Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on October 24, 2015
So, I needed some suits and Amazon was having a sale, so I ordered up the following 6 suits:

Nautica Men's Classic Fit 2 Button Side Vent Nested Suit, Charcoal, 40 Regular
Presidential Giorgio Napoli Two Button Mens Suit Modern Classic Fit (40 Long US / 50L EU / W 34", Charcoal Gray)
Presidential Giorgio Napoli Two Button Mens Suit Modern Classic Fit (40 Long US / 50L EU / W 34", Light Gray)
U.S. Polo Assn. Men's Solid Suit, Dark Grey, 40 Long
Tommy Hilfiger Men's Cashman Pin Dot 2 Button Side Vent Suit w/ Flat Front Pant, Grey Pin Dot, 40 Long
Tommy Hilfiger Men's Nathan 2 Button Side Vent Suit, Navy Stripe, 40 Long

I’m a 33-34” waist,, 34” inseam, 6’4” 190lbs, slender shoulders. My typical jacket size is a 40L. I was looking for a suit with a nice fitted jacket, but without the skinny-fit legs that seem so popular now.

Nautica:
I knew that I was taking a chance with a 40R, but I figured it didn’t cost Amazon much more to throw an extra suit in the box.

Nautica Pros: The pants fit nice, not too tight, not too loose, with a fairly straight leg cut. They were comfortable to sit in. They were actually tied for my favorite pant cut. Construction seemed really good overall with everything in place, and not a lot of loose/sloppy threading.

Nautica Cons:. The pockets had a cheap, stiff liner that reminded you every time you put your hands in them that you were wearing a cheap suit. Confidence-killer. The jacket, while a Regular, not a Long, I could tell still had a very boxy cut. The fabric had a touch of sheen that showed off a fairly un-refined finish (a little bit of micropilling).

Nautica Overall: No surprise, but the jacket was short, so it’s going back. Even if it had fit, I don’t think I would have been happy with the boxy cut. Good pant cut, bad jacket cut. God construction, but fabric seemed cheap. If you get this on super sale, it’s not a bad working man’s suit, but you can do better for the money.

Giorgio Napoli:
I had them send two of the same suit in different colors: Charcoal and Light Gray

Giorgio Pros: This was listed as a classic fit, so I was expecting something less tailored, but the jacket was actually not too boxy. For a bigger person, this would be a great fit, it just didn’t fit my frame. The fabric for both actually looked really nice. Even if someone’s petting your jacket, they won’t know with certainty that it’s 100% polyester. Both colors looked good. There’s a grippy rubber threading inside the waistband that keeps your shirt in pace; ingenious.

Giorgio Cons: The pant fit was really bad. Thanks to biking, I had larger thighs in proportion to the rest of my body, so there was only a little fabric left in the thigh area. That said, in the hips and butt, everything seemed too loose. The leg opening was overly wide. There were unclipped threads everywhere. This is nothing that couldn’t be fixed with 10 minutes and some scissors, but considering the rest of the construction was pretty boring, the lack of polish was more glaring.

Giorgio Overall. If you’ve got a little extra junk in your trunk, this might be the suit for you considering the low price, but for me, it went back.

Polo:
A casual suit with some ostentatious stylings details.

Polo Pros: The construction was overall very good. Exposed stitching at the collar was neat that kept the jacket casual without being sloppy. The styling, from the bright red collar and sleeve lining, to the plaid jacket lining and pant detailing, is going to be a matter of taste. For me, they really amped up the style factor in a way that was completely unexpected at this price. I wouldn’t want the pants any tighter in the seat and thigh, but as it, they fit perfectly.

Polo Cons: The sleeves are short. Flat out, they’re 1 inch shorter than everything else in a 40L. A bad fit is not casual. While construction overall was very good, a bit of the collar lining was stitched too close and was more visible than intended. This wouldn’t typically be a problem, but it’s blood red, so unless you are wearing this somewhere suitable for a pop of color, you’ll be reaching past this suit. The slanted pockets, again a matter of taste, just looked wrong, not interesting to me.

Polo Overall:
Considering this was the least expensive suit of the bunch (by about half, on sale) I wasn’t expecting much. In the end, this would have been a passable formal suit, if not for the short sleeves and small errors in detail finishing. As it was, I had to keep it. The price was just too good, fit in pant and jacket was on, and while not all the style choices were hits, I liked the splashes of color and exposed collar stitching. This is my new “fun” suit.

