Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Lamaze Musical Inchworm
Color: Multi|Change

on December 2, 2013
The product I received was poor quality, didnt have the label of the brand attached. the fabric of the face was so transparent that you could see the motor for music. the music is not the same than the original INCHWORM from Lamaze. tHIS PRODUCT WAS NOT GOOD, something happened
28 helpful votes
29 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 20, 2013
BUYER BEWARE! If you want a geniune LaMaze inchworm this is -NOT- the real thing. Even the Lamaze tag is upside down and smaller than what the real thing comes with. The feet are green rather than brown. The colors on the segments don't match up. The stitching is terrible and the material is cheap. The music unit in the nose is oversized, protrudes and doesn't play the song the real unit plays (the real unit should play If "You're Happy And You Know It").. Here's where things get fun:

We identified the song this unit plays:
It's Jennifer Lopez's "On The Floor" Ft. Pitbull. from 2011.

Which was stolen. The sample from "On The Floor" actually originated from an Indian song called "Soch Na Kya" from the 1990 Indian movie "Ghayal".

... which was stolen from a famous French Brazilian song form 1989 called "Lambada" by the group Kaoma.

... which was also stolen. The melody from "Lambada" was taken from a 1986 Portuguese song called "Chorando Se Foi" by Marcia Ferreira.

... ... which was also stolen. The melody from "Chorando Se Foi" was taken directly from the original:
"Lloranda se fue" by Bolivian band Los Kharkas in 1981.

You've really outdone yourself this time, China. Honestly I'm not even mad. I'm actually impressed.

Seriously though I'd really love to get my money back and have this listing more clearly state that this is NOT in-fact a genuine LaMaze product.
84 helpful votes
85 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on July 24, 2017
We borrowed the previous version from a friend and our baby loved it so much that we bought our own inchworm. It is great that it has so many colors and patterns and different sounds (2 different rattles, squeak, crinkling). The melody is a little bit short with only a few seconds (I think 5 seconds or so) but our baby loves it and it often helps to calm her down if we turn on the inchworm or just give it to her. Our friend who borrowed it to us also experienced similar magic at work with her child.
We will surely think of this toy if someone of our friends is about to have a baby.
What I do not like is the fact that you cannot replace the batteries and you are unable to take out the music box so you cannot wash the toy in the washer, you can only wipe it down with a damp cloth.
Tracking baby's growth with the inchworm won't work for long since the inchworm is only 24 inches (60 cm) long so this only worked for us for about 8 weeks. :D This feature was not the reason why we bought the toy so it does not matter to us. But maybe later on your older kid might use the ruler to measure things or get curious about lengths. I think his toy is a nice addition even for an older child since it is very beautiful, colorful and I think it is very cuddly in bed for a toddler...
on December 22, 2013
The item took over 3 weeks to finally arrive and when it did arrive it was shoved into a 9" x 12" kraft envelope. The item was not in a package - there was no label saying what it was or what it did. I was buying this for my grandson. The pieces inside the inchworm that make noise were poking up - not through the material - but obvious enough that it didn't seem normal. I will not be giving this item to my grandson. I don't feel that the product is safe. And - since it didn't come in a package - it makes it look like it could be used. All in all - very disappointed with this product.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on August 15, 2015
Bought this for my dog 12 years ago as a puppy, it lasted 10 years, she is in her old age and I bought this as a last gift. Well, she heard the bell, got so excited, I opened it up and she grabbed it with both paws and held onto it, squeaked all the squeakers, bit on the musical head until it played and she is so excited I haven't seen her like this in years!

The old toy lasted 10 years through the puppy stage of chewing and this one is equally made with excellent quality that will last your human baby! If it is indestructible and loved by dogs, then your human baby will love it too!
on January 27, 2014
I purchased the Lamaze Musical Inchworm for my 9 month old nephew this past Christmas, and was disappointed with what I got. I feel like I received some bootlegged version of the toy. It arrived in a large baggie in a manilla envelope. No box or anything stating its origins. The colors of the face, segments and legs are all different than what the picture shows, and I have no idea what song it plays. It was advertised as playing 'If You're Happy And You Know It.' It also doesn't have very much for the baby to do. One or two segments crinkle, one has a squeaker and the face plays music when you squeeze it. The tail end segment has what feels like another music speaker inside it, but it does nothing. I don't know if it's a battery pack in there or what. The worm is a total of two feet long (24 inches), and it is not very bendable. My nephew, who loves anything that plays music. just kind of looked at it once and has ignored it since then. I can't say I blame him.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on July 3, 2016
My daughter loves this! She's 6 months now, but has had it for a few months. It's long so even if she loses her grasp on one part of it, she can usually grab another part. She loves trying out her pincer grasp on the little legs.

My grandma refers to it at a snake, so we call it a worm-snake now. Ummm, grandma, snakes don't have legs. But I digress...

It's a fun toy, in fact my 7 year old cousin has hers still and sleeps with it as one of her toys she liked it so much. It's fun, colorful, noisy, and soft. They can bonk themselves with it and it doesn't hurt. It also isn't terribly overwhelming like some of the other toys. The colors are kinda cute!
on June 26, 2017
This is super cute! It plays a soft tune and my daughter loves it...my only complaint is that it attracts lint and hair so it stays dirty and it's harder to clean than some toys!
on January 9, 2014
I got this delivered and found out that the the toy doesn't play any music at all. I tried looking for a way to find an opening but couldn't find any(May be I am missing something simple). I did buy it from "Danny's Dealz" so not sure if they had these laying around for a long time. I have contacted the seller and waiting for the response. I will edit my reivew once I see the response.

I am keeping it at 3 stars because my 2.5 mth old daughter did like the toy specially the tongue sticking out from the mouth of the inchworm, if the music also played I would give it 5 stars. As far as the the seller, I will wait before I leave them feed back.

Update:
I updated my rating to 5 stars. Danny' Dealz responded to my email and sent me another one right away along with a prepaid envelope to send the first one back. I was glad that Danny's Dealz kept up the amazon standard while dealing with customers.

My daughter seems to like Lamaze toys because they are so colorful(or so I think, I don't think she can see colors yet) I just with they allowed a way change the batteries in this one.
on December 29, 2015
I wanted to buy just a little gift for me almost 3 month old son for Christmas. I have a 2 year old son also so we have a lot of baby toys already. I have to say that I am so glad I got this for him! He absolutely loves it and gets all excited when he sees it! Each part has colorful soft fabric, some with crinkle paper underneath, a squeaky toy and rattles. And a small musical button in the head as well. Very cute and well made! :)
review image
2 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.