Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter forum

Too much for an 110 yr old?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 14, 2011, 8:25:53 AM PDT
My nephew and I plan on reading this book at the same time. Do you think it's too much book for him? He doesn't love reading like the rest of us but did read a biography of John Wilkes Booth and likes Lincoln. Have you read it, what do you think?

Posted on May 14, 2011, 8:26:25 AM PDT
Sorry- I meant an 11 year old...

Posted on Sep 12, 2011, 4:03:34 PM PDT
Chris Smith says:
well the book gets graphic at one or two scenes but if he likes lincoln and knows his history then yes this would be a nice addition. the book doesn't really get boring.

Posted on Jan 31, 2012, 9:05:34 PM PST
Eric says:
I dont know, It depends on the boy. You two have probably already made the decision of whether to read it or not by now. But i couldnt resist, I had had to ask if the 110 year old is a vampire. LOL :) I hope you did read the book and enjoyed it!

Posted on Aug 29, 2012, 8:29:13 AM PDT
Gaddio says:
Does the book have any sex scenes or innuendo that might not be appropriate for kids?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2014, 1:48:18 PM PST
Rich Stoehr says:
There's no actual sex scenes, but there's a few relatively suggestive things where the vampires are concerned (example: vampires sucking blood from a woman's breast). I'd honestly be more concerned with the violence though - there's some pretty graphic descriptions of heads getting beaten in or chopped, shootings, vampires literally tearing people apart, etc. Probably a bit much for your average 11-year-old.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  May 14, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith (Paperback - April 19, 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars (1,610)