BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Kidz Bop PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 2, 2007
The photo shows an #8 bucket, but when the product arrived it was #2 container...very misleading. It also states the product is environmentally friendly; however, it states on the container that it can cause permanent eye damage, is harmful to the skin and can cause damage to vegitation...I'm very disappointed with the product (which we decided not to use) and not very happy with the 100% money back guarantee.
on May 30, 2017
I used this product with very good results.

When we bought our house the roof many black stains. Upon closer examination we saw that it was even growing algae at the bottom edge the shingles. This is a sign of "advanced roof disease". We had the roof professionally cleaned for $1,000.00 with good results. Four year later we saw some stains coming back. We used Roof Reviver according to the instructions and the stains are gone.

Eight years ago our roof practically needed to be replaced: it was black with gunk (Typically gloeocapsa magma. There are many resources on the web where you can learn about this). At first GM is just ugly, but as it advances it can actually digest your roof. Thanks to this product, we still have the same roof today. It looks good and we don't intend to replace it any time in the foreseeable future.

A note about chemical precautions: I took many chemical precautions in using this product. I read the instructions. I have a degree in Chemistry, so I am trained to be cautious. 1) I always kept a fresh-water hose available to immediately rinse any skin or any person that was exposed to Roof Reviver. 2) I always had another person around in case someone needed to hose me off. (That person happened to be a physician, but that is not require ;-) ) 3) I took numerous additional chemical precautions. Inevitably I got some of the product on my skin and and calmly picked up the hose to wash-off. But it never really irritated my skin. I found this product less irritating than the Clorox that we use around the house and pool.

I am pretty sure that roof reviver, when mixed with water, creates hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen Peroxide is a good sanitizer, and you can use it to clean your teeth! It won't kill you, but don't be stupid! By all means, use caution, but this stuff is not like PCB's or radioactive plutonium. For goodness sake, just use precautions.

I don't know if it will hurt your plants or your siding, but, again, use caution. Don't expect the manufacturer to take responsibility for everything at your house that could be exposed. THE BIGGEST RISK OF THIS PRODUCT IS THAT YOU WILL FALL OFF OF THE ROOF. USE PRECAUTIONS!

There are millions of roofs that would benefit from this product - pretty much every roof in my neighborhood. But few people who will take the initiative to apply it to their roof.
on May 31, 2015
I have a cedar shake roof with algae, moss, and stain problems. I didn't buy this on Amazon, but directly from the retailer. I've had good results with the product. It killed all of the green and black growth and left my roof nearly new looking for about 2 years. It soaks into the wood and leaches out every time it rains for about a year. I should have reapplied after that 2nd year but waited until a couple of years had passed and the roof was in bad shape again. Another application cleared it up again and now I'm getting ready to order more of the product.
on June 19, 2010
Great product! We purchased a little home a few years ago with a grungy roof. Originally we thought the shingles were actually black, but only the roof on the front of the house was black - it was mold! (and everyone else in the neighborhood has it too!). We priced out shingles and the cost of reroofing and were simply not ready to invest. We ran across Roof Reviver after hearing about it on the radio. Such a small investment, it was worth a try. We purchased the 2 lb. container to test it on the worst areas of our roof. We applied it with a pump sprayer (like you would use for fertilizers). We sprayed it on in the Spring and chose to let it dry and let the rain wash it off over time (as opposed to spraying it off with a hose). After about 6 months we had a completely new roof! Sure it took some time... but guess who didn't have to pay thousands for a new roof?
review image
on October 21, 2013
I followed the instructions on the packaging and applied the product for 4 months and saw no change. I called the number on the container to speak with the company and the number is no longer in service. I wasted $90.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.