Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 20, 2012
The Peek-a-Boo Forest book (designed for ages 6m+) is very cute. Has very bright colors, and peek-a-boo flaps that lift away on each page to reveal a cute animal (e.g. move the tree to see the moose, move the leaf to see the owl, etc.). There are five two-page spreads - each asking "Who is hiding behind the [tree or whatever]?" on the lefthand side, then revealing an animal beneath a crinkly flap on the righthand side. The featured animals are a moose, an owl, a bear family, a raccoon, and a beaver. The front cover also features a bird with a raised, fuzzy, crinkly face. Between the bright colors, the repetitive peek-a-boo activity, and the simple text, this seems very age-appropriate for my 6mo old. And more importantly, he agrees - he loves it!

Note that these books are designed for different ages (the ones targeting older babies have a bit more of a storyline, etc.). Here are the guidelines for all of the different books in the series as given on the packaging:
0m+ Panda's Pals
12m+ Captain Calamari's Treasure Hunt
12m+ Baby on the Go
18m+ Counting Zoo
18m+ Captain Calamari's Color Adventure
33 comments| 928 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 30, 2016
Arrived with ripped binding, which I noticed while lightly cleaning with paper towel and mild soap before even giving to kid. returned.
review image
on August 18, 2016
Bought this for my baby right after she was born. I don't love some of the colors in the book, and the story is a bit lame - they rhyme beaver with achiever for instance, which was a bit much for a baby book - but my daughter LOVED this book for the crinkle aspect, the pictures, and the flaps that open and close. So it was definitely a hit. She didn't care for me reading it to her, but she dragged it around for about a year, pretty much every day. I would buy it again for others as a gift, unless I could find something very similar with a better story.
on July 25, 2014
My daughter loves this book. She is 9 months old, and we started using this at 6 months old. She likes it more now than when we started.

It's nice that it's cloth, so it squishes well and she can't destroy it by chewing on it. Each two-page spread has a flap made of crinkly fabric that my daughter loves to crinkle.

The text is short, and behind every flap there is a sentence that starts with peek-a-boo. My daughter likes it when we read it to her in an excited voice when we turn over the flap and see the animal hiding there.

One thing I'm less excited about is the owl's head on the front. It's cute, but it makes the book bulky and so I have a harder time stuffing it in a small space when I'm headed out the door to work. (I always like to take some toys for the drive home from the care giver.)

Overall, it's a great book for an older baby. We'll see if she still likes it when she's a little older.
on September 13, 2017
There is nothing like having quiet entertainment in the car during long drives to visit family! This quiet book provides just that... sanity for mom and dad while the toddler enjoys some bright colors and fun textures. I couldn't imagine going on another interstate car ride again without having one of these! We ended up picking up a variety of quiet books too, and love all of them.
on March 20, 2015
This is a wonder cloth baby book. Each page has a peekaboo flap to see a forest animal. The book rhymes as well. It is very colorful and the flaps have a crumbly noise maker in them to bring babies attention to the peekaboo, I highly recommend buying this cloth book. I bought another cloth book on amazon called Giraffe and Friends and it is very poor quality compared to this book. I would buy more peekaboo books from Lamaze if there are more to buy because this book is fantastic
on March 3, 2015
My slightly-over-five month old is really entertained by this book! The book has wise color choices because the text highly contrasts against the background, so the words are easy to see. I run my finger along the words as I read them and my daughter follows with her eyes (most of the time, haha). The peek-a-boo parts have a material in them so they make a crinkly sound when you move them, which is a great way to keep the baby's attention on the book. And if all else fails, it's also something she can just safely put in her mouth and drool up, haha. I definitely plan on getting some of their other books in the near future!
on December 26, 2016
It rhymes, it crinkles, it's perfect! Other crinkly books that baby has only have one crinkly page so baby tends to spend most of the time looking and playing with that one page. This one has crinkly fun in every page so baby actually enjoys looking at them all. The book we received was inside a clear bag and every page was in its place. Everything sewn together. Good quality product.
on February 25, 2014
This cloth book was such a HUGE hit with my little girl that I've been desperate to find something she will love just as much. I haven't yet! This book has kept her enthralled since she was just 2 1/2 months old. She figured out how to pull the flaps down, and she still plays with it nearly ever day at 5 months old. The owl page is a little trickier than the others, but she loves the challenge! She's starting to understand words a little more and is getting more and more out of this book. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to "read" to their little ones. The only trouble with it, is she thinks all books have flaps that need to be pulled down now. So I read regular books to her, and she slaps and claws at the pages searching for the flaps. ha ha!
on July 17, 2017
Poor Quality of sewing the flaps in...they were sewn into the seam and all they did was stick straight out. The book was a lot of work to keep the "surprise" hidden. I have the Peek a Boo Forrest book and it is GREAT............flaps are sewn perfectly to allow easy and enjoyable reading. Plus they had raised the price from around 8 to 12+