Cashman:
A modern suit that features unique styling like a deep watch pocket in the pants.

Cashman Pros: The fabric has a little bit of stretch thanks to some spandex. Construction is fantastic. This plus a perfect cut in both jack and pants which is fitted enough to show off some curves, and a leg opening just tapered from straight, make for a modern looking suit with a little attitude. This suit is so comfortable, I could ride my bike in it.

Cashman Cons: The fabric is a mixture of contacting dark and light threads to give an overall grey pin dotting. With a natural fabric, this might look really refined. However, with the synthetics, it looks great from a distance, but a little rough and utilitarian up close. For me, the jacket could have come in just one more inch.

Cashman Overall: What can I say, this was an incredibly comfortable suit that looks reasonably good, fits fantastic, and has some modern attitude. If you’re looking for a hip, but utilitarian suit, this can’t be beat for the money. It’s staying in my closet.

Nathan
A classically styled wool suit. The most expensive of the bunch (which isn’t saying much)

Nathan Pros: Oooh, that jacket. What a cut. Perfect around the waist, flares just right at the hips, sits on the shoulders like a 2nd skin. Finish was really good, with just a few loose threads and so ill-pressed pant lining, but stitching was dead on. The color selection on the Nathan is a little out there with tans and windowpanes, so a subtle Navy Stripe was what I went wit. I own $500 suits, and I’ve tried on $1000 suits. If you had told be this suit was $1000, based on the fabrics, fit, and finish, I would have believed you.

Nathan Cons: Dammit! The legs are just a bit too skinny at the thighs for me. Great in the seat, great in the ankle, but just too tight in the thigh. If I were better proportioned, top to bottom, this wouldn’t be an issue.

Nathan Overall: This suit is sexy, like, free-drink sexy. I didn’t keep it because it was the most expensive of the bunch, and this pants were just a bit too tight for me to envision fitting into them for years to come (especially with all those free drinks). If it had been charcoal or light grey, or $50 less, I probably would have kept, worn it every occasion I could for the next year, and not worried if it didn’t fit a year from now. As it stand, I decided to send it back, and spend the money buying myself drinks instead. If your thighs are proportioned to your upper body, buy this suit now.

------

Overall, I would have been happy to own 3 of the 6 suits I had sent. Maybe I’m just lucky and am the right size to buy off the rack, but given how many pricey suit stores there are, I wouldn’t have thought you could buy good looking suits for a little money online. Sure, I’ll need to drop a few dollars having the pants hemmed (all these suits are unhemmed, but if you connect with a good, local tailor, you can pick up a few inexpensive suits online and fill your closet for the price of one marginally better suit elsewhere.
on May 7, 2014
this is a solid suit to pick up if you need something extra but it wouldnt be my main suit. the wool can be at times uncomfortable and the fit is a drop to baggy in some places. i had to take in the arms and taper the pants. not a big job, but consider that there maybe some work you need done depending on your build when buying the suit. no harm in trying it on and bringing it to a tailor and getting a quote. the fabric is nice but in the summer, i can see how this suit may begin to feel hot
on January 16, 2015
Having purchased several Tommy Hilfiger items online and finding some of them severely lacked in quality I was a little wary of purchasing this suit. However once it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. This suit fits exactly as I expected, is comfortable and of good quality.

The only issue I have had is that some of the stitching came undone along one of the pants legs around the knee although this was easy (and cheap) to have fixed. I strongly recommend this for anyone who is looking for a good, blue suit.
on February 14, 2016
Please note that this is a flannel suit so just be aware of that when you purchase. It's construction is notability softer than their other fair in the Nathan line. Good value for a daily grind suit.
on March 10, 2016
By going according to the sizing chart, the pants still ended up being too long but had a relative shorten the pants for me. The suit itself is thinner in material compared to my other suits.
on September 12, 2014
Very happy with this product, didn't think I'd be able to purchase a suit online, very happy with the fit well worth the money from the comfort of my phone!
on September 11, 2015
Great fit, this is the second Hilfiger suit I bought my husband, they hold up well to many dry cleanings and they look great !
on November 28, 2015
Great fit, bought for my 17 year old. He loves it.
on April 8, 2014
Very good suit. I like it very mach. It fits as expected and it is very good quality. I am going to buy one more another colour.
on April 4, 2014
Nice light suit. Haven't gotten a chance to hem (or take in the waist) the pants. It feels like it was made for my build

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.