Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2011, 7:43:32 AM PST
DryvBy says:
I played for about an hour 1/2 yesterday and I'm already on W-4. I remember this was the biggest issue I took with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, it being super short and hardly any reason to go back to play them. Does this suffer from that?

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 7:57:46 AM PST
DryvBy says:
Blah! Double post

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 8:57:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2011, 10:52:34 AM PST
meganick says:
I would agree it's a bit too short, and it's too easy. It's fun though.

EDIT: I completed world 8 and found out that there are an additional 8 special worlds that are harder, so I retract my statement that this is too easy and short.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 10:39:22 AM PST
Jeff says:
Yeah, I'm dissapointed with how easy and short it is... of course, I'm still not at world 8 and I heard it

--SPOILER---

through the grapevine that after world 8, there's several more worlds to tackle which are much, much harder.....

Good thing I'm picking up Shinobi on Tuesday and Sonic gen. for 3DS, or else I might not have anything more to play on my 3Ds until Mario Kart 7 comes out in a few weeks.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 1:29:35 PM PST
saskamazon says:
yes, after the credits roll on the 2nd Bowser castle of world 8 a special world opens up .... & yes, it is harder. we're into world 3 of the special, & it is more challenging. too cool to be Luigi. try & collect your 3 star coins from every level - they will matter later on .... if you want to be able to play the special worlds .

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011, 1:43:36 PM PST
DryvBy says:
That's great news!

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 8:27:08 AM PST
I'm already on world 6.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 8:46:28 AM PST
Tim Lai says:
The point isn't to get past the worlds as fast as you can, but to enjoy the journey along the way. I haven't played the new Mario game yet, but in previous ones, I could reach the last world in 5 minutes, and beat the entire game in 10. There are tons of people far better than I am, so really, citing the amount of time you've played and what world you are on is just making you look like a noob. Slow down and enjoy the game.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 11:50:43 AM PST
AdrianV says:
----Spoilers----
When they start to play Super Mario 3D Land will find it very short, with only 8 worlds, but over the last world will give you extra 8 worlds which will drastically change the difficulty

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011, 8:48:51 AM PST
DryvBy says:
I'm not going too fast. I'm playing Mario like I always play Mario. But as much as I like the levels, getting coins in every level isn't going to make me want to go back unless there's an ultra reward for them. I'm taking my time with the game. I'm playing a world a day at this point to make it seem longer. And with the secret worlds, I'll be pretty happy to sit down for a night and challenge myself with those.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 11:28:03 PM PST
rush86 says:
na its definetly not too short theres 16 worlds to complete. The special 8 worlds after u beat the first 8 are pretty hard. Im like 9 and a half hours in on special world 6 and i still have alot to do.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 6:12:56 AM PST
There is threshold in games where it becomes too long to want to play more than once, but not long enough to get "full" enjoyment from it. If a game is 10-12 hours I can see myself playing it once or twice a year, if it's 1.5 hours (think Star Fox) I can play through it over and over again. If it's like Skyrim and I play it for 200 hours i really only want to do that once.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 6:09:04 PM PST
I beat the first 8 worlds in about 7 hours. It's still really fun though

Posted on Dec 1, 2011, 8:40:17 PM PST
do you need to find collectibles to unlock the secret worlds or do you just need to beat the game?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011, 8:56:13 AM PST
you have to collect all of the star coins in the first 8 worlds to unlock the second 8.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011, 3:46:44 PM PST
Tim Lai says:
Wrong. You just need to beat the final castle in the first 8 worlds to unlock the next 8.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012, 6:59:10 PM PST
Facelord says:
New Super Mario bros DS is the most disappointing Nintendo game in history for me, I remember dropping $35 on it and beating it two hours after buying it, just taking it back to the store and getting a refund. I got Advance Wars: Days of Ruin in its place, that gave me hundreds of hours of fun... definitely a good tradeoff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012, 4:52:09 AM PST
no, you're wrong. just beating the final castle in the first world 8 does NOT unlock the whole second set of 8 worlds. it opens the first of the special worlds, but to open ALL of them, you have to go back and get all of the star coins in the first 8 worlds.

Posted on May 9, 2012, 11:12:16 AM PDT
Fox0794 says:
Yes, it is very short and simple. I have beaten the game, and found it to be extremely un-engaging and extremely easy, including the special levels. The coins are not difficult to get, although you do have to get them in order to progress. But you can stop collecting around W6 and have enough to get through. I just thought the story was not developed at all. I know it is a platformer, but it just got really trite after playing for a while. Also, when you die several times in a level, you obtain an ever-renewable invincible Tanuki suit which makes completing the level a breeze. So it really is difficult to NOT beat it in a few hours and then be utterly bored.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012, 7:36:18 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
I've NEVER disliked a game for being "too easy" or "too short". If it's fun, it's fun. What I hate is filler-idiotic fetch quests in RPGS for example, as well as games that are too hard.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Super Mario 3D Land forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D Land by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars (1,162)