- File Size: 2075 KB
- Print Length: 103 pages
- Publisher: Phalanx Press (January 18, 2015)
- Publication Date: January 18, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00SFYXIB6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#641,804 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #2682 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- #2697 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- #4118 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
Top Ten Reasons We're Fat: And What to Do About It Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is just as suited to healthy weight maintenance as it is for weight loss. And although he does not overemphasize it, everything he discusses in the book is essential to good health generally.
So much common sense has been lost through the misguided advice of "experts" in recent decades. On diet, exercise, sleep, activity and other topics, Mangan recovers much of the traditional common sense we have lost and ties it to the latest scientific research and evidence. His advice is principle-based, and accordingly is both easy to implement and allows for flexibility in the the method of implementation.
Highly recommended, along with his Best Supplements for Men.
Mangan admits that different people's lists, and the order of the topics in the list, will differ. If I were create my own list, I would include: 1. "we eat the wrong kind of fat": we should be staying away from industrial seed oils and going back to traditional low omega-6 fats; 2. "we are inflamed": our diets, deficiencies and lack of activity promote inflammation which I believe is related to obesity; and 3. "our guts are disordered": we should be eating more fermented foods and cultivating a healthy gut.
And all this in an easy, conversational style. Four stars.
P.D.Mangan presented the information in his book, in a way that it easy to understand. He backs up this information with evidence, (which many modern dietetics books are not able to do).
His writing is engaging, and not overwhelming with Science jargon (for those like me who would be lost with too much of that).
For those who have already bought in to the whole low fat low protein high whole grains way of eating, this book will be for revolutionary for you. Whether you are looking to change your diet, or are already on the right path diet-wise , this book is well worth the read.
Looking forward to reading more from the author, in future.
I learned why I can't exercise my way to a healthy weight but that I can choose lifestyle behaviors that do add up to feeling and looking better!
This book is short and to the point with no fluff or recipes, which suits me fine.
Unfortunately, the Kindle book does not have an Table of Contents. Why?
Because the book lists 10 reasons ordered from least significant to most;
and after finishing, I wanted to check back through all.
So, I recommend the paper book over the Kindle.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness