine under light.

- Removal Passbook, has 4 credit card pockets and 2 translucent card slots (one of both ends of the passbook, with the 4 credit card pockets in-between).

- Two large main pockets for cash and other materials/papers.

- Overall 10 pockets in this wallet

- Stitching seems really well-done, but let's wait and see how it endures after several months of use.

- Good inexpensive price

- The wallet comes in a quality (navy blue) leather gift box

Cons:

- You can argue that there isn't a zipper coin pocket in this wallet. Then again adding one would just widen this sleek wallet more. It depends on what your needs are for a wallet.

Nothing noticeably bad to say about this wallet, though keep in mind I recently purchased it. If this wallet unexpectedly deteriorates I will update the review. As of now a 5/5.

--------

Update: January 20, 2013

I am revising my rating of this wallet and downgrading the five-star rating to a 4-star. The problem is the with 4 translucent credit card pockets, the pocket seals have separated and are torn open, in spite of the fact I am very gentle with this wallet. Please see uploaded photos for better understanding of this annoying problem.

4 Stars
88 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2011
I purchased the Hilfiger Cambridge Passcase, because there were times I wanted to carry just my ID and one credit card, and I thought the removable insert would be perfect for this. Then, I realized I was driving around without my auto club card, so I put that in the insert. Then, I realized I could use the insert as a sort of money clip (that doesn't actually clip) and fold some bills inside. This configuration works perfect for me! I don't even use the outer part anymore.

The insert has two, clear, inside pockets. I have my ID in one and my auto club card in the other. There are thumb slots in the clear plastic, so that you can slide them out more easily, which is good as the fit is pretty tight. On the outside of the insert, there are two leather card pockets on one side. I have a credit card in one, and I leave the other empty to reduce bulk. When I travel for business, I put a company credit card there. Right now, I have eight bills inside, and they stick out a little, but not enough to bother me. If they're lined up well, it's probably less than 1/16". With the items I've mentioned above and a few credit card receipts, the insert closes fine and is still pretty thin. I don't have a ruler handy, but it's about as thick as my iPhone 4s in its silicone skin case. Without the bills, it's maybe 2/3 of that.

When I used the inner and outer sections as a whole unit, it was a bit bulky for me, and being brand new, it was a bit stiff. I'm sure the leather would've softened over time and fit around my stuff better, but as I said, I realized I didn't need to carry as much as I had been. I think I had credit cards in most of the pockets, along with some business cards, and maybe a couple of frequent buyer type cards. This made the whole unit kind of thick, and the new, stiff leather made it feel even thicker.

I'm not sure what use most people would have for a passcase wallet, but the insert is the perfect, tiny wallet for me. The outer part holds all my other stuff which I take with me only when needed. I'm the kind of guy who likes having everything all the time, but going minimal has worked out pretty well so far, as long as I plan ahead.
on November 21, 2012
It is A very good quality wallet, There is alot of storage, but the plastic extra credit card are poor quality > .....

I like it
on March 11, 2014
I ordered this wallet about 3 months ago and have used it like any other wallet, but it is already falling apart. The threading is coming off and I'll soon have to order another. I wouldn't recommend this product for anyone.
on December 2, 2014
bad product, not as good as shown on photos. very bad material loos like i can use is for one month... cheaply made and not good for its price
on January 29, 2012
Very nice leather, clean stitching and nice liner. 4 stars because of the removable passcase design.
Made smaller to fit a regular size wallet, so credit cards and ID slots for it are even smaller. Very tight to slide cards/IDs in/out and when you put 2 cards on the back slots with ID in too, it gets even tighter. Very tough to pull/put in cards compared to the normal size slots on the wallet.
I had to put my ID on the other side of the removable passcase because the 2 most used cards I plan to carry with me in it makes it too tight to take cards out. Instead I put my paper insurance card on the side that flips up so I can pull the cards on the back out easier. But foresee inconvenience of having to pull it out to show my ID.
But overall very nice wallet, my buying point was the removable passcase with card slots. Just seems like the card slots was an after thought in the design and the size of the slots are not standard size.
on September 21, 2012
I have purchased many many items through Amazon, and have always thoroughly enjoyed products in part because i did the research and read reviews. This is a rare instance in which i found the quality to be completely worthless. 2 MONTHS following purchase there was a large hole between the double-billfold pockets. Its a shame because its a beautiful product by Hilfiger, but substance over style should be the mantra for a wallet. No abuse took place, and i kept very little in this wallet at all times.. just inexcusable on every level

I have owned several Dockers wallets including the most popular one listed on Amazon with 130 or so reviews, which i believe has the highest review rating on here for Mens wallets.. and i completely agree. Take that wallet or something else over this, it lasted forever despite water damage. Im giving Nautica a shot with its reviews. You've been warned...
on February 20, 2013
I bought this wallet based on the good looking ratings and images.
But when I received it I was astonished by how beautiful it actually looked and felt.

The packaging was great too. Great as a gift. I recommend it.
on May 31, 2013
I was skeptical about buying a 20$ wallet. I usually just bought mine at Wal-Mart and called it a day, and I had had my last wallet for about six+ years. This is a high quality wallet, friends. It smelled of good leather when I took it out of the box (the box itself was covered in leather) and looks plain enough that it is still just a wallet. I didn't want anything fancy. The best part about this wallet? The ID case. It has two windows, which is perfect for my school ID and my state ID. Plus, the whole two windows can actually be removed from the wallet itself! I don't know why that's so cool, but it just seems more handy to hand the windows to the liquor store clerk than my entire wallet.

EDIT 6.24.13: I've noticed that the slot where I keep my debit card, being on the outside of the passport flip section, is starting to peel off its gorgeous brown color. I thought at first this was my debit card adhering to the leather, but after I scratched it a little, the spot expanded. Not what I was expecting. So far it is just a little spot, but the spot isn't the problem. The problem is the PEELING in general. Is this just paint on leather or what? Very disappointing.

EDIT 8.1.13: Another thing just came to my attention. The bill slots (there are two spaces for paper money, separated by a thin layer of the same cloth that separates the leather exterior and the leather interior) are terrible for holding money. Typically, I am a plastic only kinda guy, but I recently had to carry around money for the first time with this wallet. It was nearly impossible to get the money into the wallet. Maybe new bills would be better, but this was uber frustrating. It is a gorgeous wallet, but its functionality is questionable. So it is down from three stars, to two.