- File Size: 320 KB
- Print Length: 93 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: MLR Press,LLC (March 15, 2012)
- Publication Date: March 15, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007L32KMU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#742,814 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #7271 in Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Gay
- #10211 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Gay Fiction
- #10248 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Romance > Gay Romance
Tommy's Story Kindle Edition
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is a woman's romance, not a gay male romance. It has more passionate kisses per page than I've ever encountered before, home-cooked meals by candle light, candles in the bathroom for a romantic shower "a deux", and more declarations of "I love you" than the Hallmark card aisle at Valentine's day.
Sticky, sweet, sugary, cloying in a short, overpriced book. At best, it's a novella, at an Amazon price that I normally pay for really well-written, profoundly moving examples of the Gay Romance genre.
This book supposedly deals with physical and sexual child abuse, but it glosses right over that into the "survivors" of abuse years later. To my mind, it's unfair and unrealistic to paint them as 17-year-olds who talk like 12-year-olds begging to be cuddled and sung to by their parent and brother. I thought, at any moment, the author was going to describe the man sucking his thumb. Or the 23-year-old protagonist who is still a virgin, and who, despite his advanced degrees in psychology and sociology, cannot utter the word "sex" without falling apart.
Add to that a very brief, but forgettable, Charles Dickens villainess ( a third rate Cruella Deville shouting homophobic curses as she gets led away in handcuffs), and you have a good idea of the torture this book inflicted on me.
If you're looking for a thoughtful, meaningful and moving book about the love between two men, go ahead and skip this one. It doesn't have a clue. In fact, as a gay man, I found it hard to believe that ANY of the men in this book were actualy gay men - to my mind, they all came off as women. I don't know any gay men who resemble these characters in any way, shape or form.Read more ›
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Gay
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Gay
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Romantic
- Books > Romance > Gay Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Gay Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > LGBT > Gay Romance