Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

• Customer Reviews

on March 31, 2009
You've probably seen my review before, but I had to share my opinion on this product to make sure. There are different sellers who sell this product and I didn't want anyone to miss my review. So here goes!

I don't know why I didn't buy this product sooner. I've always had a problem with my eyeshadow creasing not long after applying it. I have really oily eyelids, along with my forehead and nose. I would just reapply my eyeshadow and it just looked like a caked on mess.

I finally bought the Too Faced Shadow Insurance and I am SO happy! To see a difference, I used the primer on one eyelid and none on the other. After only just three hours, the primerless eyelid was already creased and the shadow was fading. It looked terrible. How did I ever put up with this? The lid with primer was flawless! I checked every hour and it stayed put for over EIGHT hours! After about eight hours, the shadow did start to fade, but not as bad as the primerless eyelid. After 12 hours, I did notice a little creasing. I'm extremely satisfied with the results.

I know that the Urban Decay Primer Potion is really popular, so I got a small sample of it at Sephora to compare the two. Well, they were pretty much the same. The Too Faced did go on my eyelids more easily and it felt more silky. But the results were the same. Here's my opinion. With the Urban Decay, the bottle design is really stupid. In order to get all the product in there, you have to literally saw the bottle into three parts. Then you have to scoop out the remaining product and put it in jars. And even if you do get all the remaining product, there's a possibility that the product might dry out. Plus that doesn't sound hygienically safe. I say get the Too Faced because the tube is squeezable, allowing you to get all the product inside.

I really thought that this product wouldn't work. I was skeptical because my eyelids are so oily. I was pleasantly surprised and now I'm sold. This will be a staple in my beauty routine. Go get it!
22 comments| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 2, 2016
I ordered this product after it was recommended to me. I have used it and loved it as a base for my eye shadow. It helps keep the shadow in place all day long. The only thing I must point out about this particular one is the faulty cap. The gold paint on this cap comes off onto your fingertips and if you touch your face it makes it look like a big chunk of glitter on your eyelid. So I have learned to use a paper towel when opening this product. It took me while to figure this out, so take it from me... be careful with cap! Other than that, the actual product is great.
on August 14, 2016
Yikes! Either this is not the real stuff, or the product is defective. I was buying Shadow Insurance by TooFaced from Sephora for over a year and loved it. It kept my eye makeup on all day. I thought I'd save myself a trip to the store and buy it here online. However, THIS tube, from this seller, contains a product that is white rather than tan as it had been when I bought it at Sephora. And it makes my makeup come off FASTER, I suppose because it's simply wet and not doing the job at all. It's worthless. Save your money, and buy the product from the manufacturer or a retail store if you can. I gave the product/manufacturer two stars rather than one, because when I asked for a refund, they responded promptly and agreed--but Amazon already provided me with one when I called to let them know this stuff isn't real!
on March 20, 2015
If I could give zero stars I would, because this is a complete fake. I thought it looked slightly off when I looked at the tube. And the formula had a different color/texture. I had purchased this before at a sephora store and loved it. But what I purchased here is definitely not the same. My eyeshadow would crease with the fake. I just ordered a new tube from sephora's website. Save yourself the money and purchase from an actual beauty store.
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2016
Okay, so here is the thing. I am a 21 year old college student who happens to love makeup. So pretty much, I don't have a lot of money to kick around and what I do have needs to be good. So believe it or not, I normally love this product. It works really well and is by far the eyeshadow primers I have used. The problem lies in whoever is selling it online. Because literally 2 out of the 3 times I've ordered the Too Faced Shadow Insurance it has been separated when I received it. It kind of works if your patient and willing to lose some product to get it less liquidy. But is extrordinarily frustrating to think you're receiving an awesome product and get the worst version of it. I mean, seriously are you kidding me.
on September 23, 2016
Much better primer. Have been using this product a little over a month. Even my make up removers have a hard time making it budge! I love the wear. No creasing. Not sticky or patchy. Better than using a concealer or the urban decay primer. I made the switch after making this purchase.

++ May 9, 2017: The replacement product I purchased from Sephora was miles better and I realize now that this primer was expired/an outdated formula and the performance wasn't comparable to the newly purchased product. I'd suggest buying from a trusted source to receive not-expired eye makeup.
Eyeshadow stays put when you use this, plus the colors are the same as in the palette. BUT only if you are using quality eye shadow. And if your buying this, Im pretty sure your splurging for Urban Decay or the likes of.......I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse, and it is a pleasant surprise to see my makeup looking fresh after my shift. I don't look fresh, but my eye shadow is!
on October 23, 2017
I've never tried Too Faced products before but thought I'd give this one a shot after seeing a Youtube video on concealers for the over 50 population. Very disappointed in the product. It's thin, runny, and ineffective. After I applied it came off within an hour or so in light colored flakes. Icky.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 23, 2014
This product used to be awesome and then they must have changed the formula because the consistency is totally different. (Please change it back!) If you are looking for the old formula, check out Palladio.
on February 12, 2018
I've used this product for years, when I purchase it at Macy's or through a different vendor, the product is great and works perfectly to keep eye shadow creases away all day. The product I received from this vendor looked the same from the outside, but was completely different. I could tell when I was first applying it that it seemed different, but went ahead and used it and it didn't work AT ALL! I kept trying it for days because I thought I was crazy, but it was terrible, I feel honestly like it made things worse. I had bid creases in my shadow within hours. Going to order this from a more reputable vendor, item is ineligible for return.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse