|Print List Price:||$24.99|
Save $15.00 (60%)
Tony Northrup's DSLR Book: How to Create Stunning Digital Photography Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 241 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First of all, this is a great book in any form--hard copy or ebook. However, as far as I can tell, there are a bunch of great paper books out there on DSLR photography. When I downloaded the Kindle sample and read through it, I knew that the ebook format was the way to go.
I've owned a Kindle since version 1, and now own the Fire. Tony's book should be a primer on how to properly create an ebook. The embedded links and videos, as well as the ability to grab the sample photos and enlarge for detailed study (need an Internet connection for the latter two items) is invaluable to rank photography newbs like me. The videos are top-notch and contain many side-by-side examples of how pictures are improved when applying the techniques that are covered in the video. The videos are stuck in the appropriate place in the book, which leads to excellent learning flow as you build on the lessons. The experiences on the Kindle Fire and the iPad and PC Kindle apps are equally excellent.
Tony has indicated that he plans on improving and updating the ebook contents, which all buyers will be able to download as they become available. This is a refreshing change to the "quick scan, make a buck and forget" mentality that the big publishers follow.Read more ›
Well, it's been almost 3 years since I got this book and it's been a great journey. Couple of updates:
- Love the fact that this e-book is with me all the time. Whenever I need to check or read up on something I can pull it up on the Kindle (which I rarely use), or on my desktop PC or even on the phone while traveling (with the kindle reader apps). The latest and greatest updated version of this book just flows through to the device of your choice instantly. I love that aspect and it really helps to fine tune your photography at leisure or whenever that great light and fantastic place happens and you just have to click, but wished you could check on some particular info.
- The Facebook group for SDP has really grown by leaps and bounds in terms of quality as well as quantity. Lots of actually 'stunning' images are posted there everyday and get feedback from the active community which has photographers of all skill and equipment levels. Also there are weekly monthly challenges at times.
- Recently in the Facebook group, I have been seeing many updates from readers about their pictures being published in magazines and they thank this book for helping them. Personally, that to me feels like the kind of the highest acknowledgement for this book and author.
- There is also a separate website for this book. It's free for anyone who has purchased the book and is a great community to post your pictures, get feedback and also get some 'inside information' from the SDP world.
- The authors have a fun and interactive live web session once in a while where they give updates happening in the photography world and also they provide comments and advice on photos posted by readers.Read more ›
I have been wanting to get better at photography for awhile, but was kind of hopping around between online tutorials and tips here and there, and didn't feel I was making a lot of progress. I decided to purchase this book to make sure that I had everything in an organized manner... and I'm so glad that I did!
The book starts at the beginning and moves through all the basic elements of photography, covering things like quick tips, composition, depth of field, lighting, etc. (Aperture, ISO, Shutter Speed, Camera Equipment, etc. are all covered.) After learning the basics, the book has later chapters that have detailed ideas for Portraits, landscapes, macro photography, photographing animals, weddings, night photography, underwater photography, HDR techniques, and more.
I am a natural editor, and I can't stand to read books that have a lot of "fluff," where I am constantly trying to fix the book in my mind. While this book has quite a bit of content, it is written so that every word counts. As you read it, you never feel like you're wasting your time. Each sentence is informative and interesting and occasionally funny.
The book is illustrated with lovely, original pictures and examples that really illustrate the principle being taught.
However, probably the best part is the VIDEOS. As you read, there are 3 hours worth of video illustrating and reinforcing each concept being taught. It almost feels like an online course. And when you combine the fact that purchase of the book gives you access to Tony's Facebook page where people including Tony and Chelsea give tips and techniques, this book is an incredible value. It is almost like taking a photography course, but so much cheaper!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Simple and easy! I love how Tony and his wife teach the methods in a simple, effective way. As a brand new camera owner, I knew nothing about photography, I read the book and feel... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Tatito23
Great book. Very useful info. Saw video for my camera by author on YouTube. Not disappointed. Very easy to use with great resources.Published 10 days ago by cynthia