Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on December 18, 2013
First of all, the baking stone is gorgeous. Definitely something I would leave out on the counter.

More IMPORTANTLY it cooks really nicely. Pizzas brown nicely and stay warm while being served because the stone stays warm for a long time. I also experimented baking cookies on it. The cookies puffed up and looked a little crackly like you'd see in a bakery. The cookies on the metal baking sheet were flat and unimpressive looking, so I discovered a way to make non-gourmet cookies look gourmet. What's not to love?
on January 20, 2015
I've used this a handful of times to make pizza and bread. I haven't had any problems with it cracking like some other reviewers have mentioned. I do leave it in the oven to cool while the oven is cooling as well so maybe the fact that it's cooling at a slower rate is preventing it from cracking. Mine is blue, but not as vivid as the pictures would have you believe. I purchased it for its function though and it performs as expected.

*update 3/22/15
I've used this about a dozen times in the past 4 months and it has a massive crack from one end to the other, lengthwise. It's on both sides of the stone and I fear it will be breaking in half any moment now. I am always very careful with it, letting it cool down gradually and easing it in and out of the oven so I have no clue what may have caused the crack. I will be contacting amazon, and hopefully will receive a replacement.
on January 5, 2014
I love this stone's performance. The oven in my apartment is of 1970's vintage and getting the bottom of anything to brown is rare. But with the soapstone baking stone cookies and breads are all browned beautifully, both top and bottom. The soapstone is easy to use. Just a little cooking spray on the surface for bread is perfect and the clean up is just a simple "wipe it up." Cookies are evenly lightly browned on top and bottom. And, most importantly, the flavor is top notch. Kudos for this soapstone product for both performance and flavor!!
44 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2015
We purchased this hoping that the bad reviews and experiences were a result of improper handling but unfortunately it looks like it's the product itself that is faulty. Also unfortunately, we missed the window for returning it because we don't frequently make pizza. It worked great the 3 times we used it... each time we let the stone preheat with our oven and fully cool in the oven afterwards. After it had fully cooled in our oven the third time, a corner of the stone simply fell off. See the photo. Hopefully this will help others from making the same mistake OR if the manufacturer stands by the product and this is just a rare anomaly they can send me a new stone!
review image
on March 24, 2015
I returned this baking stone since it had big chips around the edges. Either it wasn't packaged well or I got a second-hand return that someone else returned. I was very disappointed and decided that it wasn't worth reordering. I wanted it to work - the idea of soap stone for baking sounded great. I might consider buying soap stone bricks or tiles instead. There would be more control over cracking and breaking on smaller pieces. The color was quite a lot more pale green than this picture portrays.
on April 25, 2014
I have used this stone a lot since I bought it - the first thing I made on it was Baguettes and they came out nice and crisp on the bottom. I just leave the stone in my oven at all time on the lowest rack and when I use it just move it to an upper rack. Plus it looks beautiful.
on September 19, 2016
I bought this for a gift for my dad for his birthday. About 6 months after i did, it started to crack. Then, 2 months after that, it broke in half. It was great until 6 months hit. I'm not sure why it broke. It was never dropped, or put on the edge of something where it could form a crack. We used it as the directions told us to use it. My dad was so happy with it. He uses the two halves for small things but we can't use it for pizza now.
on February 20, 2015
Well it is not the color show, but rather a dull grey. It came without instructions on how to season it or even mentioning thatthey HAVE to be seasoned., but these do need seasoning. I will search the web for that. FInally it is not 16" x 12", but 16" x 11.5". THis is important when you are cooking 12" Pizzas.
on December 11, 2014
After only 4 months of use, there is a huge crack all the way through the stone. This is a thick stone and it has never once been dropped or mishandled. I thought this done would last but I was wrong. I will be buying baking steel in the future.
on July 13, 2015
There is no star for...'it was delivered in pieces' and I was thoroughly upset. My only review is that when packing something delicate, make sure you cushion both sides, not just one. It doesn't make any sense. Now I am very weary of ordering another online, because my odds are horrible. What's weird is that I've ordered thongs which don't require any cushion, and they come packaged like it's a Tiffany lamp or Fabreges egg.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.