The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson: Johnny and Friends (10DVD)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"HEEEEERRRE'S JOHNNY" WITH A 10-DVD SET OF CARSON SHOWS FEATURING SPECIAL REPEAT GUESTS!
This collection is very special, containing 28 never-before-released shows from the ’70s, ’80s and ’90s featuring some of the most loved guests from THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JOHNNY CARSON. Following the hit format of "The Vault Series," each DVD contains Full Shows -- including commercials -- highlighting fan favorite guests together with some of the most cherished moments from 30 years of The Tonight Show. Our special 10-DVD set features ten of his repeat guests and friends, presenting favorite episodes and appearances they made over the years.
- 10-DVD set: Features 10 of Johnny’s favorite friends from the “Featured Guest Series.”
- Guests: Each DVD highlights favorite shows with these special, recurring guests on The Tonight Show: Don Rickles, Robin Williams, Steve Martin, Jerry Seinfeld, Jay Leno, Burt Reynolds, Eddie Murphy, David Letterman, Rodney Dangerfield and animal expert Jim Fowler!
- Vault Gems: Many of these shows are newly released from the Carson Vault.
- Full shows: 28 full, uncut episodes, including the original commercials!
- Memory Book: Includes a beautiful booklet with snapshots and stories about Johnny and his legendary friends.
- Bonus Material: Plus an hour of extra, bonus material!
- DRTV Support: Backed by a full DRTV campaign featuring an all new Johnny & Friends infomercial.
Top customer reviews
Before his stint on NBC’s “The Tonight Show,” Carson worked on radio in his home state of Nebraska, appeared as a guest on TV on “The Jack Benny Show,” was a panelist on “To Tell the Truth,” and hosted “Who Do You Trust?” from 1957 to 1962. He took over “The Tonight Show” on October 1, 1962, succeeding Jack Paar as host. His tenure as host lasted 30 years and consisted of 4,000 shows. Ed McMahon followed Carson from “Who Do You Trust?” and became his announcer and sidekick.
The show was originally produced in New York City with occasional stints in California. In early May, 1972 the show moved to Burbank, California because of it was closer to the talent pool of stars. In 1980, the show was cut from 90 minutes to a one-hour format.
The 10-disc DVD set contains 28 full, unedited episodes from the 70s, 80s and 90s, including original commercials. Included is a Memory Book containing photos and stories about Carson and his famous friends, and over an hour of bonus material.