Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Color: Classic Discovery|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,030 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,227 reviews
on August 20, 2012
The Peek-a-Boo Forest book (designed for ages 6m+) is very cute. Has very bright colors, and peek-a-boo flaps that lift away on each page to reveal a cute animal (e.g. move the tree to see the moose, move the leaf to see the owl, etc.). There are five two-page spreads - each asking "Who is hiding behind the [tree or whatever]?" on the lefthand side, then revealing an animal beneath a crinkly flap on the righthand side. The featured animals are a moose, an owl, a bear family, a raccoon, and a beaver. The front cover also features a bird with a raised, fuzzy, crinkly face. Between the bright colors, the repetitive peek-a-boo activity, and the simple text, this seems very age-appropriate for my 6mo old. And more importantly, he agrees - he loves it!

Note that these books are designed for different ages (the ones targeting older babies have a bit more of a storyline, etc.). Here are the guidelines for all of the different books in the series as given on the packaging:
0m+ Panda's Pals
12m+ Captain Calamari's Treasure Hunt
12m+ Baby on the Go
18m+ Counting Zoo
18m+ Captain Calamari's Color Adventure
33 comments| 907 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2016
Essentially there are two types of baby cloth books - those that promote a strong storyline and those that offer different textures for a tactile experience. The reason this Lamaze soft book is number 1 is its unique combination of both a cute engaging story paired with its various different textures. The story is a simple one but with bright illustrations and its rhyming the story is engaging. Each page has a crinkly flap with the hidden animal. The cover has soft fur covering the owl.
There are other books with mirrors and such but none of them contain a readable story. On the other hand there are more engaging stories like the Hungry Caterpillar but definitely not worth it as a soft book (might as well just get the whole book at that point).
review image
My 8 month old baby loves this book. I bought it for her when she was 6 months old. It's very plush and oversized. It's just under 8.5"x8.5". Captain Calamari sticks out of the front cover, and he crinkles when you touch him. It also has a convenient, padded carrying handle on the spine of the book. The book has 8 pages, not including the front and back cover. Each page is stuffed with a quilt-like batting and the colors are bright and vivid.

The story is a short and sweet one. My baby loves when I read it to her, because it has a nice rhythm and rhymes. The quality is amazing. The material is all soft and silky. It has held up incredibly, even with my teething little one always chewing on it. No flaws whatsoever. Stains easily wipe right off with a warm mildly-soapy washcloth. I've even thrown it in the washer a couple times (hang dry or air fluff).

I highly recommend this book. Your baby will love to carry it around everywhere with them. The only downside, I really wish more of the book actually crinkled...instead of just Captain Calamari on the front cover. My baby cannot get enough of the crinkle noise. I got the matching Captain Calamari plush toy for her as well.
on June 15, 2016
I thought this was the perfect first book for my grandson. It's a cloth book so baby won't be tearing the pages and it won't hurt if he chews on it a little either.
Each page has a crinkly material sewn into it so it makes a soft crinkling sound when he grabs ahold of it and he loves it! Never ceases to amaze me what can actually hold a babies attention and this keeps him entertained for a really long time!

We are avid campers, so I wanted to start educating him about the kinds of animals that live in the forest and why it's so important to not play with matches out there, and I think this book does that quite well. I love that they also show different places where animals may live, or be hiding, out in the woods so he knows that even tho he can't see them they are still living there somewhere.

I recommend this book for every baby!
on August 12, 2014
The book is very cute, there are 5 pages of "peek-a-boo" flaps covering various animals. Each page has a crinkle sound when touched which is great for keeping young ones attention. The front cover has a plus 3-D owl head which also crinkles.

Here are my complaints:
the peek-a-boo cover for the last page of the book where it asks "who built this dam.." did not even remotely cover the beaver. Ok; so my 6 month old doesn't really understand that the beaver should be covered before the flap comes down to reveal it, but I do! The flap was sown too low, I corrected this by cutting out the page, using some red ribbon to reline the bottom of the cut out and then resewed it back into place properly.
Next, the back of the book gives play ideas, one is to "make the sounds of each animal you see in the book". The animals in the book are owl, moose, bear, raccoon, and beaver. I might just be really dumb when it comes to animal sounds, but how do you make moose, bear, raccoon, and beaver sounds?
Overall, cute book very colorful and my baby does like chewing on it:)
Baby loves this book! Started reading it to him at about 5 months old, and he is 7 months old and still loves it. For now, he is engaged by the bright colors and crinkly "peek-a-boo" flaps within the book. I love that it is a soft, cloth fabric that he can chew on as he gets distracted with my reading, which often happens within about 30 seconds.

The book seems to be made with good quality, and the drawings are very cute. It seems very durable with baby pulling and yanking on the pages, and it's nice that the "spine" of the book also has a handle that he can use to grab it with. The 3D plush owl on the front is very nice, and baby really enjoyed sucking on that part of the book at first too.
on December 23, 2015
I bought this for my son when he was about 5 months old. Regular board books were too difficult for him to figure out, and because he was chewing everything the board books would get ruined, so I figured a cloth book would be a good solution. I was right. My son loved this instantly! He was obsessed with the crinkling pages. I showed him how to turn the pages and since it's cloth it was easy for him to learn. I honestly think it helped him graduate to bigger books. My kid is such a book worm now. 9 months old and he picks up regular board books and turns every page, then closes the book and does it over and over. I honestly think this book helped him a lot with that. He's outgrown it now that hes mastered board books but this was his first favorite. My only complaint is that it's polyester. I wish there was a non toxic option for this book, because i try to stay away from plastic, but there's not so oh we'll... I would recommend this book.
on April 29, 2017
Love the price, love that is soft and baby can entertain him self with it in the car or at home. Love that it rhymes and I love how sweet it is. Baby loves chewing on it and feeling the texture. It is definitely a good purchase for the price and I feel like it encourages the child to hold a book look through the pages and get excited about reading in the future.
Definitely not as elaborate as other books, but for the price I feel like it's a pretty nice purchase. The child seems to really entertain himself, and right now my son is going through a phase where he's bringing everything to his mouth and against his face so I like the fact that I think I could wash this.
on December 26, 2016
This book is a great developmental book for different stages of baby-hood. My daughter loves it! We bought it a little young, but starting about 3-4 months she loved to grab it and feel the crinkly texture in her fingers. It's light enough for her to hold up on her own so as she started rolling over she was able to hold it up above her. She's especially loving it now at 6 months as she's teething - she loves the texture on her gums. And she's been loving the 'peek-a-boo' game as well. We've bought one as a gift and will continue to give as gifts. Highly recommend!
on April 5, 2017
I'm giving this product 3 stars. The Lamaze Tilly Tinklewings book is just ok, I'm disappointed that it's not as advertised. Only one page of the 5 page book is actually the Lamaze material, and it's not very crinkle-y sounding. I bought the book for its crunchy crinkle noise that my baby loves! It's a fun soft book with good colors and pictures, baby still likes to play with bad chew on it. But I thought the whole book was going to be made of the crunchy crinkle material.