- File Size: 3915 KB
- Print Length: 362 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Sterling & Stone (July 23, 2017)
- Publication Date: July 23, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0746Q462N
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #36,979 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Tomorrow Gene Kindle Edition
|Length: 362 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to The Tomorrow Gene
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Seriously though, this is an excellent book. Sean and Johnny consistently come up with original ideas, and original twists to old ideas. And what I really love is that they always include some good social critique and social consciousness. There's a depth to their stories that you sometimes don't find in current sci fi. I can't wait for the sequel to this. I also can't wait till someone options their stories for a TV series and/or movie. (Netflix, Amazon, are you listening?). Most of their stories lend themselves to the screen very well, often written in a serial format with episodes.
Sci Fi isn't Sean and Johnny's only genre, either. They're prolific writers in many fields and often work as a team with other authors in their group. And what's even better is that they share the secrets of their success with you. They have workshops and seminars and books and blogs that are indispensable for aspiring writers. They're very accessible as well with their Facebook pages and blogs and emails. You feel like you're more than a reader, you're part of a community with these guys. That goes a long way for people with social anxiety who can act normal online but can't mingle with real people. Just teasing... sort of. No, totally.
Sean Platt and Johnny Truant are my author idols. They've even supplanted Ray Bradbury as my favorite sci fi authors, and that's not just because he's no longer with us. (Sorry Ray, I still love you though).
"The Tomorrow Gene" delivers all the excitement, action, and thought-provoking commentary that their previous books do. You won't go wrong following these guys. If you haven't read their other works, start catching up!
1. The unique concept of the island
2. The involvement of genetic engineering
3. Altruance was a fantastic character.
4. Great writing as usual
I disliked the following:
1. Ephriam. It's tough for me to write negative things in a review, and especially since I've loved all the Realm and Sands books I've read. While his paranoia and actions are explained, I just didn't find him likable at all. He made actively stupid decisions and I spent more time in his head than actually interacting with the island, and learning more about him through his interactions with other characters.
2. I felt some of the conclusions/plot solutions were pulled out of a hat.
3. I felt the characters were used as plot devices rather than fleshed out as much as they could be.
Overall, it was a story worth reading, but I admit to skimming through some of Ephriam's thought processes - lots of repetition of why he was paranoid etc. There were a few typos/grammar issues but nothing major which pulled me out of the story.
And many of their other works with which I'm now becoming familiar!
Johnny B Truant and Sean Platt are now officially my fav authors. The scope and scale of their writing satisfies my every mood! Their available genres, subjects, topics, wit, humour and wisdom are phenomenal and hit the mark with every single story, series or article.
I'm working hard at trying to find out if I'll tire of their multi-faceted literary talents.
It does not appear to be a possibility any time soon.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering