Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Color: Multi|Change

Showing 1-10 of 465 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 562 reviews
on December 2, 2013
The product I received was poor quality, didnt have the label of the brand attached. the fabric of the face was so transparent that you could see the motor for music. the music is not the same than the original INCHWORM from Lamaze. tHIS PRODUCT WAS NOT GOOD, something happened
on December 20, 2013
BUYER BEWARE! If you want a geniune LaMaze inchworm this is -NOT- the real thing. Even the Lamaze tag is upside down and smaller than what the real thing comes with. The feet are green rather than brown. The colors on the segments don't match up. The stitching is terrible and the material is cheap. The music unit in the nose is oversized, protrudes and doesn't play the song the real unit plays (the real unit should play If "You're Happy And You Know It").. Here's where things get fun:

We identified the song this unit plays:
It's Jennifer Lopez's "On The Floor" Ft. Pitbull. from 2011.

Which was stolen. The sample from "On The Floor" actually originated from an Indian song called "Soch Na Kya" from the 1990 Indian movie "Ghayal".

... which was stolen from a famous French Brazilian song form 1989 called "Lambada" by the group Kaoma.

... which was also stolen. The melody from "Lambada" was taken from a 1986 Portuguese song called "Chorando Se Foi" by Marcia Ferreira.

... ... which was also stolen. The melody from "Chorando Se Foi" was taken directly from the original:
"Lloranda se fue" by Bolivian band Los Kharkas in 1981.

You've really outdone yourself this time, China. Honestly I'm not even mad. I'm actually impressed.

Seriously though I'd really love to get my money back and have this listing more clearly state that this is NOT in-fact a genuine LaMaze product.
44 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2013
The item took over 3 weeks to finally arrive and when it did arrive it was shoved into a 9" x 12" kraft envelope. The item was not in a package - there was no label saying what it was or what it did. I was buying this for my grandson. The pieces inside the inchworm that make noise were poking up - not through the material - but obvious enough that it didn't seem normal. I will not be giving this item to my grandson. I don't feel that the product is safe. And - since it didn't come in a package - it makes it look like it could be used. All in all - very disappointed with this product.
on January 27, 2014
I purchased the Lamaze Musical Inchworm for my 9 month old nephew this past Christmas, and was disappointed with what I got. I feel like I received some bootlegged version of the toy. It arrived in a large baggie in a manilla envelope. No box or anything stating its origins. The colors of the face, segments and legs are all different than what the picture shows, and I have no idea what song it plays. It was advertised as playing 'If You're Happy And You Know It.' It also doesn't have very much for the baby to do. One or two segments crinkle, one has a squeaker and the face plays music when you squeeze it. The tail end segment has what feels like another music speaker inside it, but it does nothing. I don't know if it's a battery pack in there or what. The worm is a total of two feet long (24 inches), and it is not very bendable. My nephew, who loves anything that plays music. just kind of looked at it once and has ignored it since then. I can't say I blame him.
on May 15, 2013
It's overpriced for what it is but considering my almost 3 year old will not give his up to his baby brother it must be great to him. The measurements are off, the music low quality, but it made my oldest laugh hysterically as a baby and he still loves it just because it is a worm. Unfortunately when I ordered another one here for my baby I received a counterfeit. It was similar but obviously lower quality, bad sewing, different music (and I'm pretty sure It's a Small World is licensed by Disney!). Disappointing since it was fulfilled by Amazon. I had to return it and buy it elsewhere.
on July 3, 2016
My daughter loves this! She's 6 months now, but has had it for a few months. It's long so even if she loses her grasp on one part of it, she can usually grab another part. She loves trying out her pincer grasp on the little legs.

My grandma refers to it at a snake, so we call it a worm-snake now. Ummm, grandma, snakes don't have legs. But I digress...

It's a fun toy, in fact my 7 year old cousin has hers still and sleeps with it as one of her toys she liked it so much. It's fun, colorful, noisy, and soft. They can bonk themselves with it and it doesn't hurt. It also isn't terribly overwhelming like some of the other toys. The colors are kinda cute!
on January 9, 2014
I got this delivered and found out that the the toy doesn't play any music at all. I tried looking for a way to find an opening but couldn't find any(May be I am missing something simple). I did buy it from "Danny's Dealz" so not sure if they had these laying around for a long time. I have contacted the seller and waiting for the response. I will edit my reivew once I see the response.

I am keeping it at 3 stars because my 2.5 mth old daughter did like the toy specially the tongue sticking out from the mouth of the inchworm, if the music also played I would give it 5 stars. As far as the the seller, I will wait before I leave them feed back.

Update:
I updated my rating to 5 stars. Danny' Dealz responded to my email and sent me another one right away along with a prepaid envelope to send the first one back. I was glad that Danny's Dealz kept up the amazon standard while dealing with customers.

My daughter seems to like Lamaze toys because they are so colorful(or so I think, I don't think she can see colors yet) I just with they allowed a way change the batteries in this one.
on December 29, 2015
I wanted to buy just a little gift for me almost 3 month old son for Christmas. I have a 2 year old son also so we have a lot of baby toys already. I have to say that I am so glad I got this for him! He absolutely loves it and gets all excited when he sees it! Each part has colorful soft fabric, some with crinkle paper underneath, a squeaky toy and rattles. And a small musical button in the head as well. Very cute and well made! :)
review image
on April 14, 2015
My daughter is now 2 months, 3 weeks. I purchased this a few weeks ago and she loves it. The rattle in the end keeps her more entertained than the music as does the crunchy sounding material. It's great for stimulation and learning. Some of the seconds are soft, others are smooth. It was also great for tummy time to teach her to push up with her arms. We used it for tummy time four times and after that she was pushing up on her own. The legs are easy for them to grab. I highly recommend this. Well worth the price.
on May 30, 2016
The head does not play music audibly, nor is it the tune advertised. I returned/exchanged it, but seriously think the same toy was mailed back. (It was not replaced until they received the original - same problem.) Purchased for a shower gift; unfortunately, defective shower gift. The toy itself is cute and colorful so hopefully will be used!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.