Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 20, 2012
The Peek-a-Boo Forest book (designed for ages 6m+) is very cute. Has very bright colors, and peek-a-boo flaps that lift away on each page to reveal a cute animal (e.g. move the tree to see the moose, move the leaf to see the owl, etc.). There are five two-page spreads - each asking "Who is hiding behind the [tree or whatever]?" on the lefthand side, then revealing an animal beneath a crinkly flap on the righthand side. The featured animals are a moose, an owl, a bear family, a raccoon, and a beaver. The front cover also features a bird with a raised, fuzzy, crinkly face. Between the bright colors, the repetitive peek-a-boo activity, and the simple text, this seems very age-appropriate for my 6mo old. And more importantly, he agrees - he loves it!

Note that these books are designed for different ages (the ones targeting older babies have a bit more of a storyline, etc.). Here are the guidelines for all of the different books in the series as given on the packaging:
0m+ Panda's Pals
12m+ Captain Calamari's Treasure Hunt
12m+ Baby on the Go
18m+ Counting Zoo
18m+ Captain Calamari's Color Adventure
33 comments| 953 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 30, 2015
This book is adorable, colors are great and baby loves the crunchy sounds!! HOWEVER, I think the book has been mistakenly sewn together as four of the pages do not match the pop outs and one page was entirely upside down. Very disappointed as this was a gift. :( Hopefully a replacement can be issued.
review imagereview image
on July 14, 2016
Essentially there are two types of baby cloth books - those that promote a strong storyline and those that offer different textures for a tactile experience. The reason this Lamaze soft book is number 1 is its unique combination of both a cute engaging story paired with its various different textures. The story is a simple one but with bright illustrations and its rhyming the story is engaging. Each page has a crinkly flap with the hidden animal. The cover has soft fur covering the owl.
There are other books with mirrors and such but none of them contain a readable story. On the other hand there are more engaging stories like the Hungry Caterpillar but definitely not worth it as a soft book (might as well just get the whole book at that point).
review image
on March 11, 2016
I bought this for my first grandchild at Christmas 2016. She was 4 months old at the time. She absolutely loved it when she first saw it -- she loved the colors and the crinkly sounds the pages make, and of course -- as all babies will do -- she loved putting the 3-D velvet, colorful beak of the bird on the cover, in her mouth. My little Abigail is now 7 months old and this book continues to be one of her favorites!
review image
My 8 month old baby loves this book. I bought it for her when she was 6 months old. It's very plush and oversized. It's just under 8.5"x8.5". Captain Calamari sticks out of the front cover, and he crinkles when you touch him. It also has a convenient, padded carrying handle on the spine of the book. The book has 8 pages, not including the front and back cover. Each page is stuffed with a quilt-like batting and the colors are bright and vivid.

The story is a short and sweet one. My baby loves when I read it to her, because it has a nice rhythm and rhymes. The quality is amazing. The material is all soft and silky. It has held up incredibly, even with my teething little one always chewing on it. No flaws whatsoever. Stains easily wipe right off with a warm mildly-soapy washcloth. I've even thrown it in the washer a couple times (hang dry or air fluff).

I highly recommend this book. Your baby will love to carry it around everywhere with them. The only downside, I really wish more of the book actually crinkled...instead of just Captain Calamari on the front cover. My baby cannot get enough of the crinkle noise. I got the matching Captain Calamari plush toy for her as well.
on February 18, 2016
I bought this book thinking it would be equivalent to Lamaze's Peek-a-Boo Forest book. It is not. While it's a cute story, I have tons of tgreat books in actual book format. This purchase was more about getting my son familiar with the way books work... page turning and such. It was supposed to be something he could play with and enjoy on his own while also learning that books are AWESOME! Where the Lamaze Peek-a-Boo book has crinkle flaps on each page, this one has none anywhere but the cover. To my son this is just a weird blanky type thing. I mean let's face it, he's 5 months old. He can't read. The story is all well and good, but the entertainment value needs to be ramped up to fit a baby's standards.
Top Contributor: Babieson September 6, 2017
Baby loves this book! Started reading it to him at about 5 months old, and he is 7 months old and still loves it. For now, he is engaged by the bright colors and crinkly "peek-a-boo" flaps within the book. I love that it is a soft, cloth fabric that he can chew on as he gets distracted with my reading, which often happens within about 30 seconds.

The book seems to be made with good quality, and the drawings are very cute. It seems very durable with baby pulling and yanking on the pages, and it's nice that the "spine" of the book also has a handle that he can use to grab it with. The 3D plush owl on the front is very nice, and baby really enjoyed sucking on that part of the book at first too.
on August 12, 2014
The book is very cute, there are 5 pages of "peek-a-boo" flaps covering various animals. Each page has a crinkle sound when touched which is great for keeping young ones attention. The front cover has a plus 3-D owl head which also crinkles.

Here are my complaints:
the peek-a-boo cover for the last page of the book where it asks "who built this dam.." did not even remotely cover the beaver. Ok; so my 6 month old doesn't really understand that the beaver should be covered before the flap comes down to reveal it, but I do! The flap was sown too low, I corrected this by cutting out the page, using some red ribbon to reline the bottom of the cut out and then resewed it back into place properly.
Next, the back of the book gives play ideas, one is to "make the sounds of each animal you see in the book". The animals in the book are owl, moose, bear, raccoon, and beaver. I might just be really dumb when it comes to animal sounds, but how do you make moose, bear, raccoon, and beaver sounds?
Overall, cute book very colorful and my baby does like chewing on it:)
Top Contributor: Babieson October 13, 2017
Peek-A-Boo forest is my baby's favorite book, and is often her favorite toy. For the past six weeks she has used the book for chewing, covering her face, crinkling, carrying it while rolling around, staring at the pictures in her chair while I get things done, and listening intently while I read it and show her the animals hidden from sight. At this age, very few books hold her attention, but Peek-A-Boo Forest not only holds her attention, but seems to be a friendly presence wherever she is playing. The quality of the book is great, and Lamaze does such a great job with their toy lineup. Definitely recommended.
I'm giving this product 3 stars. The Lamaze Tilly Tinklewings book is just ok, I'm disappointed that it's not as advertised. Only one page of the 5 page book is actually the Lamaze material, and it's not very crinkle-y sounding. I bought the book for its crunchy crinkle noise that my baby loves! It's a fun soft book with good colors and pictures, baby still likes to play with bad chew on it. But I thought the whole book was going to be made of the crunchy crinkle material.