Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 23, 2013
I was looking for a nicer looking coat (instead of my Columbia) that I could wear to work in Michigan. It can get pretty windy and cold, so I wanted something that had a good hood and was warm.

I first ordered a Medium (black) and I suppose it was fine, but it just didn't look flattering on me, so I returned it for a small. (Most people say the size runs small). I am 5'9", 135lbs, and typically wear a size 6. I just got the small (chocolate), and it is perfect! Overall the coat is made well and definitely built to last a few seasons. The zippers moved smoothly and seemed sturdy, the ribbed cuffs are great for the frigid weather anywhere in the northern parts of the US. I do wonder if it may be too warm, making it more suitable for below freezing weather only.. hopefully I don't get sweaty as the temp rises! Regarding the features, faux fur is not my favorite style, but it is growing on me. I do like the fact that the fur is smaller and more controlled around the hood compared to other coats I've tried out. The hood itself fits well, and is not too large, but if you have any concerns the hood can be adjusted. There are two large pockets for your hands and a third for cellphone or other small items. I like the side straps on the side of the waist that give a nice tailored look, although I wish it was designed with the functionality to adjust if desired.

Compared to a similar Larry Levine coat and BGSD 3-in-1 coat in the same price range, this coat is a whole lot nicer in quality! With those coats, the feathers were coming out before I even tried them on. Doesn't seem like an issue with this coat. I would have preferred a black coat, but the chocolate color is pretty decent too. Overall, great coat!
on December 17, 2012
I was very excited to order this beautiful coat when it was a gold box deal. It came and it was lovely. However, I bought the size coat that is my normal coat size and this coat was way too small. To my extreme disappointment, there were no more coats like this available. So regrettably, I returned it.

My frustration lies in not being able to exchange it. I could not find an email address or a phone number so that I could contact someone about this. I wanted the coat at the price I paid for it and wanted to merely exchange it. Unfortunately, I had to return it. Now I see it is available once again but at more than twice the price I paid, when it was on sale. Two stars for being a great coat... but two stars for the inability to communicate with someone about making an exchange.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on February 14, 2013
I had been eye-balling this coat all winter. Waiting for the price to go down and then waiting to see when it would be back in stock as it seemed to be a popular seller. Must admit, as depicted on the model, this coat appeared to have everything I was looking for in a down coat for winter as far as overall look. I finally placed my order and took a risk and ordered the X-Large. I do not normally wear an X-Large and can get away with some coats labeled medium if the cut is generous. I currently wear a size 10 in tops/coats. Previous reviews noting that the sizing runs small for this coat were helpful in my decision. I wholeheartedly agree that the sizing is off by a size or two with this style. The arms are snug even at a size X-Large but the rest of the coat is just slightly big on me particularly the waist area but I have a relatively small waist so what to do? Overall, this is an attractive coat, with nice hood, good inner-knit ribbing at the wrists, offers nice neck protection and very warm upon a test run around the block in mid-30s weather. The only detraction other than the off sizing is I wish the waist could be cinched some with an inner drawstring/other.
on January 19, 2013
I'd been looking for a coat that would be enough to keep me warm but not swallow my figure when I stumbled upon this one. So far I've found that I don't need to bundle up too much beneath it, it keeps me quite warm! I live in Southwest Minnesota and it's kept me plenty warm when it's gone below zero (with the wind too)! And as someone already mentioned, the cuffs are fabulous! Certainly does keep cold air from going up the sleeves! The only complaint I have about it is that the model must be taller than myself, as when I put the coat on it went down a little further on me. However, not a big problem! Just keeps more of me warm :) Definitely a keeper and it was definitely worth the buy!

In addition, I generally wear a size Small but went with a Medium and its fairly snug. I don't mind since the coat is warm enough; no need for layering! But thought I would mention!
on December 17, 2012
Happy I took a chance on this coat in Size Med. So tired of wearing maternaty smock cuts in coats for having to get a L size. Am 5'9, 130lbs consider myself small bone with an athletic build. 36, 28, 33hips I went for the size M. Is a little tight at the shoulders but still functional for movement. Sleeves are perfect length Love the tailor cut on this coat. Very well made and love the hood again nice functional cut for the hood pefect for actual using it in a winter storm. Nice material and made well, built to be warm . Love it!!
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on November 13, 2012
I just received this coat today, and it is better than I thought it was going to be. It fits perfect, very warm, and has great features. I have been looking for a coat like this for a long time. I can't wait to wear it this winter.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on December 2, 2012
I thought the jacket was beautifully designed--very flattering and perfect for very cold weather. I normally wear a medium but ordered size large so it would be roomier, but could not fit a bulky sweater under it. Otherwise it is fantastic.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 1, 2013
If you're searching for a great-looking casual winter coat that will keep you super toasty warm...this is the one for you!
I purchased a black one, size medium. I'm 5'6" tall and weigh approximately 140 lbs. This coat fits me perfectly. I love the cut and how it comes in at the waist. The hood is great...not too big, and removeable. The fact that the hood's trim is fake fur which is a plus for me too. Cuffs at the wrists keep out the wind...in fact the entire coat (which comes down to just below mid-thigh) keeps out the cold, wind, and rain. I'm delighted with this purchase. Love it!!!
on December 20, 2012
After using this coat for the best couple weeks, I really think it deserves the 5/5 stars. It's cute, really warm and I can tell that it's a great quality jacket. I would highly recommend this item!

Update: still love the look of the coat, and it is warm ... but its starting to fall apart. Some of the seams are ripping by the buttons. I have treated the coat well and I have the proper size, so this isn't due to customer error. I might be crazy, but when I pay almost $200 for coat, I believe it should last a least couple winters ... not a couple months.
on December 5, 2012
I'm very happy with the purchase. The coat keeps me warm, is easy to zip, has a little bit of styling flair (unusual for a winter coat), and is everything that it was promised to be on the website description.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.